Rise of Civilization

So I know I posted a lengthy city list earlier but I felt like I should provide a list that's closer to the way Navajo is actually pronounced/written.

Navajo rendering problems are actually similar to Polish, and I went with the way that Civ5 does, which does away with nasal vowels (Częstochowa, Tsinaabąąs), the barred-L (Białystok, Tsé Łání), and accented consonants (Gdańsk, Ńdeeshgizh). I assume these are still unsupported characters.

What I did do was take the list above and put back the long vowels, accent marks (technically a high-tone marker), and apostrophes used to mark certain consonants. I'd say that it's as close as we can get without running into text rendering issues.

Spoiler :

1) Tségháhoodzání
2) Naatʼáanii Nééz
3) Ch'ínílí
4) Tó Naneesdizí
5) Tó Dínéeshzhee'
6) Tséhootsooí
7) T'iists'óóz Ndeeshgizh
8) Ts'íhootso
9) Kinlitsosinil
10) Tó Nehelííh
11) Lók'aahnteel
12) Bááh Díílid
13) Be'ek'id Baa Ahoodzání
14) Dá'ák'eh Halání
15) Hanáádlí
16) Tsééhílí
17) Lók'aa'ch'égai
18) Tsénáhádzoh
19) Ooljéé'tó
20) Tsézhin Dilkooh
21) T'iistoh
22) Sháá'tóhí
23) K'ai'bii'tó
24) T'áá Bíích'íidii
25) Be'ek'id Halchíí'
26) Tsinaabaas Habitiin
27) Tsé'alnáozt'i'í
28) Lichíi'ii
29) Nahat'á Dziil
30) Kin Lichíí'
31) Tsiizizii
32) Deinihootso
33) Nahashch'idí
34) Tó Hajiilneehé
35) Chéch'iltah
36) Tsé Nikání
37) Tsé Lání
38) Tó Haach'i'
39) Názlíní
40) Díwózhii Bii' Tó
41) Na'ní'á Hasání
42) Naakaii Bito'
43) Tóyéé'
44) T'iis Názbas
45) Tsé Lichíí' Dahazkání
46) Tsiilchin Bii' Tó
47) Jádító
48) Tl'ohchiní
49) Tsé Nitsaa Deez'áhí
50) Ni'iijíhí

On this day a long time ago on a continent far far away (From Alabama) a group of warriors snuck inside a great city hidden in a wooden horse. To day that city is a playable civilization.

Troy released

Screenshots coming soon

Credits
Leaderscreen, Leader Icon, Map, and DOM from ambrox62's greek epic
UU, Battle Galley for all Civs
Peace theme 3200 years ago from Troy
War theme Troy: The Trojans Attack
all other non mentioned assets and code to their respective owners.

If the UA seems OP, keep in mind its highly situational nature.

KW - I can't find the download for Troy, what's their status?

Oh lord, I'm an idiot.

That's ok, Troy will be getting n overhaul, I'm not sure the UA is a good balance choice. Here's what I had in mind:

UA: Units trained in coastal cities spawn Great Generals 50% faster
UU: Allied Warship (Great Admiral) - Grants bonus to nearby land units as well
UB: Wall of Troy (Walls) - Same

Quebec YNAEMP support "done", copy this to somewhere in your mod support SQL and you're set. BTW, seeing the code make me realize your mod actually support several mods. :)

Code:
--==========================================================================================================================
-- GEDEMON's YNAEMP (+JFD's v23)
--==========================================================================================================================
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Civilizations_YagemStartPosition(Type, X, Y, AltX, AltY);
INSERT INTO Civilizations_YagemStartPosition
		(Type,							X,		Y)
VALUES	('CIVILIZATION_ROC_QUEBEC',		154,		71);

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Civilizations_AmericasStartPosition(Type, X, Y, AltX, AltY);
INSERT INTO Civilizations_AmericasStartPosition
		(Type,							X,		Y)
VALUES	('CIVILIZATION_ROC_QUEBEC',		47,		58);

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Civilizations_NorthAtlanticStartPosition(Type, X, Y, AltX, AltY);
INSERT INTO Civilizations_NorthAtlanticStartPosition
		(Type,							X,		Y)
VALUES	('CIVILIZATION_ROC_QUEBEC',		19,		45);

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Civilizations_YahemStartPosition(Type, X, Y, AltX, AltY);
INSERT INTO Civilizations_YahemStartPosition
		(Type,							X,		Y)
VALUES	('CIVILIZATION_ROC_QUEBEC',		31,		59);

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Civilizations_CordiformStartPosition(Type, X, Y, AltX, AltY);
INSERT INTO Civilizations_CordiformStartPosition
		(Type,							X,		Y)
VALUES	('CIVILIZATION_ROC_QUEBEC',		31,		59);
-------------------------------------
-- Civilizations_YagemRequestedResource (Earth Giant)
-------------------------------------
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Civilizations_YagemRequestedResource(Type, Req1, Yield1, Req2, Yield2, Req3, Yield3, Req4, Yield4);
INSERT INTO Civilizations_YagemRequestedResource
		(Type, 							Req1, Yield1, Req2, Yield2, Req3, Yield3, Req4, Yield4)
SELECT	('CIVILIZATION_ROC_QUEBEC'),	Req1, Yield1, Req2, Yield2, Req3, Yield3, Req4, Yield4
FROM Civilizations_YagemRequestedResource WHERE Type = 'CIVILIZATION_IROQUOIS';

All that's needed now is a map (I'd prefer a pre-reservation map)

So this is sort of complicated, since maps from that era tended to put the names of tribes in the general area where they resided, with no borders between them (and they were often inaccurate anyway, on account of the semi-nomadic lifestyle of many tribes). Civ5 managed to make a map for the Shoshone (I'm not sure how), but I'm going to give a bit of information below. Do with it what you will.

But first, a caveat: The Navajo were by no means in full control (or unified as a single entity) within the entirety of a whole territory. Having arrived in the southwest in the 15th century from the northwest/Canada, the Navajo coexisted with, and periodically raided, the Puebloan peoples who already lived in the region. So any map of Navajo territory would probably end up including a lot of Pueblo territory. Even their current territory surrounds the Hopi Reservation. In fact, the establishment of the Navajo Reservation was (and perhaps still is) a point of contention among the Hopi, who consider the same area to be their own ancestral homeland.

The Navajo consider their ancestral homeland (Dinétah) to be a territory mostly in northwest Arizona and northeast New Mexico. It wasn't until after the Long Walk that the Navajo were allotted land in northwest Arizona (where most of the current territory is). In this sense there is a discrepancy between where the Navajo traditionally resided and where they are today.

Below is the boundaries of what the Navajo consider to be their traditional homeland, bounded by four mountains considered sacred.
Spoiler :

Below is a Wikipedia map of the Apachean tribal areas in the 18th century. It is important to note that the Navajo and Apache were, at the time, both considered "Apache", on account of a shared culture and very similar languages. "Apache" is still a blanket term for politically and culturally distinct peoples, but the Navajo are now treated as a separate entity. Another point here is that the Navajo territory here (and remember, it may be inaccurate) does not include the large swathe of northern Arizona that the current Navajo Nation occupies; at the time this was considered Hopi territory. To include this in a Civ map of Navajo territory would be offensive to the Hopi; to exclude it would be offensive to the Navajo. This presents a serious dilemma that I simply don't have a good answer to.
Spoiler :

That's a pretty close map to what I have, so I think it's legit to work with that one as the base.

Another point here is that the Navajo territory here (and remember, it may be inaccurate) does not include the large swathe of northern Arizona that the current Navajo Nation occupies; at the time this was considered Hopi territory. To include this in a Civ map of Navajo territory would be offensive to the Hopi; to exclude it would be offensive to the Navajo. This presents a serious dilemma that I simply don't have a good answer to.

I would exclude it since most maps in Civ 5 show the territory of the civ at a specific date (or date range) in the past, not as they are today. Look at the map of America: it only includes the territory of the thirteen colonies, not the current day borders.

Whew. Sorry for not responding sooner, I recently got a new computer and had to redownload ALL of my mods. Not fun.

Navajo Progress

Geothuck? has kindly provided a map for use. So as soon as I add TSL coordinates, enjoy playing with suped up spies. After that I'll either work on The Powhatan or the Mississippians. with a quick Quebec update thrown in there.

Well I apologize for the double post, but I think this will more than make up for it.

The Navajo Released

Credits:

Leaderscreen: King William I
Icons: King William I
Code: King William I
Unit Graphics: Patum333
Peace Theme: Dream of the Navajo - Firaxis
War Theme: War Song - Navajo
Map: Gatoutak
City List: Aditsai

But Wait there's more!

The Powhatan Released!

Komakah Stats

Level 1
15% Defense
+1 Food if next to a river
+1 Gold if next to a city

Level 2
25% Defense
+2 Food if next to a river
+2 Gold if next to a city

Level 3
50% Defense
+3 Food if next to a river
+3 Gold if next to a city

IMPORTANT! IF YOU DO NOT USE THE ENLIGHTENMENT ERA, DELETE THE EE UPDATE FILE IN THE CODE FOLDER!

I'd like to apologize for the number of Pocahontas references in this civ. I honestly couldn't help myself.

Credits
Code, Map, and Leaderscreen: King William I
Icons: King William I
Unit Graphics: Iroquois Archer by Patum333
Peace Theme: Colors of the Wind Violin Arrangement
War Theme: The Powhatan Attack from Empire Total War Soundtrack
Improvement: Native American Encampment 1. By DJSHenninger

Now I'm getting back to the Mississippians Enjoy!

Thanks for the two Civilizations!

How long do you have to work a Komakah to have increased yields?

Thank you for these releases!

The Komakah takes 40 turns to upgrade.

And now for our regularly scheduled programming

Mod Support:

Cities in Development
Mercenaries
Historical Religions
Cultural Diversity
Piety

ISSUES

The War Priest model uses Scout animations, rather than Great Prophet ones.
The UA wont take effect until the turn AFTER entering a new era

Credits:

Leaderscreen: Darkmetalscorpian
Icons: Darkmetalscorpian
Code: Darkmetalscorpian
Map: Darkmetalscorpian
Mound Builder Lua: Enginseer
Great Prophet Replacer Lua: Whoever first came up with it.
Unit Graphics: Patum333's Iroquois Scout
Peace Theme: Hills - Neverwinter Nights 2 Storm of Zehir Soundtrack
War Theme: Forest Combat - Neverwinter Nights 2 Storm of Zehir Soundtrack

Next up, that Steam only civ, and then a Simlish and Neverwinter update

Just saying but TPang had icons for the Navajo and Cahokia (which could be used for Mississippi). I think they're pretty nice and don't know if anyone has already used them, so you could ask if you're interested.

11 days off schedule but here nonetheless

Credits
Code, Map, Icon Art, and Leaderscreen: King William I/Darkmetalscorpian
Unit Graphics: WWI Field Medic by Snafusmith (Recolored by King William I/Darkmetalscorpian)
Peace Theme: Take the A Train by Duke Ellington
War Theme: Sing Sing with a Swing by Benny Goodman
Improvement: Industiral Factory 1. By asioasioasio, Converted by DJSHenninger

That's Vargas' body? :eek:

Also, it's odd to see a Maffia civ not led by Al Capone really...

I installed and enabled your Mafia civilization but I can't get it to show up in my list of civilizations. :/

Top Bottom