Civilization Request Thread

That's... kind of a really weak UA, the additional Delegate does give a marginal help, but triggering rebellion in a civ is so difficult as is that it could as well do nothing.

Splitting up Greece into Macedon, Sparta and Athens could make for some interesting nations. I can see why the devs didn't do this but combining Hoplites with Companions never really made much sense to me for the Greeks.
Well, let's see here...
ProjectCiv (Irkalla + Leugi, IIRC) did a Spartan Civ.
So did LastSword.
Oh, and also Alexander666, who I think we forget about because he hasn't been online for, like, a year and a half.
And then we got ambrox62 who did a Greek Epic Pack.
Firebug has Greek City States in progress, although so far there's just Corinth.
Plus More Civs who have been working on a Greek split for a while., although it's not released yet.

So... yeah, this idea has kinda been done several times. :p Like, probably too many times. And that's not even counting other Hellenistic nations that have been modded, including but not limited to the Minoans, the Seleucids, the Ptolemaic Kingdom, Bactria, Illyria... and so on.

That's... kind of a really weak UA, the additional Delegate does give a marginal help, but triggering rebellion in a civ is so difficult as is that it could as well do nothing.

Do you have any suggestions for a new UA? I'm open to any ideas anybody has ;)

With the success of trying to split up America, shall we move along? I suppose Arabia is next on the list, and again, I'd love to see what anyone can dream up for it. Don't be afraid to make a proposal for a civ just because someone else did it, by the way, the more the merrier!

:c5gold: The Gulf States :c5culture:
Sheikh Zayed Bin Rashid Al-Nahyan​

UA: Yallah Habibi!
:trade: International Trade routes to or from a city provide a small :c5food: growth bonus and generate +1 :c5gold: gold for every 3 :tourism: tourism in the home city. +5% :tourism: tourism for every 200 :c5gold: gold in the treasury.
UB: Skyscraper Complex
Replacing the Hotel, the Skyscraper complex does not boost the amount of :tourism: tourism from great works. Instead, :c5culture: 10% of the culture in this city is converted to :c5gold: gold, and receive +1 :tourism: tourism in this city for every 10 :c5gold: gold produced here. Has a merchant slot.
UU: Magnate
Replacing the :c5greatperson: Great Merchant, the Magnate boosts :c5production: production of :c5culture: cultural buildings in cities while garrisoned there. When a Magnate constructs a customs house, instantly receive :c5gold: gold for every worked Oil resource in the empire. Receive points towards a Magnate whenever a :c5gold: gold building is built in the :c5capital: Capital.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's a great idea. Dats even better UA name, though :crazyeye:;)
But maybe the magnates boost should be based on something other then oil as well?

Well, I guess it's about time I actually post my concepts for an Arabian split I sorta promised on JFD's thread ages ago.

Rashidun Caliphate

Umar

Tribe of Faith
Receive :c5faith: Faith (Piety if you play with P&P) from conquering City-States or original Capitals. All land units receive a combat bonus against and increased Mubarizun generation from attacking cities following a Pantheon belief or without a major religion.

Mobile Guard
Replaces Horseman. When it starts a turn stacked with a Mubarizun, it transfers its :c5moves: Movement to it, loses the City combat penalty, receives an additional :c5moves: Movement and may attack twice. In addition, it is unlocked at Drama and Poetry instead of Horseback Riding.

Mubarizun
Replaces Great General. In addition to the combat bonus, it damages enemy units and cities within its influence range every turn.

Umayyad Caliphate

Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan

Allahu Akbar
Land Trade Routes receive a 50% increase in range. Your Trade Routes spread the home City's Religion twice as effectively. Newly trained units receive +1 XP for every city following your major religion (up to 30 XP).

Camel Archer
Replaces Knight. Is a weaker ranged unit instead of a melee unit. Receives no penalty when attacking Cities and double :c5moves: Movement in deserts.

Not sure
Please make your own suggestions.

Abbasid Caliphate

Harun al-Rashid

House of Wisdom
Gain 1 global :c5happy: Happiness for every traded Luxury Resource. :c5science: Science is increased by 20% during :c5goldenage: Golden Ages.

[TXT_KEY_UNIT_HAMM_ABBASID_SCIENTIST]
Replaces Great Scientist. Generates a :greatwork: Great Work of Writing if expended during a :c5goldenage: Golden Age.

Souq
Replaces Market. 1 extra count of each improved luxury resource near the city. :greatwork: Great Works of Writing in the city generate :c5goldenage: Golden Age points.

I agree with COF, though it shouldn't be difficult coming up with something else ;)
Otherwise I really like this UU. Can't remember seeing a similar ability for a Great Person replacement (may just be lack of memory though [emoji14])

Oh, I didn't even see what you'd written in the original post - just took it from COF's reply [emoji14]

Well, I guess it's about time I actually post my concepts for an Arabian split I sorta promised on JFD's thread ages ago.

What does souq has to do with great works of writing?
That's definitely unique.

Well I've got Indonesia split idea:

Kingdom of Srivijaya

Spoiler :
leader: Samaratungga
UA: Coastal Influence
May not found non-coastal* cities. Coastal cities start as :c5puppet: puppets with extra territory. +1 :tourism: tourism per ever coastal city you have(Maximum of 10 tourism) with more then 1 trade route. Receive 33% of the :c5gold: GPT output of Naval :trade: trade routes that pass through your territory. +1 :tourism: tourism per every naval :trade: trade route that passes through your territory.
UU: Borobudur ship
Replaces Caravel. Available at compass. Has 1 extra :c5moves: movement and sight, cheaper, but weaker then the caravel which it replaces.
UB: Candi
Replaces temple. Has lower :c5gold: maintenance and :c5production: production cost then the temple. Also provides +1 :c5culture: culture.

Kingdom of Majapahit
Spoiler :
leader: Hayam Wuruk
UA: Rulers of Nusantara
Cities act as source of unique luxuries, and may spawn unique luxuries in their territory. Enemy naval units receive combat penalty in your territory based on the distance from your cities. Free mahapatih on Chivalry.
UU: Mahapatih
Replaces :c5greatperson: great general. In addition to great general's abilities, he gives combat bonus to adjacent naval units and may start a :c5goldenage: golden age.
UB: Candi
Replaces garden. Increases :c5greatperson: great people generation by +20%, provides 2 :c5culture: culture and :c5faith: faith. Requires 1 more :c5gold: maintenance.

Alternate elements
Spoiler :
Leader:Gajah Mada
UA: Sumpha Palapa
Receive :c5goldenage: golden age points and :c5culture: culture Upon capturing a city(based on the city's territory). During peace & war times, Receive +1 :c5culture: culture from plantations.

UA: Domination of Indonesia
Cities settled on another continents provide extra gold from trade routes. Receive 75% more :c5gold: gold from demanding tribute, but it reduces :c5influence: influence by 33% more. Each enemy city you own increases :c5influence: influence resting point with :c5citystate: by 3(to a maximum of 24)

UU: Mahapatih
Replaces great admiral. In addition to great admiral's abilities, the mahapatih increases the amount of experience that adjacent units gain from combat, and causes units within two tiles range of him produce :c5greatperson: great general points. Has :c5strength: combat strength, based on :c5science: technologies that you gain.
ah

I've been thinking of how an Aragon civ would work, but I'm currently stuck.
Crown of Aragon
Leader: Alfonso V de Trastámara
UA: Confederate Realm
Conquered cities become puppets and can't be annexed. May purchase in puppeted cities.
UU:Almogàver
Replaces Longswordsman, Ignores terrain movement cost and can move after pillaging.
UB: ?

Splitting Original civs is too passe, let's Split mod civs instead!

Picunche

Leader: Lautaro (Leftraru)
UA: Legacy of Arauco: May enter enemy territory without Open Borders. Generate extra experience in Battle. +1 GG Point for every unit on enemy territory on the outbreak of war.
UU: Toki: Replaces Great General. May Attack and Defend and move after Pillaging. May not build Citadels.
UU: Mawidanche: Replaces Longswordsman. Ignores Enemy zone of Control, doesn't have movement penalty in forests and is stealthed from enemies when there.

Moluche

Leader: Pelantaro
UA: Pruloncon: No Unhappiness from Cities being razed. After the Discovery of Calendar, units that die on an unimproved or pillaged tile creates a Chemamull.
UU: Shankache: Replaces Cannon. Melee unit. Reduces damage taken from ranged attacks from surrounding units and increases attacks againt fortified units and cities.
UI: Chemamüll: +1 Culture, +2 Faith. Consumes worker when built. Claims tile when not built by a Worker. Units starting their turn on a Chemamüll tile gain a combat bonus and earn doublé experience.

Huilliche

Leader:Janequeo
UA: Chillihue: Units start with +1 Experience for each Freshwater tile on the territory of the city. Civilian units ignore movement costs from rivers.
UU: Dalca. Replaces Trirreme. Has a Ranged attack, may change Ports and upgrades into the Frigate.
UU: Waikilaf: Replaces Pikeman. Aside from its bonus against Cavalry units, it also has a Combat bonus against Gun units. Earns extra experience in Battle.

Puelche

Leader:Calfucura
UA: Lord of the Pampas: Cavalry units trained in cities founded on open terrain gain the "Town Destroyer" Promotion, negating their combat penalty against cities.
UU: Malalkawuello: Replaces Lancer. Can Fortify on enemy Bonus or Strategic Resources to claim them for your empire. After some turns, the resource will be moved to your closest city.
UB: Corral. Replaces Stable. +1 Production for every Bonus and Strategic Resource on the city. +15% Production Towards Cavalry units and they start with +15 Experience.

I have a few civs for an England split:

Colonial British Empire

Leader: King George III

UA: British East India Company - Cities founded on a different continent from the capital receive a free Worker & Cargo Ship (a Caravan if it is not on the coast) upon settlement.

UU1: Redcoat - Unlike the Rifleman it replaces, the Redcoat can be Housed in cities belonging to other civs & city-states to increase diplomatic pressure. This will consume the unit however. They also ignore Rough Terrain penalties.

UU2: Explorer - Taken from the Scramble for Africa Scenario in BNW; replaces the Archaeologist. Does not require a Museum to be built.

Victorian England

Leader: Queen Victoria

UA: Age of Esteemed Innovation - Begin the game with a free technology. Once the Industrial Era is reached, receive either a Great Work of Writing or a Great Work of Art.

UU: Ship of the Line - Same as vanilla.

UB: Sewage System - Unlike the Aqueduct it replaces, the Sewage System gives the empire additional Food & (if the Health & Plague mod is installed) Health.

Elizabethan England

Leader: Queen Elizabeth I

UA: Sun Never Sets - Same as vanilla.

UU1: Longbowman - Same as vanilla.

UU2: Sea Dog - Unlike the Caravel it replaces, the Sea Dog is able to plunder trade routes between two other civilizations without getting any negative feedback from either civ. Once a trade route is plundered, the empire gains all the resources & gold being traded along the trade route at the time.

United Kingdom During World Wars (Needs a better name :p )

Leader: Winston Churchill

UA: Defense of the Realm - The empire receives GP points whenever there is a military victory beginning in the Modern Era.

UU: Spitfire - The Spitfire has 2 more movement compared to the Fighter it replaces (need ideas for this one).

UU2/UB/UI: ??? (Note: This is probably the most undeveloped civ out of the 4 due to the fact that I am not too familiar with recent history (my favorite subjects are ancient history & the Age of Discovery), but I still wanted to put it up for feedback :) .)

I have a few civs for an England split:

Colonial British Empire

Leader: King George III

UA: British East India Company - Cities founded on a different continent from the capital receive a free Worker & Cargo Ship (a Caravan if it is not on the coast) upon settlement.

UU1: Redcoat - Unlike the Rifleman it replaces, the Redcoat can be Housed in cities belonging to other civs & city-states to increase diplomatic pressure. This will consume the unit however. They also ignore Rough Terrain penalties.

UU2: Explorer - Taken from the Scramble for Africa Scenario in BNW; replaces the Archaeologist. Does not require a Museum to be built.

Victorian England

Leader: Queen Victoria

UA: Age of Esteemed Innovation - Begin the game with a free technology. Once the Industrial Era is reached, receive either a Great Work of Writing or a Great Work of Art.

UU: Ship of the Line - Same as vanilla.

UB: Sewage System - Unlike the Aqueduct it replaces, the Sewage System gives the empire additional Food & (if the Health & Plague mod is installed) Health.

Elizabethan England

Leader: Queen Elizabeth I

UA: Sun Never Sets - Same as vanilla.

UU1: Longbowman - Same as vanilla.

UU2: Sea Dog - Unlike the Caravel it replaces, the Sea Dog is able to plunder trade routes between two other civilizations without getting any negative feedback from either civ. Once a trade route is plundered, the empire gains all the resources & gold being traded along the trade route at the time.

United Kingdom During World Wars (Needs a better name :p )

Leader: Winston Churchill

UA: Defense of the Realm - The empire receives GP points whenever there is a military victory beginning in the Modern Era.

UU: Spitfire - The Spitfire has 2 more movement compared to the Fighter it replaces (need ideas for this one).

UU2/UB/UI: ??? (Note: This is probably the most undeveloped civ out of the 4 due to the fact that I am not too familiar with recent history (my favorite subjects are ancient history & the Age of Discovery), but I still wanted to put it up for feedback :) .)

Some ideas sound rather similar to what JFD made on his British Civs.

Don't forget Great Britain(WWII) by JFD: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11891549&postcount=10 and Great Britian(WWI) by Greater Europe: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13146282&postcount=1

What about my indonesia idea?
And im going to give some israel and phlistiens split ideas...

Top Bottom