AND Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Like you expect I got the installer (That dosn´t work). I found the Custom_Civilization_MCP folder. But not the Custom_Leaderhead_MCP folder.

Like you wrote I need that Custom_Leaderhead_MCP and the AND LH Pack. The AND LH Pack has a link on the first screen on this forum, but the link dosn´t seem to be working right now.
---- DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN ----

Is there somewhere I could get those folders I need?

A thought I had about the installer, is that it might work if I don´t have civ through steam. I usally don´t have civ through steam. But i was performing a test for an other modgroup so i reinstalled it on steam. And I am to lazy to install the non-steam version now :p

BR Loffas

You don't need Custom_Leaderhead_MCP to install Custom_Civilizations_MCP. They are two separate modmods and one can work without the other.

I also know nothing about Steam. I used it to briefly play Civ5 before I decided I didn't like it at all and I went back to Civ4. I haven't used it at all since.

You don't need Custom_Leaderhead_MCP to install Custom_Civilizations_MCP. They are two separate modmods and one can work without the other.

I also know nothing about Steam. I used it to briefly play Civ5 before I decided I didn't like it at all and I went back to Civ4. I haven't used it at all since.

Allright. I Didn´t know that the mods worked seperatly, thanks.

----------------- Warning-------Not related to forum topic---------------------------
Well yeah, steam is actually pretty bad. It´s the most commanly used and I for one use it almost every day. But the easy instalation and update system just makes it harder to control for the user. For an experienced PC user, steam is not that good. And if you are to use mods for a game. A game, not installed through steam, is preferable.
And sure, it might be illegal, but I for one own civ IV and Civ V but use cracked versions anyway.
(I know that you don´t "own" a game anymore. Last ten years, if someone reads the fine print, you pay for the privalegie to play a game. Nothing else. Even if you have a hard copy or not)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

45°38'N-13°47'E;14229495 said:
If you're using the non steam version, you have to download the files for MCP from the link provided in the launcher menu. There are two files to download, one with MCP, the other with graphical files. They should both autoinstall, I think you only need to select AND folder. Once installed, you have to activate the mod from the launcher: make sure there's a green check sign next to MCP.
I don't know about the steam version, sorry.

No seems like I have to reinstall the nonsteam game. :(

If you own the original CD/DVD version of Civ IV, the free 3.19 patch removes the disk-check.

@Sogroon: Once you'll have updated the MCP for the new revision, I'll publish a full installer with updated translations.

@Zeta Nexus: Once you'll have updated the MCP for the new revision, I'll publish a full installer with updated translations.

Could you apply the hotfix with it?

There are a couple of ideas I have in mind and want to discuss.

Cultural Groups:

How about dividing MCP's main folder into several folders:
  • Europe (Ancient): Etruscans, Getic, Gots, Huns, etc.
  • Europe (Modern): Austria, Belgium, Czech, Hungary, etc.
  • America (Indians)
  • America (Modern): Canada, Cuba, Argentina, etc.
  • etc
So players could easily set-up their custom scenarios by using only the launcher.

3in1

I'd like to merge MCP, Custom Leaderheads and Alternate Leaderheads into one dowloadable archive keeping the modules separate in the launcher but repacking the graphics into a single PAK file.

Renaming

There are some civs that have long composite names that sounds terrible in the early game, so I'd like to rename them:
  • Holy Roman to Caroling or Frank
  • South African to Afrikaans
  • West Indies to Caribbean or Haitian

Please let me know what you think of those above?

Renaming

There are some civs that have long composite names that sounds terrible in the early game, so I'd like to rename them:

I am also thinking about renaming New Zealand to Maori. The problem is that the leaders aren't Maorian but European in origin. What do you think?

I am also thinking about renaming New Zealand to Maori. The problem is that the leaders aren't Maorian but European in origin. What do you think?
I think those should be different civs.

Could you apply the hotfix with it?

There are a couple of ideas I have in mind and want to discuss.

Cultural Groups:

How about dividing MCP's main folder into several folders:
  • Europe (Ancient): Etruscans, Getic, Gots, Huns, etc.
  • Europe (Modern): Austria, Belgium, Czech, Hungary, etc.
  • America (Indians)
  • America (Modern): Canada, Cuba, Argentina, etc.
  • etc
So players could easily set-up their custom scenarios by using only the launcher.

3in1

I'd like to merge MCP, Custom Leaderheads and Alternate Leaderheads into one dowloadable archive keeping the modules separate in the launcher but repacking the graphics into a single PAK file.

Renaming

I'm ok with Caribbean or Haitian. I have some doubts on South Africa and Holy Roman. The last one especially is the most difficult. Isn't it a default civ? In this case I would leave it as it is. There's been discussion on the subject before and I think we agreed to leave it alone. Especially since while it's true that Charlemagne is OK to be a Frank leader, Charles V is not: isn't he the other leader for Holy Roman Empire?

Charles V is not the default HRE leader, but I do believe he's in AND, yes.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14292136 said:
I'm ok with Caribbean or Haitian. I have some doubts on South Africa and Holy Roman. The last one especially is the most difficult. Isn't it a default civ? In this case I would leave it as it is. There's been discussion on the subject before and I think we agreed to leave it alone. Especially since while it's true that Charlemagne is OK to be a Frank leader, Charles V is not: isn't he the other leader for Holy Roman Empire?

Native Americans are also a default civ, yet they are changed to Sioux.

Holy Roman was a good name in BtS but not in AND. We have Dynamic Names mod.
Just as much as Vokarya likes to get rid of names with "modern", "early" or "advanced", I also hate civ names that sound too artificial, even if those are accurate names.
I think it is a valid approach, even used by Civ4 itself: there was no USA or United States of America civ, just an American civ.
Charles V (French: Charles Quint; German: Karl V.; Spanish: Carlos I; Dutch: Karel V; Italian: Carlo V) [a] (24 February 1500 – 21 September 1558), was a Duke of Burgundy and Holy Roman Emperor. He was ruler of both the Spanish Empire from 1516 and Holy Roman Empire from 1519, as well as of Habsburg Netherlands from 1506, until he voluntarily stepped down from these and other positions by a series of abdications between 1554 and 1556.
I think it would be best to redo this part by moving Charles V to Spain or Netherlands (or be selectable by any of those three) and give the Caroling other leaders (IIRC Custom Leaderheads has some).

But the easy solution is to modify just the name in a separate folder. If someone doesn't like the change he can simply delete the folder and everything is back to normal :)

If you move Charles V to the Spanish civ, you'll have to call him Charles/Carlos I instead. :)

I found out that the game supports leaders for multiple civilizations. Legends of Revolution did it with Charles V (Netherlands/Spain/Holy Roman Empire) and Constantine (Rome/Byzantium). I would like to do this if possible.

View attachment 408438View attachment 408439

If you use Dynamic Names, I think it would be okay to use them when that component is active. I would rather keep Holy Rome as the default name when starting up. I think it is good to change Native American to Sioux with the addition of the Iroquois civ. This was not in BTS and so having two civilizations from the "Native American" area means we need to differentiate them better.

Afrikaans would be good. Caribbean would probably be better than Haitian. The West Indies UB is Cricket Ground, which doesn't fit Haiti very well, I think. The leaders are also 2 from Haiti, one from Jamaica, and one from Trinidad and Tobago.

I found out that the game supports leaders for multiple civilizations. Legends of Revolution did it with Charles V (Netherlands/Spain/Holy Roman Empire) and Constantine (Rome/Byzantium). I would like to do this if possible.

That sounds like a clever idea. :)

Do you think it requires dll coding or can you do it on your own?

45°38'N-13°47'E;14292429 said:
Do you think it requires dll coding or can you do it on your own?

I just tried it in a backup copy of AND and it seems to work without DLL coding. That's where I got the screenshots from.

The one thing that I don't know is whether the game can pick the same leader for two different civs. You can set a leader/civ pair to occur twice in a Custom Game, but you can do that in BTS too.

I just tried it in a backup copy of AND and it seems to work without DLL coding. That's where I got the screenshots from.

The one thing that I don't know is whether the game can pick the same leader for two different civs. You can set a leader/civ pair to occur twice in a Custom Game, but you can do that in BTS too.
Uh, never thought about that and I've never tried. But I suppose that since you can do it on purpose when starting a custom game and I've never seen two identical civs in any game I've tried, there's definitely a part of the code preventing the game to pick the same civ twice even with different leaders. Then it could probably pick two different civs and use the same leader if available. I think I could try and put a limit to that but I'm not sure it's worth the effort since Charles of the Holy Roman would be different anyway from Charles of Spain. The leader's name is almost always displayed with its civ's name. What do not think?

45°38'N-13°47'E;14292783 said:
Uh, never thought about that and I've never tried. But I suppose that since you can do it on purpose when starting a custom game and I've never seen two identical civs in any game I've tried, there's definitely a part of the code preventing the game to pick the same civ twice even with different leaders. Then it could probably pick two different civs and use the same leader if available. I think I could try and put a limit to that but I'm not sure it's worth the effort since Charles of the Holy Roman would be different anyway from Charles of Spain. The leader's name is almost always displayed with its civ's name. What do not think?

I agree with you. If duplicate leaders do come up at all, then we can put something in to stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom