MPMPM - Multiplayer Mod DLC-hack (Updated!)

Crashes on map generation unfortunately are very common with the CP.
It usually only happens with the second or third map you try to create without restarting the game.

It usually only happens with the second or third map you try to create without restarting the game.

Ahh, so it's map generation. I figured it was more related to unloading information from an old mod but that makes more sense. I'm not so sure that's the issue that was causing my earlier crashes however- they seem to have been dealt with.

Only issue I have now is Firetuner crashes when I return to main menu or exit a game- which as far as I'm concerned is fine. I managed to pack 90 Civs with CBP and Info Addict. I'm happy.

Do i need to recreate (CreateMP()) the folder if I wanna remove one mod from my pack or can I just delete the folder? also I think we need a list with all known working/nonworking mods

You need to recreate CreateMP() yeah. It's awkward like that. It's sort of difficult to make a working/nonworking list, because you have that distinction between works out of the box/works with much fiddling/worked once for this one specific guy who never appeared again. Plus, there's interactions between EUI, CBP, etc. to worry about. That being said, I can finally link a working CBP MP, namely Lynnes's thread...

Ahh, so it's map generation. I figured it was more related to unloading information from an old mod but that makes more sense. I'm not so sure that's the issue that was causing my earlier crashes however- they seem to have been dealt with.

Only issue I have now is Firetuner crashes when I return to main menu or exit a game- which as far as I'm concerned is fine. I managed to pack 90 Civs with CBP and Info Addict. I'm happy.

Well I'm glad you figured it out! Without any xml or database log error, it would have been painful trial and error, because otherwise don't have any good insight into game load.

Now if only a tool existed to directly edit the mod order, I'd be completely happy. It seems the same set of mods can work fine or cause a crash depending on when I add them to the mod folder.

I'm running into an odd problem. I'm trying to create a multiplayer mod pack, and im running into a ton of issues. I think most of these issues revolve around the fact that MPCreate() seems to be skipping folders all together during whatever process it uses to copy mods from documents\civ 5\MODS to assets\dlc\MP_MODSPACK\mods.

I ran winmerge against the two directories after running MPCreate() and at least 7 or 8 mod folders were missing all together in the destination directory. Do you know why this would be happening?

I'm running into an odd problem. I'm trying to create a multiplayer mod pack, and im running into a ton of issues. I think most of these issues revolve around the fact that MPCreate() seems to be skipping folders all together during whatever process it uses to copy mods from documents\civ 5\MODS to assets\dlc\MP_MODSPACK\mods.

I ran winmerge against the two directories after running MPCreate() and at least 7 or 8 mod folders were missing all together in the destination directory. Do you know why this would be happening?

I've had similar issues wth the CreateMP() function, turns out you have to run Firetuner as admin in my win8.1 pc

You need to recreate CreateMP() yeah. It's awkward like that. It's sort of difficult to make a working/nonworking list, because you have that distinction between works out of the box/works with much fiddling/worked once for this one specific guy who never appeared again. Plus, there's interactions between EUI, CBP, etc. to worry about. That being said, I can finally link a working CBP MP, namely Lynnes's thread...

thanks and for the mod list I don't think it would that difficult with a centralized thread and a google sheet

I've had similar issues wth the CreateMP() function, turns out you have to run Firetuner as admin in my win8.1 pc

Unfortunately that was the first thing I tried. I ran the entire steam launcher as an admin. This did not work. Another funny thing to mention is, not only is it not moving all the mod folders, its shortening or altering the names of others. It's really weird. It will remove like (v1.2) from the end, or add a space, or sometimes shorten the entire name.

For example, it changed "Global - Passable Forts at Coast (v 3)" to Global - Passable Forts".

Really weird and its really starting to frustrate me.

So, just an update. Amazingly I was able to fix the problem using Winmerge and simply copy all the folders from the source mods folder to the destination mods folder. I simply ignored all the oddly renamed files in the destination directory.

The result is a mods folder in the assets directory that has more folders than the original mods directory, but I played a quick multiplayer game with some AI's to 60 turns without issue.

I honestly thought the problem would be more complicated to fix lol.

Yeah, I noticed this, actually, while I was trying to figure out why some mods were creating an issue where the culture manager was broken. Half the time, after unloading mods, the game would crash after a try or two.

@Cicero: Yeah, you were right, I couldnt find a 'fast' way to combine things. Broke down and just located all the mods individually in the end. (Though apparently Serp has links to some of his tweaked ones)

So, just an update. Amazingly I was able to fix the problem using Winmerge and simply copy all the folders from the source mods folder to the destination mods folder. I simply ignored all the oddly renamed files in the destination directory.

The result is a mods folder in the assets directory that has more folders than the original mods directory, but I played a quick multiplayer game with some AI's to 60 turns without issue.

I honestly thought the problem would be more complicated to fix lol.

Yeah it really looks like I need to spend some time to figure out what is causing these folder copy errors, which really is probably the biggest issue with mpmpm currently. When I have the time...

Hi
I want to play with Smart AI Mod and it contains CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll, but the link to download the required folder is not available this one. So if you have another link I will appreciate. Thanks for the mod it is really nice!

Anybody know which of the compiled packs actually still work?

I really want Bacon's and Alrek's mod packs, but both are wrong (one link is dead and the other is for some anime pack)

Hi
I want to play with Smart AI Mod and it contains CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll, but the link to download the required folder is not available this one. So if you have another link I will appreciate. Thanks for the mod it is really nice!

Instead of the original Smart AI, I recommend using the Various Mod Components-DLL by whoward69 + the Smart AI-minimod.
You can find both on his site here.

Everything else might not be up to date anymore.

Drack, I share Lynnes's recommendation.

Anybody know which of the compiled packs actually still work?

I really want Bacon's and Alrek's mod packs, but both are wrong (one link is dead and the other is for some anime pack)

I will update the list of packs to at least cross out what I know is dead, since I've been pretty delinquent on that. I can't promise the rest are still active without testing them.

Unfortunately, file-sharing sites have a habit of taking these down for "copyright violations", and I'm starting to suspect there's bots triggering on the civ 5 assets in the files. I, for one, lost an entire account to "Repeated copyright violations" for mpmpm folders and nothing else.

Also, heh that's funny. Alrek's mod pack was taken down at some point, but it seems to point now to a modpack someone else made. I don't have a copy of either one's on hand, though you can try PMing them?

Well, because of the general lack of packs, as well as my own impatience, I tried to recreate a mix of Alrek's and Bacon's pack. The mods included are:

Spoiler :
(BNW) Leugi's Barbarian Inmersion Enhancements (v 1)
Ayyubid Civilization (v 2)
Barbarians - Unlimited Exp (v 2)
Civ IV Diplomatic Features (v 10)
Civ Names by Policies (v 8)
Corporations (v 4)
Cultural Diffusion (v 18)
Emigration (v 5)
Enhanced Information Era (v 2)
Extra Victory Conditions (v 1)
Gibraltar and Reef Optimizations (v 101)
Great Heroes (v 1)
Greatest Cities (v 11)
Helicopters Can Fly Over Water (v 3)
Industrial Building Pack (v 2)
InfoAddict (v 22)
JFD's The Anglo-Saxons (v 1)
JFD's The Archduchy of Austria (Joseph II) (v 1)
JFD's The Commonwealth of Iceland (v 2)
JFD's The Commonwealth of Poland-Lithuania (v 2)
JFD's The Confederation of Switzerland (v 5)
JFD's The County of Flanders (v 1)
JFD's The Dominion of New Zealand (v 1)
JFD's The Duchy of Milan (v 3)
JFD's The Duchy of Normandy (v 1)
JFD's The Electorate of Saxony (v 1)
JFD's The Empire of Byzantium (Alexios I Komnenos) (v 4)
JFD's The Empire of Germany (Hitler) (v 9)
JFD's The Empire of Great Britain (v 4)
JFD's The Empire of Japan (Meiji) (v 1)
JFD's The Empire of Japan (Tojo) (v 3)
JFD's The Empire of Russia (Alexander I) (v 1)
JFD's The Empire of Russia (Nicholas II) (v 3)
JFD's The Empire of Russia (Peter the Great) (v 4)
JFD's The Empire of Sweden (Karl XII) (v 2)
JFD's The Germans (v 2)
JFD's The Grand Duchy of Lithuania (v 1)
JFD's The Grand Principality of Muscow (v 1)
JFD's The Holy Roman Empire (v 2)
JFD's The Khazar Khaganate (v 2)
JFD's The Kingdom of Armenia (v 3)
JFD's The Kingdom of Bavaria (v 2)
JFD's The Kingdom of Belgium (v 1)
JFD's The Kingdom of Bohemia (v 3)
JFD's The Kingdom of Denmark-Norway (v 1)
JFD's The Kingdom of Egypt (Akhenaten) (v 1)
JFD's The Kingdom of Egypt (Djoser) (v 1)
JFD's The Kingdom of Egypt (Hatshepsut) (v 1)
JFD's The Kingdom of England (Henry VIII) (v 1)
JFD's The Kingdom of France (v 4)
JFD's The Kingdom of Francia (v 6)
JFD's The Kingdom of Hungary (v 8)
JFD's The Kingdom of Italy (v 3)
JFD's The Kingdom of Norway (v 6)
JFD's The Kingdom of Prussia (v 16)
JFD's The Kingdom of Sardinia-Piedmont (v 2)
JFD's The Kingdom of Scotland (v 2)
JFD's The Kingdom of the Vandals (v 6)
JFD's The Kingdom of Two Sicilies (v 1)
JFD's The Merchant Republic of Novgorod (v 2)
JFD's The Nri Kingdom (v 1)
JFD's The Papal States (v 10)
JFD's The Republic of Carthage (v 4)
JFD's The Republic of France (v 1)
JFD's The Republic of Poland (v 1)
JFD's The Russian Federation (v 1)
JFD's The Soviet Union (Lenin) (v 3)
JFD's The Soviet Union (Stalin) (v 13)
JFD's The Turks (Mehmed II) (v 2)
JFD's The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (v 5)
JFD's The United Kingdoms of Sweden-Norway (v 1)
JFD's The United States of America (Lincoln) (v 2)
JFD's The United States of America (Roosevelt) (v 4)
Justice and Government Buildings Mod (v 2)
Krakatoa Fix (v 100)
Like Moses (v 3)
Medieval and Renaissance Building Pack (v 1)
New Beliefs Pack (v 7)
Oman Civilization (v 1)
Resolution - International Monetary Fund (v 1)
Sumer (BNW or GK) (v 66)
Throne Room (v 3)
Trading Posts Grow into Towns (v 5)
Unique Cultural Influence (v 4)
Unique Policy Buildings (v 4)
[BNW] Colonialist Legacies - Vietnam ft. Trung Sisters (v 1)
[BNW] LS Civilization Set II (v 27)
Number of mods: 87

When the pack was produced there were no errors in console and my database.log looked fine as well

However, I have yet to test this in multiplayer and only for a few minutes in singleplayer, so if anyone would like to help test this pack, it would be more than appreciated

The only issue with the pack is that it CTD's when you exit to menu or windows

Download Here

Disclaimer I own nothing which I am posting, all content goes to their respective owners, this includes mod creators, editors, etc, as well as all Firaxis and Civ5 trademark owners blah blah blah I own nothing pls no sue

Edit: I was also wondering if scenarios worked with this method of making mod packs, and how one should go about playing them?

Well, because of the general lack of packs, as well as my own impatience, I tried to recreate a mix of Alrek's and Bacon's pack. The mods included are:

Spoiler :
(BNW) Leugi's Barbarian Inmersion Enhancements (v 1)
Ayyubid Civilization (v 2)
Barbarians - Unlimited Exp (v 2)
Civ IV Diplomatic Features (v 10)
Civ Names by Policies (v 8)
Corporations (v 4)
Cultural Diffusion (v 18)
Emigration (v 5)
Enhanced Information Era (v 2)
Extra Victory Conditions (v 1)
Gibraltar and Reef Optimizations (v 101)
Great Heroes (v 1)
Greatest Cities (v 11)
Helicopters Can Fly Over Water (v 3)
Industrial Building Pack (v 2)
InfoAddict (v 22)
JFD's The Anglo-Saxons (v 1)
JFD's The Archduchy of Austria (Joseph II) (v 1)
JFD's The Commonwealth of Iceland (v 2)
JFD's The Commonwealth of Poland-Lithuania (v 2)
JFD's The Confederation of Switzerland (v 5)
JFD's The County of Flanders (v 1)
JFD's The Dominion of New Zealand (v 1)
JFD's The Duchy of Milan (v 3)
JFD's The Duchy of Normandy (v 1)
JFD's The Electorate of Saxony (v 1)
JFD's The Empire of Byzantium (Alexios I Komnenos) (v 4)
JFD's The Empire of Germany (Hitler) (v 9)
JFD's The Empire of Great Britain (v 4)
JFD's The Empire of Japan (Meiji) (v 1)
JFD's The Empire of Japan (Tojo) (v 3)
JFD's The Empire of Russia (Alexander I) (v 1)
JFD's The Empire of Russia (Nicholas II) (v 3)
JFD's The Empire of Russia (Peter the Great) (v 4)
JFD's The Empire of Sweden (Karl XII) (v 2)
JFD's The Germans (v 2)
JFD's The Grand Duchy of Lithuania (v 1)
JFD's The Grand Principality of Muscow (v 1)
JFD's The Holy Roman Empire (v 2)
JFD's The Khazar Khaganate (v 2)
JFD's The Kingdom of Armenia (v 3)
JFD's The Kingdom of Bavaria (v 2)
JFD's The Kingdom of Belgium (v 1)
JFD's The Kingdom of Bohemia (v 3)
JFD's The Kingdom of Denmark-Norway (v 1)
JFD's The Kingdom of Egypt (Akhenaten) (v 1)
JFD's The Kingdom of Egypt (Djoser) (v 1)
JFD's The Kingdom of Egypt (Hatshepsut) (v 1)
JFD's The Kingdom of England (Henry VIII) (v 1)
JFD's The Kingdom of France (v 4)
JFD's The Kingdom of Francia (v 6)
JFD's The Kingdom of Hungary (v 8)
JFD's The Kingdom of Italy (v 3)
JFD's The Kingdom of Norway (v 6)
JFD's The Kingdom of Prussia (v 16)
JFD's The Kingdom of Sardinia-Piedmont (v 2)
JFD's The Kingdom of Scotland (v 2)
JFD's The Kingdom of the Vandals (v 6)
JFD's The Kingdom of Two Sicilies (v 1)
JFD's The Merchant Republic of Novgorod (v 2)
JFD's The Nri Kingdom (v 1)
JFD's The Papal States (v 10)
JFD's The Republic of Carthage (v 4)
JFD's The Republic of France (v 1)
JFD's The Republic of Poland (v 1)
JFD's The Russian Federation (v 1)
JFD's The Soviet Union (Lenin) (v 3)
JFD's The Soviet Union (Stalin) (v 13)
JFD's The Turks (Mehmed II) (v 2)
JFD's The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (v 5)
JFD's The United Kingdoms of Sweden-Norway (v 1)
JFD's The United States of America (Lincoln) (v 2)
JFD's The United States of America (Roosevelt) (v 4)
Justice and Government Buildings Mod (v 2)
Krakatoa Fix (v 100)
Like Moses (v 3)
Medieval and Renaissance Building Pack (v 1)
New Beliefs Pack (v 7)
Oman Civilization (v 1)
Resolution - International Monetary Fund (v 1)
Sumer (BNW or GK) (v 66)
Throne Room (v 3)
Trading Posts Grow into Towns (v 5)
Unique Cultural Influence (v 4)
Unique Policy Buildings (v 4)
[BNW] Colonialist Legacies - Vietnam ft. Trung Sisters (v 1)
[BNW] LS Civilization Set II (v 27)
Number of mods: 87

When the pack was produced there were no errors in console and my database.log looked fine as well

However, I have yet to test this in multiplayer and only for a few minutes in singleplayer, so if anyone would like to help test this pack, it would be more than appreciated

The only issue with the pack is that it CTD's when you exit to menu or windows

Download Here

Disclaimer I own nothing which I am posting, all content goes to their respective owners, this includes mod creators, editors, etc, as well as all Firaxis and Civ5 trademark owners blah blah blah I own nothing pls no sue

Edit: I was also wondering if scenarios worked with this method of making mod packs, and how one should go about playing them?

Okay, I put it in OP. (that CTD on exiting to menu or windows is common for a having a lot of mods, for some reason).

As far as I know, scenarios don't work with this kind of modpack, but I've also never looked into it. I'm pretty sure they're in a completely separate folder, though.

CTD on exiting to menu is caused by InfoAddict.
There is a fix/ workaround you can find in the mod's thread.

As far as I am concerned, MPMPM-modpacks are super stable, even with a ton of mods.
I've been using this tool a long time now, and never had a single issue. :)

CTD on exiting to menu is caused by InfoAddict.
There is a fix/ workaround you can find in the mod's thread.

As far as I am concerned, MPMPM-modpacks are super stable, even with a ton of mods.
I've been using this tool a long time now, and never had a single issue. :)

Do you have the fix or a link to where the fix is posted?

Thanks

Top Bottom