Leadership Reformation

Loving the mod! Great features, I like the fact that GGs and GAs are no more a burden that you don't know what to do during peace time. I like how each GG and GA has a different "personality", which changes your approach to them.

Unfortunately, I've got a bug to report. When playing with CPP and latest EUI, this appears in the lua log under top panel and unit panel:
Runtime Error: C:\Users\Edaka\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Leadership Reformation (v 3)\LUA\UnitPanel.lua:441: attempt to index field 'CapitalIcon' (a nil value)
You might want to check that out.

Loving the mod! Great features, I like the fact that GGs and GAs are no more a burden that you don't know what to do during peace time. I like how each GG and GA has a different "personality", which changes your approach to them.

Unfortunately, I've got a bug to report. When playing with CPP and latest EUI, this appears in the lua log under top panel and unit panel:

You might want to check that out.

The new update should hopefully resolve it. Otherwise, delete all UnitPanels.lua if you want to continue playing without the errors.

The new update should hopefully resolve it. Otherwise, delete all UnitPanels.lua if you want to continue playing without the errors.

Thanks, already did that. Will try the new version out when I have time.

Following your recommendation here, I decided to give this a go, sadly it is conflicting with something in my setup.
Asided from the July 7th Vox Populi install I have InfoAddict v22 and FlagPromotion v7 installed.
I'm thinking it is something with FlagPromotions as the error I have is the current selected unit does not show the unitpanel in the bottom left and when a promotion is won the promotion panel also does not show.

The concept seems fantastic so if you could run your eye over those 2 mods to see which it is and then provide a 'fix', that would be nice.

Following your recommendation here, I decided to give this a go, sadly it is conflicting with something in my setup.
Asided from the July 7th Vox Populi install I have InfoAddict v22 and FlagPromotion v7 installed.
I'm thinking it is something with FlagPromotions as the error I have is the current selected unit does not show the unitpanel in the bottom left and when a promotion is won the promotion panel also does not show.

The concept seems fantastic so if you could run your eye over those 2 mods to see which it is and then provide a 'fix', that would be nice.

Mhmm.. perhaps I should make a readme.txt and put it in the mod's description later on.

Mhmm.. perhaps I should make a readme.txt and put it in the mod's description later on.

Doh!

Yeah, I just grabbed a copy from Steam and let it install.

Wow so 4 versions of UnitPanel.lua for CBO with or without EUI and also for vanilla with or without EUI. Seems like you have it all under control.
Why should I imagine otherwise.:)

Any chance of adding an option (via a sql file) to change the behaviour of the spreading to be 1 or 2 (or x) tiles completely around the general? Possibly including the ability for stacked generals to all spread (at the same time)?

Instead of the NW counter-clockwise thing that I keep screwing up.
Love you Enginseer!

Any chance of adding an option (via a sql file) to change the behaviour of the spreading to be 1 or 2 (or x) tiles completely around the general? Possibly including the ability for stacked generals to all spread (at the same time)?

Instead of the NW counter-clockwise thing that I keep screwing up.
Love you Enginseer!

Heh. The NW counter-clockwise is to circumvent the AI's thinking of Great Generals since they usually never stick close to each other. If I allowed all the stacked general to spread at the same time, you would get yourself a super army immediately.

Hello! Any idea what could be causing this error in the lua log file?

Spoiler :

Code:
[1224.500] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Leadership Reformation (v 4)\LUA\GGTraits.lua:140: table index is nil
[1224.500] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Leadership Reformation (v 4)\LUA\GGTraits.lua:140: table index is nil

The line 140 (with context) looks like this (line 140 seperated with line break):

Code:
--for k,v in pairs(GeneralPromotions_GG) do PrintDebug(k,tostring(v)) end
for k,v in pairs(GeneralPromotions_GG) do
    local TempTable = {}
    TempTable = v
    local keyname = k
    --PrintDebug("key " .. keyname .. " has value of " .. tostring(TempTable))
    for Level,Data in pairs(TempTable) do
        --PrintDebug("key " .. Level .. " has value of " .. tostring(Data))

tUnitToGeneralCorrespondances[Data.Combat] = Data.General

tGeneralToUnitCorrespondances[Data.General] = Data.Combat
        table.insert(tCombatUnitMasterPromotionList, Data.Combat)
        if Level == 1 then
            tLevel1GeneralshipPromotions[keyname] = Data.General
        elseif Level == 2 then
            tLevel2GeneralshipPromotions[keyname] = Data.General
        elseif Level == 3 then
            tLevel3GeneralshipPromotions[keyname] = Data.General
        end
    end
end
for k,v in pairs(AdmiralPromot

I don't know anything about coding, so I have no idea what could be causing this. Hopefully it's something that can be fixed, any pointers would be godsent!

Hello! Any idea what could be causing this error in the lua log file?

Spoiler :

Code:

The line 140 (with context) looks like this (line 140 seperated with line break):

Code:
--for k,v in pairs(GeneralPromotions_GG) do PrintDebug(k,tostring(v)) end
for k,v in pairs(GeneralPromotions_GG) do
    local TempTable = {}
    TempTable = v
    local keyname = k
    --PrintDebug("key " .. keyname .. " has value of " .. tostring(TempTable))
    for Level,Data in pairs(TempTable) do
        --PrintDebug("key " .. Level .. " has value of " .. tostring(Data))

tUnitToGeneralCorrespondances[Data.Combat] = Data.General

tGeneralToUnitCorrespondances[Data.General] = Data.Combat
        table.insert(tCombatUnitMasterPromotionList, Data.Combat)
        if Level == 1 then
            tLevel1GeneralshipPromotions[keyname] = Data.General
        elseif Level == 2 then
            tLevel2GeneralshipPromotions[keyname] = Data.General
        elseif Level == 3 then
            tLevel3GeneralshipPromotions[keyname] = Data.General
        end
    end
end
for k,v in pairs(AdmiralPromot

I don't know anything about coding, so I have no idea what could be causing this. Hopefully it's something that can be fixed, any pointers would be godsent!

That's weird, I've never saw that error before. What's your mod list and when/how did this error occur(or can you reproduce it?)

Or what's the problem besides the error?

Last edited:
That's weird, I've never saw that error before. What's your mod list and when/how did this error occur(or can you reproduce it?)

Or what's the problem besides the error?

Yeah, I was just kinda asking the unlikely long shot in case it was something that typically happened or had occured before.

It probably has nothing to do with this mod, I was having quite a bunch of problems earlier, and this one was very probably just a mod conflict from another source as well.

Yeah, I was just kinda asking the unlikely long shot in case it was something that typically happened or had occured before.

It probably has nothing to do with this mod, I was having quite a bunch of problems earlier, and this one was very probably just a mod conflict from another source as well.
Well, it shouldn't conflict as there are barely any mods on Great Generals and Great Admirals...

Well, it shouldn't conflict as there are barely any mods on Great Generals and Great Admirals...

Allright, I got a little worried that I might have neglected this potential bug as a mod conflict too early, and went and tried this mod only with recent VP and some of JFD's gameplay mods on (which seems to be a common setup to base mod compatibility on), and it didn't give that error anymore. My aim is to start building towards that selection of mods I had when the error occured, and fix the errors I find one-by-one, so I'll definitely let you know if it re-appears and maybe it's something that you want to fix to add some extra-compatibility with whatever mod what conflicting with it.

But it had to be a mod conflict, since it's not giving the error anymore. I'll try and see if I can pinpoint the exact mod that was causing this, if you want to see if those two can be made compatible. It might take time for me though, since I'm very new and nooby with all this stuff. Anyway, thanks for the responses, and sorry for the false alarm.

First: Great Mod, love it to play!

Trying this mod my game crashes most of the times after Map start with exactly the same stacktrace @orgrinrt mentioned.
It seems that there are compatible issues with this mod, because after removing the other one no more crahses happens.

Have any ideas if it possible to solve this?

And another question: I want to use All Promotions description tooltip. The author of said mod has structurized his UnitPanel.lua very well (only one block of code in the UpdateUnitPortrait function).
I tried to copy his additions in the position in your UnitPanel.lua version but this has no effect. Can you give me some advise for this?

Last edited by a moderator:
First: Great Mod, love it to play!

Trying this mod my game crashes most of the times after Map start with exactly the same stacktrace @orgrinrt mentioned.
It seems that there are compatible issues with this mod, because after removing the other one no more crahses happens.

Have any ideas if it possible to solve this?

And another question: I want to use All Promotions description tooltip. The author of said mod has structurized his UnitPanel.lua very well (only one block of code in the UpdateUnitPortrait function).
I tried to copy his additions in the position in your UnitPanel.lua version but this has no effect. Can you give me some advise for this?
Your first mod, I haven't looked at and probably haven't. It shouldn't conflict at all. (ironically this is LeeS's mod, but most of the code in LR is LeeS's as well, so it should technically work.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/590582889/458606877327785731/

You should be using it in his UnitPanel because my UnitPanel only has one small change. Ignore the Independent EUI support and all that stuff. Look for that code and replace it.

Hey @Enginseer

Have you considered making the amount of XP required to level the general scale with gamespeed. The recent XP changes to VP have made them level much quicker relative to the units themselves.

Hey @Enginseer

Have you considered making the amount of XP required to level the general scale with gamespeed. The recent XP changes to VP have made them level much quicker relative to the units themselves.
They had always scaled with gamespeed.

Any chances for compatibility with WHoward's "Condenensed Promotions"? Or could You give me some instructions what to do to make them work together? I'm using latest vox populi (CBP) with EUI.

Any chances for compatibility with WHoward's "Condenensed Promotions"? Or could You give me some instructions what to do to make them work together? I'm using latest vox populi (CBP) with EUI.
Seems easy to incorporate, I'll do it next version next week.

Top Bottom