Dynamic Culture Overview

Loading "Argentina Civilization" seemed to result in a nearly empty Culture Overview (no cities, only first four columns listed). Deleting the cache and reinstallling solved the issue.

I've been having the same problem both with and without this mod. I'm still trying to find the mod/mod conflict that makes this happen.

With this mod and some others, including TPangolin's Vietnam mod, the culture overview would have the Amphitheater replaced with Vietnam's UB Amphitheater, regardless of what civ I played as. Is this a load order problem? I'm not sure how to fix that.

EDIT: Would it work if I went through my other mods and took out the CultureOverview.lua from those folder? I think the two troublemakers might be JFD's Franks and Armenia.

EDIT EDIT: Okay, I had to delete all of those lua files from other mods and everything seems to work...except Vietnam. Maybe add a reference to fix the load order?

Oh boy, I didn't see this as I was away. Great job, will link this in my fancy thread (and use it):goodjob:

IN ADDITION:
Feel free to take this mod and incorporate it to your own.

I'm having some trouble getting this to work in my own mod, adding a unique national Wonder with 2 slots for GW of Writing. I've added both the .xml and the .lua files to ModBuddy, and tried various combinations of VFS=true/false and InGameUIAddin, and nothing seems to work.

What happens is: after the loading screen, the culture overview panel is open, and won't respond to the close button (or close any other way, for that matter). If I use the keyboard shortcut to build my first city, then click the Tourism icon on the top of the screen, the culture overview window will then close by clicking twice.

Everything does work correctly if I load the Dynamic Culture Overview mod separately, I just don't want users to have to download and use a separate mod if it's not necessary.

I am using version 6.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Wow it seem the forum didn't see fit to tell me I'd been getting posts here. Thanks guys for the support.

EDIT EDIT: Okay, I had to delete all of those lua files from other mods and everything seems to work...except Vietnam. Maybe add a reference to fix the load order?
D'you have a link to it? There seems to be multiple vietnam civs.

I'm having some trouble getting this to work in my own mod, adding a unique national Wonder with 2 slots for GW of Writing. I've added both the .xml and the .lua files to ModBuddy, and tried various combinations of VFS=true/false and InGameUIAddin, and nothing seems to work.

What happens is: after the loading screen, the culture overview panel is open, and won't respond to the close button (or close any other way, for that matter). If I use the keyboard shortcut to build my first city, then click the Tourism icon on the top of the screen, the culture overview window will then close by clicking twice.

Everything does work correctly if I load the Dynamic Culture Overview mod separately, I just don't want users to have to download and use a separate mod if it's not necessary.

I am using version 6.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Odd, all I did was set VFS to true in both and have the names match. Sure it's not some other mod replacing the XML or Lua?

Odd, all I did was set VFS to true in both and have the names match. Sure it's not some other mod replacing the XML or Lua?

Thanks! I will test again this weekend and see. The only other mods I have running are IGE and Unlimited XP from Barbarians (along with the custom civ I'm building) so I doubt it's a mod conflict.

EDIT: Wow, that worked. And here I thought I had tried every combination. Thanks again!

I've been having the same problem both with and without this mod. I'm still trying to find the mod/mod conflict that makes this happen.

With this mod and some others, including TPangolin's Vietnam mod, the culture overview would have the Amphitheater replaced with Vietnam's UB Amphitheater, regardless of what civ I played as. Is this a load order problem? I'm not sure how to fix that.

EDIT: Would it work if I went through my other mods and took out the CultureOverview.lua from those folder? I think the two troublemakers might be JFD's Franks and Armenia.

I have the same problem, sort of. I don't see the amphitheater at all. And I have the said Vietnam civ installed. I wouldn't like to uninstall it, is there any other solution ?

Ok at first I thought something was wrong but reading the XML it's just that the Water Puppet Theater doesn't have any GW slots so naturally it won't show up.
Oh, and the Water Puppet Theater uses BUILDINGCLASS_THEATRE, which means it replaces the Theater, not the Amphitheater.

Unfortunately, I can't validate this in-game because Civ5 has decides it completely and utterly hates my computer and crashes when trying to start a new game.

Nice! Gonna download.

Btw, does it include some kind of "maximize culture for city X" or "optimise great work theming bonus" feature? Something along those lines? I mean currently it's very tedious to manage it. I am gonna give this mod a try though.

This mod is really nice, but I am having some problems with it when adding it to my muliplayer mod using the MPMPM DLC-hack method. The problem is that the Host's buildings take priority and overwrite the regular buildings for other players.

I have given the Greeks an Odeon building, replacing the Amphitheatre, and this show up fine for me as the host, and I can't see the Amphitheatre in the overview. So far so good. The problem is that the same is true for other players as well, so when they get a work of art in the Amphitheatre, they cannot access it.

I have dabbled a little bit in Lua while working with this mod, but this is way out of my league. I am assuming that if I could get all buildings with work of art slots for all civs in the current game to show up in the list, it would be fine, even if this would mean that some of the buildings would get placed on the "wonder" section below the city names.

I can get all civ-specific buildings to show up by messing with this part, but can not figure out how to get both the regular building (Amphitheatre) and specific building (Odeon) to show up at the same time. Would be grateful for any help!

Code:
for row in DB.Query([[
	SELECT b.Id AS Id, bc.Type AS BuildingClass, b.Type AS BuildingType, GreatWorkCount,
	CivilizationType, t.GridX, t.GridY, 
	EXISTS (
	SELECT 1
	FROM Building_ThemingBonuses
	WHERE BuildingType = b.Type
	LIMIT 1 
	) AS HasThemeBonusInt
	FROM BuildingClasses AS bc
	JOIN Buildings AS b ON bc.Type = b.BuildingClass
	LEFT JOIN Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides AS o ON o.BuildingType = b.Type
	LEFT JOIN Technologies AS t ON b.PrereqTech = t.Type
	WHERE	MaxPlayerInstances = -1 AND
	MaxTeamInstances = -1 AND
	MaxGlobalInstances = -1 AND
	GreatWorkCount > 0 AND
	CivilizationType = ?
	]], GameInfo.Civilizations[Game.GetActiveCivilizationType()].Type) do
	gwBuildings[row.BuildingClass] = row;
	dprint(row.BuildingType);
	end

So I fiddled around a bit more with the code and I think I got it to work the way I want it to with these simple changes (starts at around line 460):

Before:
Code:
	for row in DB.Query([[
		SELECT b.Id AS Id, bc.Type AS BuildingClass, b.Type AS BuildingType, GreatWorkCount, 
		EXISTS (
			SELECT 1
			LIMIT 1 
		) AS HasThemeBonusInt
				GreatWorkCount > 0 AND
				CivilizationType IS NULL
	]]) do
		gwBuildings[row.[COLOR="Red"]BuildingClass[/COLOR]] = row;
	end

-- If you get overrides after normal buildings it'll effectively replace the previous buildings so it all works out pretty nicely.
	for row in DB.Query([[
		EXISTS (
			SELECT 1
			LIMIT 1 
		) AS HasThemeBonusInt
				GreatWorkCount > 0 [COLOR="Red"]AND
				CivilizationType = ?[/COLOR]
	]][COLOR="Red"], GameInfo.Civilizations[Game.GetActiveCivilizationType()].Type)[/COLOR] do
		gwBuildings[row.[COLOR="Red"]BuildingClass[/COLOR]] = row;
	end

After:

Code:
	for row in DB.Query([[
		EXISTS (
			SELECT 1
			LIMIT 1 
		) AS HasThemeBonusInt
				GreatWorkCount > 0 AND
				CivilizationType IS NULL
	]]) do
		gwBuildings[row.[COLOR="Red"]BuildingType[/COLOR]] = row;
	end

-- If you get overrides after normal buildings it'll effectively replace the previous buildings so it all works out pretty nicely.
	for row in DB.Query([[
		EXISTS (
			SELECT 1
			LIMIT 1 
		) AS HasThemeBonusInt
				GreatWorkCount > 0 
	[COLOR="Red"]]]) do[/COLOR]
		gwBuildings[row.[COLOR="Red"]BuildingType[/COLOR]] = row;
	end

Now all non-wonder buildings with a great work slot shows up in the overview list. The Greeks will have them in the Odeon and the other civs in the Amphitheatre. There will be several empty buildings that most Civs will not be able to build but at least everything shows up and it seems to work fine so far, have not played a complete game with it yet.

Hi KyteM

Thanks for this mod - I am a massive fan of solutions that work across all the mods and provide universal fix. I have a question about compatibility though.

I have compared this file with CultureOverview.lua and .txt from different civilizations and:

1. JFD's Iceland and Papal States have the same xml, and are either identical or have minor differences in lua (pPlayer vs player in a few lines), so I guess it's safe to assume that all JFD's civs are fully compatible and he is implementing your solution by default?

2. Colonialist Legacies Mexican Republic has a different lua file, and has no xml file - will it work if I get rid of this mods CultureOverview and use yours? Or should I use both? And will the fact that Mexico has no xml mess things up?

3. Colonialist Legacies Boers and Vietnam, and Leugi's Peru don't use culture overview at all, but have new buildings with slots that replace museum and amphitheatre. Since the building are only replacements, is it safe to assume your mod won't do any harm?

4. Leugi's Cuba and Bolivia culture overview xml and lua are the same, so I guess again full compatibility.

5. Leugi's Paraguay has no xml, and lua is different. Should I delete Paraguays lua and use yours? Or leave everything as it is? And what about xml missing in Paraguay?

And one last question. As krolac above I would love to use your mod in multiplayer via MPMPM.
Did you have a chance to look at the incompatibility reported above and the solution? What are your thoughts?

Now all non-wonder buildings with a great work slot shows up in the overview list. The Greeks will have them in the Odeon and the other civs in the Amphitheatre. There will be several empty buildings that most Civs will not be able to build but at least everything shows up and it seems to work fine so far, have not played a complete game with it yet.

Hi krolac and thanks for the fix. Did you have a chance to test it in a full game?
And do you think that it would still work when there are 5 civs used at the same time, all with modified GW buildings?

Top Bottom