251.7 KB · Views: 154
  • spider.jpg
    spider.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 2,152
Now we need flamethrowers.

lots of them.

Spoiler :
looks great :goodjob:

I now have the urge to dust off those futuristic supertanks and power-armored soldiers I made once, and have a bug hunt... :p

Yes! Every time I see a fantasy unit here I get up and do a little jig.:woohoo:

Just a question: Does this have the scaling problem mentioned in other threads? Would be nice to use this model for both a giant spider (single unit) and lots of littler spiders (scaled down).

Great unit, but unfortunately it's not scalable :( Is there an easy way to change the scale by manipulating the files? (without reading the entire tutorial)

Edit: Also, it seems there is a "leap" in the idle animation (i.e. it doesn't loop properly), unless I've done something wrong with implementing it in the game...

Great Nomad! Is there a black widow skin somewhere?

Haven't found one yet, but it looks like the purple one is probably a re-skin of a black widow. Probably hiding around somewhere.... :scared:

In a pinch, I suppose you could easily use Paint.NET or Gimp to do a hue saturation on the purple .dds until it turned red. Voila!

Modify the .gr2 and done :)

Attachments

• Spider_Widow.jpg
    Spider_Widow.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 703
  • Spider_Widow.zip
    179.2 KB · Views: 79
Can you make a spider that is an ice blue color? Bit darker than that though or some blue highlights to bring the light coloring out.

Can you make a spider that is an ice blue color? Bit darker than that though or some blue highlights to bring the light coloring out.

Do you have a comparison in mind? If I have a point of reference it should be pretty easy.

Do you have a comparison in mind? If I have a point of reference it should be pretty easy.

The color of this iceberg would be a good comparison.

This is an Ice Spider from Game of Thrones.

Your spider will work nicely for this. Just one that has ice coloring. You do good work. I like your orcs. Can't wait until you do some elves.

The color of this iceberg would be a good comparison.

Spoiler :

This is an Ice Spider from Game of Thrones.

Your spider will work nicely for this. Just one that has ice coloring. You do good work. I like your orcs. Can't wait until you do some elves.

So, basically you want the goblin spider rider but with a white walker and GoT colored spider, yes?

So, basically you want the goblin spider rider but with a white walker and GoT colored spider, yes?

The blue spider would be cool by itself. I am using an ice golem zombie for the White Walker, until someone has time and wants to create one.

The blue spider would be cool by itself. I am using an ice golem zombie for the White Walker, until someone has time and wants to create one.

Sorry for the delay, here is my attempt:

Files are attached.

Attachments

• Spider_Ice.zip
    174.1 KB · Views: 97
Top Bottom