Protestant Spain, always. Is this a bug?

So, since recently, for some reason in my recent games when the Protestant Reformation happens, England stays Catholic and Spain becomes Protestant. The Spain thing is supposed to be very unlikely to happen, but it has happened in every one of my recent games. Besides, ever since I have played RFC DoC, it is not uncommon for Poland, Portugal, and Italy to be Protestant as well, even if the Complete List of Features says that the more they historically accepted the Reformation, the more likely they are to convert. The only things that still make sense in my games are that Scandinavia always becomes Protestant and that France and Holy Rome have a 50/50 chance of becoming Protestant.

I'm an SVN player, just in case.

Hmm, I remember Spain was supposed to have a ~95% chance to stay Catholic, though in my last game Spain, France and Holy Rome converted to Protestantism.

Oh, and here's the code in religions.py:
Code:
		     #eg  in  ch  ba  gr  pe  ph  ro  ta  ja  et  ko  ma  by  vi  ar  ti  kh  in  mo  sp  fr  en  hr  ru  ne  ma  po  po  in  it  mo  az  mu  tu  th  co  ge  am
lReformationMatrix = [80, 50, 50, 50, 80, 50, 50, 95, 50, 50, 80, 50, 50, 90, 20, 80, 50, 50, 50, 50, 95, 75, 30, 55, 80, 10, 50, 80, 95, 50, 90, 50, 50, 50, 50, 50, 80, 25, 20]

I just want to say randomness is not reliable at all.

Edit: Come to think about it, I think the weirdness people have experienced came from the additional civilizations and un-updated parameters. Harappa and Polynesia may have screwed the chance for Spain.

And why is India second? This line of code must be very old.

Yeah that's exactly it. That part of the code is easy to forget when adding new civs. I'll fix it as soon as I can get to it.

Yeah that's exactly it. That part of the code is easy to forget when adding new civs. I'll fix it as soon as I can get to it.

Please don't forget to update the guide "how to add a civ to DoC" as well. ;)

Yeah, I think I'll rewrite it so that adding a new civ cannot mess up the old ones anymore. But a reminder to set a probability is probably still a good idea.

Please comment in the respective thread in that case.

Top Bottom