Civilization Request Thread

Rome UA rework:
All roads lead to Rome: +1 Happiness for each City you own connected to the Capital. +20% Gold from City Connections.

I think that was Natan trying sarcasm, though don't quote me on that. =]

FYI, I think China could do with its UA being slightly different. How about this:-

UA: Celestial Emperor
+1 :c5science: Science in the :c5capital: Capital for each :c5science: Science-generating building in your other cities. Units in enemy territory generate 1 :c5science: Science per turn for every adjacent friendly unit.

Kinda reminds me of the UA of China in Civilization Revolution which, if I recall correctly, was the most powerful civ, only rivaled by the "cheap buy everything" USA.

Trying to balance Science Civs is difficult, it's what I'm trying to say. :crazyeye:

What do you think of Korea, then? Half its UA is a Rationalism policy. I don't see a problem with a UA that gives you a liberty policy for free.
Korea also annoys me :p
Though I do think my initial reaction was to harsh. Since going liberty would end up with +2 happiness per city which is very nice for going wide.

Ethiopia
Leader:
Zera Yacob
UA: Zeal: Each City with a Inquisitor increases Combat Strength of City by 25% and Local City Happiness by 2. Missionaries 50% stronger.
UU: Oromo-warrior - replaces the Musketman. Cost: 150 production. Combat: 24. Movement: 2. +20% Combat Strength near enemy cities that follow Ethiopian religion.
UB: Stele.

While that is 100% true, several of those inventions were made in what would be the Renaissance era in civ. It makes as much sense as giving Poland free Social Policies per era.

Except IIRC it actually makes sense for the Polish. Disregard external control over Poland, they have been surprisingly progressive internally. It's an interesting implementation that's not bad game-wise nor historically-wise.

Not for caisimir III, though.

Ethiopia
Leader:
Zera Yacob
UA: Zeal: Each City with a Inquisitor increases Combat Strength of City by 25% and Local City Happiness by 2. Missionaries 50% stronger.
UU: Oromo-warrior - replaces the Musketman. Cost: 150 production. Combat: 24. Movement: 2. +20% Combat Strength near enemy cities that follow Ethiopian religion.
UB: Stele.

I'm going to do Zara Yaqob in the future, actually! http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=542777

Not for caisimir III, though.

Nor is City of Light for Napoleon, Carnaval for Pedro II, Manifest Destiny for Washington, Furor Teutonicus for Bismarck, Spice Islanders for Gajah Mada...

Neither of those uniques feels like they were from Zara Yaqob's times though

I hope you aren't talking about my design. I spent many intense hours on research when I designed the Ethiopia split.

Nor is City of Light for Napoleon, Carnaval for Pedro II, Manifest Destiny for Washington, Furor Teutonicus for Bismarck, Spice Islanders for Gajah Mada...

Strangely enough they chose to give Ashurbanipal a surprisingly fitting UA. Shame they chose him, though - so many great Assyrian leaders...

I am trying to say that I want an Assyria split, damnit!

Spice islanders could fit Gajah Made...
And hey, that's why I use JFD's alternate leaders and WWII packs.

nor is Sun Never Sets for Elizabeth, Hellenic League for Alexander, Wayfinding for Goku, Nobel Prize for Gustavus...

this is fun :D

... Goku?

I hope you aren't talking about my design. I spent many intense hours on research when I designed the Ethiopia split.

I, uh, meant the one you quoted. Stele's are kinda way earlier than the reign of Zara Yaqob and he lived before the widespread advent of Gunpowder.

It's also kinda weird because the Oromo were more known for their cavalry than their infantry, gunpowder or not... but that's more debatable.

Songhai Split

Empire of Ghana
Leader: Kaya Magan Cissé
UA: Soninke Traditions
:trade: International trade routes to and from the :c5capital: Capital generate an additional +2 :c5gold: gold for every city following your pantheon belief in the empire. May purchase :c5gold: gold buildings and caravans with :c5faith: faith in cities following your pantheon.

UB: Mande Warrior (Replaces Warrior)
The Mande Warrior, unlike the warrior it replaces, generates triple :c5gold: gold from barbarian encampments and generates +1 :c5faith: faith in the capital for every adjacent barbarian unit.

UU: Camel Pen (Replaces Caravansary)
The Camel Pen, unlike the Caravansary it replaces, generates an additional +1 :c5gold: gold on ivory, gold and salt resources. For every desert tile worked in a city with a Camel Pen, receive +5% :trade: trade route range up to a maximum of +50%.

Mali Empire
Leader: Mansa Musa
UA: Kings of Gold and Salt
Whenever you construct a mine anywhere in the empire, receive :c5greatperson: Great Merchant points and :c5faith: Faith equal to the number of worked mines anywhere else in the empire. Whenever a :c5greatperson: Great Merchant is born, mines in the capital yield +3 :c5gold: gold and +2 :c5faith: faith for ten turns.

UU: Treasure Caravan (Replaces Great Merchant)
The Treasure Caravan, unlike the Great Merchant it replaces, is slightly faster at +3 movement and generates 10 :c5gold: gold whenever it ends its turn on a caravan, doubled on desert tiles. When outside friendly territory, the amount of gold generated increases by +1 for every two tiles the Treasure Caravan is from the :c5capital: Capital. Furthermore, the Treasure Caravan may conduct trade missions inside the territory of another civilisation, rather than city states, which grant double :c5gold: gold and a significant amount of :c5greatperson: Great Merchant points in the :c5capital: Capital.

UB: Mandekalu Cavalry (Replaces Knight)
The Mandekalu Cavalry is slightly weaker than the knight it replaces, but receives the unique promotion 'River Warlord' which allow it to cross rivers without incurring the extra movement point cost and granting a +50% attack bonus when attacking over a river.

Songhai Kingdom
Leader: Muhammad Askia
UA: Timbuktu and Back Again
:trade: International trade routes to the :c5capital: Capital yield +1 :c5culture: culture for every monument in the empire, +1 :c5faith: faith for every temple, and +1 :c5science: science for every library. :trade: International trade routes to Songhai cities yield an additional +1 :c5gold: gold for the route owner and the recipient for every city :c5trade: connected to the :c5capital: Capital.

UU: Mud Pyramid Mosque (Replaces Temple)
The Mud Pyramid Mosque, unlike the temple it replaces, requires no upkeep cost and is much cheaper to build. Furthermore, the mud pyramid mosque yields +1 :c5culture: culture for every 3 followers of your religion in this city.

UB: Cattle Line (Replaces longswordman)
The Cattle Line is significantly weaker than the longswordman it replaces on attack, at only 11 combat strength but is much cheaper to build. However, whenever the cattle line attacks an enemy unit, it has a chance to force that enemy to retreat. Furthermore, enemy units adjacent to a cattle line receive -25% defensive strength and may not receive terrain defensive bonuses.

Top Bottom