MPMPM - Multiplayer Mod DLC-hack (Updated!)

Just wanted to ask if the Anime modpack is being updated now, because the download site says it is not there anymore.

Just wanted to ask if the Anime modpack is being updated now, because the download site says it is not there anymore.

The site keeps [censored] taking it down for copyright reasons, so I need to remake it (might as well have a fresh version) upload it to a different site and change the link.

Hmm, in that case you may want to just explicitly check the table for a pre-existing entry before allowing it to insert. i.e.

Code:
if Game.Stats.Buildings[objectID] == nil then
    table.insert(Game.Stats.Buildings[objectID], stat)
end

It do prevent the bug with the tech tree but it also disable the Tooltip, i think it is because it is always false. For the moment i decided to place a check on GameInfo at the start of the functions GetDefaultBuildingStatText and GetDefaultPromotionsStatText now each time we have more than one loading screen it should just disable the tooltips (with them working fine if you just launch or load one game).

Me and my friend have some problems with Kesler's JFD Civs Pack.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13857702&postcount=454

We are both getting the same errors when we are trying to exstract the MP_JFD_MODSPACK folder into our DLC folder.

error 0x80010135 path too long

edited_aim_idle_offset_continue_true_graph.dge
edited_aim_ms_civilian_enter_bombard_defend.dge
edited_aim_ms_idle_offset_continue_true_graph.dge
edited_fx_triggers_antiair_vehicle_1gun.ftsxml
edited_fx_triggers_antiair_vehicle_2gun.ftsxml
edited_fx_triggers_antiair_vehicle_3gun.ftsxml
edited_fx_triggers_antiair_vehicle_4gun.ftsxml
edited_fx_triggers_fighter_2Propellers.ftsxml
Chariot_Celtic_MD_DieA.gr2
Chariot_Celtic_MD_Fidget.gr2
Chariot_Celtic_MD_FortifyA.gr2
Chariot_Celtic_MD_HurtA.gr2
Chariot_Celtic_MD_Idle.gr2
Chariot_Celtic_MD_StrikeA.gr2
Chariot_Chinese_MD_DieA.gr2
Chariot_Chinese_MD_Fidget.gr2
Chariot_Chinese_MD_HurtA.gr2
Chariot_Chinese_MD_Idle.gr2
Chariot_Chinese_MD_Run.gr2
Chariot_ Chinese_MD_StrikeA.gr2
chariot_md_fortifya_idle.gr2
egyptianwarchariot_md_diea.gr2
egyptianwarchariot_md_idle.gr2
egyptianwarchariot_md_run.gr2

Me and my friend have some problems with Kesler's JFD Civs Pack.

We are both getting the same errors when we are trying to exstract the MP_JFD_MODSPACK folder into our DLC folder.

edited_aim_idle_offset_continue_true_graph.dge
edited_aim_ms_civilian_enter_bombard_defend.dge
edited_aim_ms_idle_offset_continue_true_graph.dge
edited_fx_triggers_antiair_vehicle_1gun.ftsxml
edited_fx_triggers_antiair_vehicle_2gun.ftsxml
edited_fx_triggers_antiair_vehicle_3gun.ftsxml
edited_fx_triggers_antiair_vehicle_4gun.ftsxml
edited_fx_triggers_fighter_2Propellers.ftsxml
Chariot_Celtic_MD_DieA.gr2
Chariot_Celtic_MD_Fidget.gr2
Chariot_Celtic_MD_FortifyA.gr2
Chariot_Celtic_MD_HurtA.gr2
Chariot_Celtic_MD_Idle.gr2
Chariot_Celtic_MD_StrikeA.gr2
Chariot_Chinese_MD_DieA.gr2
Chariot_Chinese_MD_Fidget.gr2
Chariot_Chinese_MD_HurtA.gr2
Chariot_Chinese_MD_Idle.gr2
Chariot_Chinese_MD_Run.gr2
Chariot_ Chinese_MD_StrikeA.gr2
chariot_md_fortifya_idle.gr2
egyptianwarchariot_md_diea.gr2
egyptianwarchariot_md_idle.gr2
egyptianwarchariot_md_run.gr2

try to shorten the modpack name. just unname it in "m" oder simular and try it again. Maybe this will help.
If this does not work, you have to shorten the listet files too.. but this could cause problems with the modpack itself, so the author should shorten the names or use less directories and make it work.

try to shorten the modpack name. just unname it in "m" oder simular and try it again. Maybe this will help.
If this does not work, you have to shorten the listet files too.. but this could cause problems with the modpack itself, so the author should shorten the names or use less directories and make it work.

Yay I got it to work with this:

1. Open the zip folder MODSPACK.
2. Copy the folder MP_JFD_MODSPACK to desktop.
3. Go into MP_JFD_MODSPACK -> Mods and rename the folder: JFD's The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (v 5
I renamed it to ABC.
4. Copy the entire MP_JFD_MODSPACK folder from desktop into the Civ 5 DLC folder.

It now do not come up with errors :D

5. Rename the ABC folder back to: JFD's The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (v 5.

PLAY !

I was happy too fast. The mudpack does not seem to work sadly.

We were 7 players all with the pack installed under DLC and we all got graphic error.

I was happy too fast. The mudpack does not seem to work sadly.

We were 7 players all with the pack installed under DLC and we all got graphic error.

I would actually try leaving the folder name as just ABC, and seeing if that helps.

Datherion, same problem here :(

Renaming that folder to ABC doesn't work

Edit: Removing cityview.lua in \MP_JFD_MODSPACK\UI\ did the trick.

Although it now hangs in the leaderscreen at the first meet, although 'escape' works there.

Edit:
Made my own modpack now, I didn't know it was *that* easy!

Datherion, same problem here :(

Renaming that folder to ABC doesn't work

Edit: Removing cityview.lua in \MP_JFD_MODSPACK\UI\ did the trick.

Although it now hangs in the leaderscreen at the first meet, although 'escape' works there.

Edit:
Made my own modpack now, I didn't know it was *that* easy!
if cityview.lua causes a problem, it is because the author created the modpack with another cityview active, than you normally use.
Maybe one of you (you or the author) had EUI mod active? It has a different cityview.lua.

Also a InGame and a LeaderHeadRoot lua is in the Modpack UI folder, that could be from other things active while creating the modpack.

So I think Kesler should fix those issues ;) I will PM him.

@Franckcrack:
what are you trying to do? Create own modpack or start an exisiting? If creating, which mods you have active?

So sorry guys, I haven't been checking up on this thread :p Yes, the problem probably is because I did have EUI added in when creating the modpacks. I apologies for occupying all your time. Rest assured, this system does work, I just need to fix it myself.

I will start making a new file tonight, without EUI. Remove your current JFD modpack, and replace it with the upcoming one.

Thanks for the heads up Serp. Out of curiosity, why did you suggest shortening the mod names?

if cityview.lua causes a problem, it is because the author created the modpack with another cityview active, than you normally use.
Maybe one of you (you or the author) had EUI mod active? It has a different cityview.lua.

Also a InGame and a LeaderHeadRoot lua is in the Modpack UI folder, that could be from other things active while creating the modpack.

So I think Kesler should fix those issues ;) I will PM him.

@Franckcrack:
what are you trying to do? Create own modpack or start an exisiting? If creating, which mods you have active?

Sorry for lack of explanation, it was a quick post. I am using an existing modpack the "CivAddiction’s Multiplayer Modpack – CP+CSD+C4DF+Serp’s+And More!" but I also tried the "Serp's Multiplayer Improved Experience pack" and did the same thing.

So sorry guys, I haven't been checking up on this thread :p Yes, the problem probably is because I did have EUI added in when creating the modpacks. I apologies for occupying all your time. Rest assured, this system does work, I just need to fix it myself.

I will start making a new file tonight, without EUI. Remove your current JFD modpack, and replace it with the upcoming one.

Thanks for the heads up Serp. Out of curiosity, why did you suggest shortening the mod names?
Maybe you can make a EUI compatible version (with EUI active) and a version without EUI ;)

I suggested to shorten the names, because auf the post from Datherion:
Windows has problems to deal with too long paths. That's why a long name like:
"JFD's The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (v 5)" is never a good idea.

Sorry for lack of explanation, it was a quick post. I am using an existing modpack the "CivAddiction’s Multiplayer Modpack – CP+CSD+C4DF+Serp’s+And More!" but I also tried the "Serp's Multiplayer Improved Experience pack" and did the same thing.

Okay, if it also happens with my modpack, we should try to solve this first (less mods, so problem could be easier to find).

So the game crashes after choosing map+civ+settings and clicking "start game", right?
Is it a quick crash to desktop without any message? E.g if some files are missing, you will get an error message about that. You will be stucked in the loading screen until you clicked "ok" at that message.

So try to start my modpack again (delete all other modpacks and other custom content from the DLC folder) and start a normal singleplayer game (without the mod menu).
If the problem accures, post also the logs xml.log, lua.log and database.log.
(Enabling logging)

Okay, the new link should be up when I get back from work. The new version will contain:

i) Nothing linked to EUI
ii) Shortened file names

Serp, it would be great if you could download and see if it functions once I do set up the link, just to make sure it works completely.

EDIT: Update is up, check the new link on the first post.

Okay, if it also happens with my modpack, we should try to solve this first (less mods, so problem could be easier to find).

So the game crashes after choosing map+civ+settings and clicking "start game", right?
Is it a quick crash to desktop without any message? E.g if some files are missing, you will get an error message about that. You will be stucked in the loading screen until you clicked "ok" at that message.

No, it crashes after the intro, in the loading screen before the main menu, it's a simple CTD with the "Civilization has stopped working".
I find it weird that the logging seems messed up, maybe because I can't ever start a game.

Database: http://pastebin.com/y5pRPmz5
Lua: http://pastebin.com/EA3vGpjh
Xml: http://pastebin.com/E5E4BRCi

It even says on the Log that it is skipping the database verification. But I've checked again and I followed the instructions on logging...

Is it possible make 3rd and 4th unique component and info addict in to a mod pack?

So I finally reuploaded the anime pack. We'll see if this works any better in the long-run:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_QtChYZXeeDSWU1M01oS0MwMU0/view?usp=sharing

It contains:

Civ Names by Polices
Cthulhu
Miku
Hidamari
Illyasviel von Einzbern
Lyrical Nanoha
Madoka Civ Pack (Rebellion...Not Wish for the World)+Ultra Soundtrack
Railgun
Recettear Civ
Spice and wolf +Soundtrack

Touhou:
Eientei
Evil Spirits
Forest of Magic
Great Fairy Alliance
Human Village
Oni Clans
Palace of Earth Spirits
Probability Space hypervessel
Remilia Scarlet
Touhou Civlizations Pack
Aya

I've been trying to make a modpack, mostly adding civs. Although sometimes the game crashes when exiting the game or exiting to main menu.
In-game it is stable as far as I've tested. Logging is turned on.
Is there any way to find out what is causing this? I'm checking database.log, but I don't know what to look at.

Edit:
So I've been able to fix the CTD issue when re-loading or exiting to desktop. [...]
What was the cause?

Top Bottom