The Democratic Caliphate.

You were already a counselor, but not a provincial one. Does this mean that you accept your new position? Give your answer on the Provisional Shura on the topic about it, so we may handle all that is needed for this transition.

Turkish President Announces State of Emergency as India Takes Over Persia

Message to the President of Turkey:

Thanks for reading our story dear President, but I must confess that you will probably feel sad in the next update.

That's because your turkish mates will erupt in the heart of Anatolia trying to wipe the Arab presence in Turkey and the rest of the Caliphate. But we won't let it, and we will obliterate them until not a single turkish man stands against us.

I hope you keep reading our story and don't feel bad for having your nation's ass kicked by us.

Sincerely,
Dar Misr

The Council is closed and the game is progressing. The Caliph will give the compiled orders of the Shura here later. Expect a great term now because many many things will happen together in the course of these 20 turns.

If you want more in-detail perspective of what has been happening, please visit Majlis ash-Shura for the plans for Persia, America and all sorts of older information from the council of 1189 A.D and before. Also take a look at the Provisional Shura for all info on the council of 1249 A.D, the period known as Al-Ummah, Bedoun al-Khalifa, when we had no Caliph to rule us, and Dar Misr (in an alliance with Nidham al-Adl) took as Regent.

There you may check Reports on the State of the Caliphate. Also you can check Council topics which are the places where the counselors give their policies and they are discussed.

Other topics contain important matters that need separate threads like Research, War Plans (like the Persian, Ethiopian, American and Ottoman plans), changes in rules, laws and customs, and more.

Also you may become part of the Shura yourself! We have available positions to fill in Majlis ash-Shura, like the Ulema, or even to become unassigned counselors which want to share their wisdom in the matters of state.

And either way you may enlist for a future available province. The Caliphate has a list of those which want to rule a province of the Caliphate when one is made available. Currently, as usual, no provinces are available, and there is already a counselor in the line (CaterpillarKing) for the next available province.

But don't think this takes too much. Last term and the Council of 1249 made 2 new positions which were the creation of Dar al-Majhool (Arab Mesoamerica) and the appointment of the new Dar al Arab (Arab Peninsula), the 3rd of his role.

World in 1270 AD

Full version below:
Spoiler :

I know there are some spoilers on this map, but nothing serious (everything is as planned).

Don't mind the gray area of Oman and the lighter shade of our color near Iraq, these are reminiscence from the Caliphate map, and both aren't actual parts of our civilization.

And we have no idea how Mongolia is, only that it conquered several chinese cities, so that's why I put China like that.

Where did you get that map? Great job, it's beautiful.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Thank you!

Nobody has answered my enlisting post, but it would be really nice if we could have more Ulemas.

Ulema is a new position created by the Caliph Sanguivorant to act as a Supreme Court for the Caliphate. It acts in validating Council decisions and solving conflicts between counselors. As any other counselor, the Ulema may vote in any voting we do on Majlis ash-Shura (the group) and cast opinions on any matter.

The way the Ulema act on its proper affairs is the same as the council: A consensus is intended, but when it isn't reached, a voting takes place (please correct me if I'm wrong Caliph).

Right now we have 2 Ulemas: citis and CaterpillarKing

So if you have any interest in participating on this story, but don't want many responsibilities, the Ulema is the right position for you to fill. As far as I know there is no limit to the number of Ulemas.

Bismillah al-Rahman al-Raheem,
To Khalifat al-Mu’mineen,
I write to you to describe to you what my men and I have witnessed in our Hajr (Migration). Indeed, we have encountered land like nothing we have seen before. It is Majhool (Unknown) to us. How grand is the Ard (Land) of Allah? We might know soon, in sha Allah.

As soon as we witnessed land, we looked at it, and saw strange creatures. Spotted, huge lions and coloured birds filled the vastness of these dense jungles.

We were hesitant to enter the land at first, but we eventually overcame our doubts and fears. How can we doubt ourselves when to Allah we all return?
We huddled in groups, afraid of the jungle’s animals. Eventually we came across a peoples with a foreign tongue. We have tried our best to not give them the impression that we are aggressors. They soon trusted us enough to allow us into their village.

They are pagan peoples who worship masks and statues. They wear little clothing, and are experts of their environment. What shook the men the most were the prowling, spotted cats in the bushy forests, that would attack and kill anyone that gets near. The locals call this animal, “Tahuantl”. In fact, these people hunt this animal, and skin them to make coats that help them to camouflage in the forests:

Their warriors dress like the animals of the jungles, and carry with them a jagged, edgy sword that pierces and cracks the skulls of its target.

After several months, we have begun to pick up their tongue, enough to communicate with them about small issues. They told us of a grand palace in which lives a Tulatouani, what we know as a King. “He is all powerful, all commanding”, they claim, and he rules over the Aztaqa, powerful peoples in this region.

Every year, this village is forced to draft some of their men into the Shoshiyya hoyotel, a ritual battle involving the capture of human beings to that they could be sacrificed to their lord. “Help us, help us!” the peoples exclaimed. “We are weak and powerless against the Aztaqa, and they do nothing but shed our blood. We must be freed from this tyranny.” We told them we were willing to help, as long as they reject all the false deities they were worshipping, and only worship Allah. They agreed.

We were outnumbered, but through gifting and diplomacy, we managed to unite the northern region of al-Majhool against the Aztaqa, with all the other tribes being sick of their rule. At the same time, these people entered the folds of Islam. In the vast jungles, we have constructed a colony in what is known as Tuitan. It is fortified with palisade, and ready to be defended.

Messengers later came to these tribes and handed to them a sword, indicating a declaration of war. They came to attack us, but wave after wave they would be killed by volleys of crossbow shots and arrows. We even utilized gunpowder in the defense of Tuitan, and we successfully repelled their invasion.

Now, it is them that are on the defensive. We go now to Tenochtitlan, the capital of the Aztaqa. Victory will be upon us, In sha Allah:

Peace be With You.

I will try to release a chapter a day. This will be a huge update, as many events happened during this term.

Love it! Very well made.

The Holy Roman Emperor hated the Orthodox Church. This was not an unusual state of affairs. The Holy Roman Emperors had hated the Church ever since the Head of the Orthodox Church, the Pope threatened to excommunicate the seventh Emperor if he didn't grant tax exemptions to the Church. What differentiated today from other days was that he Holy Emperor had a chance to fight back. Islam, a new religion had dislodged Christianity in several cities and was gathering force. Now a representative of the Arabs is coming to negotiate as a result. Perhaps he the Emperor could make some use of that, but he needed to make sure he wasn't trading in one master for another.
The Emperor didn't think much of the representative when he came. The man wore coarse clothes, rode a mule and might have been mistaken for a common beggar if not for his regal bearing and seal of the Caliphate. The messenger sank lower in the Emperor's estimation when he proceeded to tie his mule to the throne tearing up the silk carpet the emperor had taken great pains to buy from Persia in the process.
At least the beast hadn't pissed on his rug, the emperor thought.
No sooner than that thought had left his head did the mule urinate at the base of his throne. The Emperor was about to raise a cry of protest then decided not to after seeing the challenge in the dignitaries eyes. He wants to upset me, the Emperor thought, I shall not give him the satisfaction.
"Thank you for coming from a long way, I am honored to meet you."
"As am I. Forgive me for not accepting your hospitality and opting to spend my nights at an inn instead, I merely wanted to mingle with your subjects to bring the word of Allah to them. May I begin by petitioning you to end the persecution of Muslims in the Holy Roman Empire?"
"Could you please answer some questions about Islam for me first?"
"Yes."
"Is there are any religious central authority in Islam with temporal powers?"
"No. The ruler of a region must rule by Islamic principles, but it is his discretion on how to do so."
The Holy Roman Emperor did not hear much beyond no.
"Also, I hear that polygamy is allowed?"
There was this sweet French Princess the Emperor had his eye on, but did not want to go to the trouble of divorcing his wife over.
"I fear that you seem to be interested in Islam for the wrong reasons, brother, but yes..." the dignitary went on about the rights of the wife and husband, but The Holy Roman Emperor didn't hear anything except a yes.
"Thank you for enlightening me on Islam. I shall have to learn more and think on it more, but today seems to have been a very productive day."
The dignitary left without a word. Little did the holy Roman Emperor know he had been slated for destruction. The emissary from Allah was well aware of the fact that the Emperor had made no promises or commitments.
Dear Caliph
i have spoken to the holy Roman Emperor. He seems receptive enough to the message of Islam if not a bit insincere. However, I would not trust him. He has made no promises, and even if he did, they would not be worth the air used to say them. We should look for another candidate for Emperor to end persecution of Islam in the Holy Roman Empire, for this one will not do so.

Bismillah al-Rahman al-Raheem,

I send this message to Khalifat al-Mu’mineen,

It has been seven years now since I have entered ard al-Majhool. I deliver to you this message to inform you of what has happened until then.

With Tuitan heavily fortified, we marched south to attack the city of Tenoshtitlan:

It is a city floating on a lake. In the center are Ahram (Pyramids) which resemble those of Misr and of the Iraqi city of Ninawa. The city’s position makes it very defensible. Fortunately, the camels you have shipped to us for this battle proved to be useful, as these peoples have never seen the camel before, and feared coming close to it. We surrounded the city from two fronts so as to box them inside the lake:

We maneuvered our cavalry on top of hills, and ordered them to fill the island with arrows. The Aztaqa dispatched some of their warriors, but they were already defeated before they could climb the hill:

With the western flank kept busy, our soldiers in the eastern flank were commanded to assault the city. Unfortunately, they were met with ferocious fighters that were willing to die as much as our will to die for Allah subhanahu wa ta’alah. Many of our men died in that battle:

At the same time, our allies aided us in a final assault which opened to us the city walls. Tenoshtitlan was finally ours:

The end for the Aztaqa was near. However, it appears that the King of the Aztaqa has fled, and founded a new Kingdom at Danni Baa. They have also managed to snatch some of our crossbows in some of the battles that they have won:

I sent a messenger ship down to Al-Yu’Qataan al-Janoubi (South Yucatan) and requested that the colony of Yakes Mutaal prepare an army to travel north and attack the final city that is between us and our final control of these lands:

The city was covered in mountain, and with their crossbows, it seemed impossible to take. We sent a messenger from the locals, requesting that they lay their arms down and hand over the king and we will spare their lives. They returned to us the messenger’s skull.
So we waited, and we are of the patient. The city began to starve, and they tried to tear through the blockage we have imposed upon them, with no success. Everywhere they went, they were assaulted by a barrage of arrows. Disorder began to happen in the city. Eventually, they gave up and tribute to us their king in return for peace. We accepted.

So I send to you this letter on a ship which contains the fallen King. His name is Montezuma. He leaves his land, and carries upon his shoulder the burden of a fallen empire. Treat him nicely:

I have begun to like it in these lands. I will remain there, and help teach the locals about Islam.

Peace be with You.

Stay tuned! Next up is a story about the adventurer who went to the Inca.

Top Bottom