Official Civ4 S&T Off-Topic Thread

BEEEES!

:lol: I get it :p Very clever Noob

You know there's something up with your face when both your parents and grandparents give you razors for Christmas.

In other news, Merry Christmas everybody! I wasn't on here yesterday, 'cuz Christmas and stuff, but a happy holiday to all!

Man, I wish I could grow facial hair. Yet, here I am, stuck with these tiny, thin hairs that only multiply once every other year.

My dad set up my old PS2 for me again. Doesn't sound like much, but when you consider how many games I had for it that I haven't been able to play in years, it's like I got 30-40 Christmas presents in one! :D

I've never upgraded past my trusty old PS1 and PS2.

I got a handy dandy electric razor, auto emergency kit, and a very nice air freshener for car.

I'm figuring some people here might be interested in this because CivIV S&T's long history of Realpolitik and Civilization Kings.

So how's the vote in the Minister of Magadh group doing?

2 for the laws, 2 for the wish, and 1 abstention still. Why does this forum seem so dead right now? I've posted two updates to Ethiopia with no response and I asked a question on the Ethiopia group, again with no response... Where is everyone?

Hello,

As much as it pains me to say this, I think it must be said. In the course of human events, all good things must come to an end. My time here, on the forums, is not for much longer. Honestly, I really echo mrrandomplayer's sentiment here when I say I have not played Civ in ages. I realize I have just spent so much time here posting, when I really could be doing something a little more constructive to my needs. I'm about to go into overdrive on practice for my school play, so I really wouldn't be on much anyways. It's not you guys that are bringing me to this; it never was. In fact, you are the reason I haven't retired already. But, alas, I must go. I would appreciate if anyone would be willing to take over the 2014 S&T Awards (Just ask the mods to switch the posts to your account), and I would also like to resign from any IAARs I'm participating in. Of the top of my head, that includes India (which is incredibly well done, I hope you keep going with it, adhiraj), Russia (which I was in exile in London), Arabia, and Ethiopia. I will peek my head in here every so often, maybe to check a few of my favorite stories (especially The Ironclad Oath, if RT ever revives that), maybe to visit the OT thread here every so often, and maybe to throw my vote in if there are any electives around.

Before I go, I just want to address some of you guys.
To:

CaterpillarKing,
I hope you stay in these forums for a long time from now, because, in all honesty, you're the king around here now. Take good care of S&T. (P.S. I still want that America Mod)

TheNoob,
Just remember that you are amazing, no matter what anyone else says. Be confident in what you do, and don't lose who you are.

DKVM,
Even if you may have butted heads with the others on occasion, it doesn't mean that we dislike you. You're a wonderful person and a great character. Stay classy.

GreekAnalyzer,
I guess this leaves you as the veteran here. Don't let these youngsters ever forget what it was like in the olden days, and stay true to the golden years.

Spirictum,
My Brazilian friend, you certainly have a great strategic mind and a knack for Interactive stories. Don't ever lose that.

adhiraj.bose,
Your story has contained some of the best writing I have seen here in years. I really pray that you choose to make it into a novel. I'd certainly buy a copy if you did.

Royal Tenenbaum,
America was the greatest story I have had the honor to participate in, and I hope TIO and A Space Odyssey pan out well.

To anyone I have not addressed, especially VGL, Manuss, jackegull, Sanguivorant, citis, Matthias I, CFCoasters, mrrandomplayer, Moai_Spammer, Grifguz, and trexeric,
You are all great people, and it was my pleasure to spend these last two years with you.

And now, I feel the north wind coming. Goodbye everyone, and best of luck to all.

Sincerely,
baseballpie, (a.k.a. Matt)

Top Bottom