DEITY CHALLENGE - aiming for sub 100T domination victory

Got a T69 victory on Lakes. I didn't get a ram ruin but I went for Bronze Working first - HAs caught up to BRs easily later on.

Details later, but here's the victory screenshot:
Spoiler :

Nice! :goodjob:

So...eldorado or not?

Nice! :goodjob:

So...eldorado or not?
Thanks. :) Nope, no El Dorado. It appears relatively often on Lakes I think, but I didn't get it this time. Anyway, here's the detailed writeup.

I used the following settings: 5 billion world age, temperate, arid, small bodies of water. Promotion saving on.

The start:
Spoiler :

This is a very nice 3-pop city spot. Good production is crucial - Attila's bonus to pastures synergizes with early war so well. Settling on a mining lux is great too - steal an AI worker early, sell the lux in a peace deal for quick 240 gold. The other silver allows to do this twice - so this is about as good as finding El Dorado really.

The plan was simple - send 2-3 pairs of Battering rams in different directions early, demand tribute from CS, snipe capitals. Then spam Horse Archers for support.

Tech order: Bronze Working - Wheel - lux techs
BO: Warriors, Battering Rams, Horse Archers
Policies: Liberty opener - Free worker - Golden age - Happiness

T25, scouting:
Spoiler :

Here I was about to get my second ram and had to decide which way to go first. Lakes always has pretty much the same layout as Great Plains, 4 civs spread out evenly in the north and 4 civs in the south. I chose to send the first two rams to Marrakech, then continue the northern conquest into either Brazil or Arabia. I didn't scout Brazil's capital and Mecca looked super easy to take, so I visited Harun first. The second pair of rams would move to Vienna and other southern civs.

T33, Marrakech falls.
Spoiler :

T44, Vienna.
Spoiler :

T47, Mecca
Spoiler :

By t48 I got another pair of rams and sent them to the east, to kill either Pedro or whatever AI was south of him. Then I finally scout Brazil's capital:
Spoiler :

2 rams is obviously not good enough for that, so I leave Pedro alone for now. It becomes clear he'll be the final target and I'll just need to zerg him with a ton of units. I send the 2 rams south of Brazil and find Venice there. The Horse Archer spam begins, slightly sped up by Liberty's Golden Age.

T57 Lisbon falls, but I lose a ram. Maria retook the city 2 or 3 times, but then I got a peace deal on t62.
Spoiler :

T60, Addis Ababa. Haile also managed to retake the city a couple of times. We make peace on t65 or so.
Spoiler :

T62, Venice. Meanwhile, I'm moving troops to Brazil's capital
Spoiler :

T68, Pedro's doomed.
Spoiler :

Good call on mining lux settling.

Salt is overrated here i guess. Goal is so short term handed. You need gold for rush buys and only a 3-4 pop capital production focused and your game explains it all.

On pangea maps you need more luck due to larger mountain scales. But overall it's basically same approach. El dorado can be nice but you demonstrated that cs bullying can provide you enough gold to maintain pace.

By definition Lakes is a pangea map...unless OP wants a real pangea map. But...who cares? It's all about luck from now. The strategy is there.

Again, :goodjob:

:goodjob: vadalaz

30 turns better then required is very good result.

Have you submitted your game to HoF?

Very nice victory time Vadalaz. I have had different tech order Wheel -> Bronze Working but your tech order seems to be much better. Gotta try it this way too :)

IronfighterXXX what is next goal? Sub 60?

Edit: What's your reasoning for having ethiopia as opponent instead of sweden or india? They have that 20% combat bonus against you.

IronfighterXXX what is next goal? Sub 60?

Well, I would rather try to repeat this with civ with no early combat bonuses (and maybe on normal pangea map).

Top Bottom