All Civilization World

I've been waiting for this mod... but to be honest, I haven't played a single turn just loaded the game to look around in it. So at first glance:

The good :) and the bad not-so-good :( things:

:) It's unquestionable that you have a lot of hard work in it :)

:) I like your simmetric approach with resources: Some appear only on Earth and some only on Chiron. But is it intentional that horse/sheep/pig appear on both planets? If you just lacked ideas you could check Barsoom mod: it has animal-resource replacements.

:( Tech-tree: expanding its height made it impossible to scroll the tech-tree with the mouse-wheel which is very uncomfortable. Reorganizing the tree could solve it.

:( You have a lot of v1, v2, v3, etc units. It is immersion breaking and feels like quantity is more important than quality.

:( The "space" between the two planets is just ocean. Do you plan to change it into something more "galactic"?

So much for now, will keep further investigating :)

Has the puppet states mod been added?

Thanks for your efforts!

Hmmm, maybe.
I can merge it in mod, but there is some things which upset me, and that is:
- I am in war with AI, AI capture my city, AI make puppet state and that puppet state have +10 attitude with me, in real world, no one state like puppet state which was made by occupation. That is very stupid thing in mod, which upset me.
I don't know i will maybe incorporate this in mod.

I've been waiting for this mod... but to be honest, I haven't played a single turn just loaded the game to look around in it. So at first glance:

The good :) and the bad not-so-good :( things:

:) It's unquestionable that you have a lot of hard work in it :)

:) I like your simmetric approach with resources: Some appear only on Earth and some only on Chiron. But is it intentional that horse/sheep/pig appear on both planets? If you just lacked ideas you could check Barsoom mod: it has animal-resource replacements.

:( Tech-tree: expanding its height made it impossible to scroll the tech-tree with the mouse-wheel which is very uncomfortable. Reorganizing the tree could solve it.

:( You have a lot of v1, v2, v3, etc units. It is immersion breaking and feels like quantity is more important than quality.

:( The "space" between the two planets is just ocean. Do you plan to change it into something more "galactic"?

So much for now, will keep further investigating :)

- I will be honest too, play first 50 turns and you will have different think.
Sogroon said:
I like your simmetric approach with resources: Some appear only on Earth and some only on Chiron. But is it intentional that horse/sheep/pig appear on both planets? If you just lacked ideas you could check Barsoom mod: it has animal-resource replacements.
- I will check Barsoom mod, and yes it is maybe stupid, but some units use horse and elephant, as their unique units, and use second additional resource like iron or copper or both (maybe). If i make several new worlds (new planets with new terrains) i will must to make on every some replacement for horse, elephants, or some metal resource. Because, horse, elephants, iron, copper, aluminum, titanium, oil, uranium are international (interplanetary) resources, and it will remain so. Sheep and pig will be replaced with some another animal, cows are replaced with orange bison (i just change texture from original bison, and get new resource).
I will add new terrains, features, resources and new map scripts.
Sogroon said:
Tech-tree: expanding its height made it impossible to scroll the tech-tree with the mouse-wheel which is very uncomfortable. Reorganizing the tree could solve it.
- Tech-tree, yes, yes, i really forgot to fix that. In previous versions, there was lots of technologies which was as a surplus or were unnecessary, and i remove them from mod, i will make positions in tech-tree different and easier to scroll, but i will not add or remove any tech.
Sogroon said:
You have a lot of v1, v2, v3, etc units. It is immersion breaking and feels like quantity is more important than quality.
- Yes, you have lots of v1, v2, v3, because mod going to 2300 AD, and you have lots of techs to research, but its limited by techs, some techs require almost all techs from one ERA to be researched, I had to do it, because in previous version AI almost research military technology which bring new v1, v2, v3, ... , v6, v7 units, and i as player research all industry techs and have very strong production and conquer entire world, in this version that is balanced and more realistic.
Sogroon said:
The "space" between the two planets is just ocean. Do you plan to change it into something more "galactic"?
- No its space, but it must be water type, because spaceships are naval units, you must think on that to you must transport your settlers, workers, and other units from one world to other. Yes i plan and try to "SPACE" be more galactic but i can't fix that because that galactic terrain (space) don't draw correct on map and i don't know how to fix that, and i was post that problem in some art thread (unit request thread i think) and get answer but that don't fix problem, if you found solution tell me.

Sogroon said:
So much for now, will keep further investigating
Thank you.

- I will check Barsoom mod, and yes it is maybe stupid, but some units use horse and elephant, as their unique units, and use second additional resource like iron or copper or both (maybe). If i make several new worlds (new planets with new terrains) i will must to make on every some replacement for horse, elephants, or some metal resource. Because, horse, elephants, iron, copper, aluminum, titanium, oil, uranium are international (interplanetary) resources, and it will remain so. Sheep and pig will be replaced with some another animal, cows are replaced with orange bison (i just change texture from original bison, and get new resource).
I will add new terrains, features, resources and new map scripts.
I don't think you need replacements for the inorganic resources (oil, copper, aluminium, etc) but animals would be better. I don't think it would be a bad thing if Chiron had a history that is lacking cavalry. That is an exotic alternative :) Or even going further: Iirc RiFE has lizard-cavalry. That would be awesome :cool:

- Yes, you have lots of v1, v2, v3, because mod going to 2300 AD, and you have lots of techs to research, but its limited by techs, some techs require almost all techs from one ERA to be researched, I had to do it, because in previous version AI almost research military technology which bring new v1, v2, v3, ... , v6, v7 units, and i as player research all industry techs and have very strong production and conquer entire world, in this version that is balanced and more realistic.
I was only speaking about naming. Seeing Infantry v1, v2, v3 etc is boring. Giving them some flavor names like G.I.Infantry, Tesla Infantry, Shock Trooper is nicer... and a lot of work, I know.

- No its space, but it must be water type, because spaceships are naval units, you must think on that to you must transport your settlers, workers, and other units from one world to other.
Why naval? Couldn't they be helicopter-type units?

I don't think you need replacements for the inorganic resources (oil, copper, aluminium, etc) but animals would be better. I don't think it would be a bad thing if Chiron had a history that is lacking cavalry. That is an exotic alternative :) Or even going further: Iirc RiFE has lizard-cavalry. That would be awesome :cool:

I will thinking about that, but maybe no, because this is not fantasy mod like my Creatures in War.

Sogroon said:
I was only speaking about naming. Seeing Infantry v1, v2, v3 etc is boring. Giving them some flavor names like G.I.Infantry, Tesla Infantry, Shock Trooper is nicer... and a lot of work, I know.

Yes, that will be changed, and buttons will be changed, and some Siege (in future Support) and Armor (in future Tanks) units will be changed, not their strength, already graphic.

Sogroon said:
Why naval? Couldn't they be helicopter-type units?

Because AI don't know to use Land transport, that is strange for AI, and spaceships are NAVAL, but i will maybe add new units, something like Assault Space Ships or Mother Ships which will be Land and can move over all terrains on map, but can't capture cities.

Some ideas on resources:

Okay, if you don't want giant lizards - though it wouldn't make the game "fantasy".
How about Direhorse from Avatar as a Horse replacement all you need is a blue model for the resource and cavalry units could require Horse on Earth or Direhorse on Chiron. (BTW, do we still call the new planet Chiron?)
For Elephant I have no idea yet...

I tried to tinker your two planets mapscript. I wanted to increase the space gap distance between the two planets. I'we found this:

PHP:
def addFeatures():
	# Remove all peaks along the coasts, before adding Features, Bonuses, Goodies, etc.
	# The peaks were bisecting too many islands.
	### RECONSTRUCTION Zlatko We must add this here because we change all water terrains, and you can add this code in def addFeatures(): instead here
	### RECONSTRUCTION Zlatko START
	gc = CyGlobalContext()
	map = CyMap()
	iW = map.getGridWidth()
	iH = map.getGridHeight()
	iSpaceTo1 = (iW/20)
	iSpaceFrom2	= (iW/20)*10
	iSpaceTo2 = (iW/20)*11
	iCoast = gc.getInfoTypeForString("TERRAIN_COAST")
	iPfCoast = gc.getInfoTypeForString("TERRAIN_PF_COAST")
	iPfOcean = gc.getInfoTypeForString("TERRAIN_PF_OCEAN")
	iSpace = gc.getInfoTypeForString("TERRAIN_SPACE")
	for plotIndex in range(iW * iH):
		pPlot = map.plotByIndex(plotIndex)
		if pPlot.isPeak() and pPlot.isCoastalLand():
			# If a peak is along the coast, change to hills and recalc.
			pPlot.setPlotType(PlotTypes.PLOT_HILLS, true, true)
	for x in range(iW):
		for y in range(iH):
			pPlot = map.plot(x, y)
			if(x < iSpaceTo1 or (x >= iSpaceFrom2 and x < iSpaceTo2)):
				pPlot.setTerrainType(iSpace, false, false)
			elif(x < iSpaceTo2):
				if pPlot.getPlotType() == PlotTypes.PLOT_OCEAN:
					if pPlot.getTerrainType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString("TERRAIN_COAST"):
						pPlot.setTerrainType(iPfCoast, false, false)
					elif pPlot.getTerrainType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString("TERRAIN_OCEAN"):
						pPlot.setTerrainType(iPfOcean, false, false)
	### RECONSTRUCTION Zlatko END
I thought that this part is responsible for the distance:
PHP:
map = CyMap()
	iW = map.getGridWidth()
	iH = map.getGridHeight()
	iSpaceTo1 = (iW/20)
	iSpaceFrom2	= (iW/20)*10
	iSpaceTo2 = (iW/20)*11
So I changed the numbers several times but nothing has changed so I am clueless. Can you help me how to change the space distance?

What I would really like to do is to flip the whole world from horizontal to vertical, so Earth would be on the north, space on the equator an Chiron on the south part of the map. But I have a lot to learn yet :)

I tried to tinker your two planets mapscript. I wanted to increase the space gap distance between the two planets. I'we found this:

PHP:
def addFeatures():
	# Remove all peaks along the coasts, before adding Features, Bonuses, Goodies, etc.
	# The peaks were bisecting too many islands.
	### RECONSTRUCTION Zlatko We must add this here because we change all water terrains, and you can add this code in def addFeatures(): instead here
	### RECONSTRUCTION Zlatko START
	gc = CyGlobalContext()
	map = CyMap()
	iW = map.getGridWidth()
	iH = map.getGridHeight()
	iSpaceTo1 = (iW/20)
	iSpaceFrom2	= (iW/20)*10
	iSpaceTo2 = (iW/20)*11
	iCoast = gc.getInfoTypeForString("TERRAIN_COAST")
	iPfCoast = gc.getInfoTypeForString("TERRAIN_PF_COAST")
	iPfOcean = gc.getInfoTypeForString("TERRAIN_PF_OCEAN")
	iSpace = gc.getInfoTypeForString("TERRAIN_SPACE")
	for plotIndex in range(iW * iH):
		pPlot = map.plotByIndex(plotIndex)
		if pPlot.isPeak() and pPlot.isCoastalLand():
			# If a peak is along the coast, change to hills and recalc.
			pPlot.setPlotType(PlotTypes.PLOT_HILLS, true, true)
	for x in range(iW):
		for y in range(iH):
			pPlot = map.plot(x, y)
			if(x < iSpaceTo1 or (x >= iSpaceFrom2 and x < iSpaceTo2)):
			elif(x < iSpaceTo2):
				if pPlot.getPlotType() == PlotTypes.PLOT_OCEAN:
					if pPlot.getTerrainType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString("TERRAIN_COAST"):
						pPlot.setTerrainType(iPfCoast, false, false)
					elif pPlot.getTerrainType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString("TERRAIN_OCEAN"):
						pPlot.setTerrainType(iPfOcean, false, false)
	### RECONSTRUCTION Zlatko END
I thought that this part is responsible for the distance:
PHP:
map = CyMap()
	iW = map.getGridWidth()
	iH = map.getGridHeight()
	iSpaceTo1 = (iW/20)
	iSpaceFrom2	= (iW/20)*10
	iSpaceTo2 = (iW/20)*11
So I changed the numbers several times but nothing has changed so I am clueless. Can you help me how to change the space distance?

What I would really like to do is to flip the whole world from horizontal to vertical, so Earth would be on the north, space on the equator an Chiron on the south part of the map. But I have a lot to learn yet :)

If i make mistake i will change in code

Code:
	iW = map.getGridWidth() # total map width
	iH = map.getGridHeight() # total map height
	iSpaceTo1 = (iW/20) # division total map width with 20, example 100/20 = 5
	iSpaceFrom2	= (iW/20)*10 # division total map width 20 and multiplication result with 10, example (100/20)*10 = 50
	iSpaceTo2 = (iW/20)*11 # example (100/20)*11 = 55
	for x in range(iW):
		for y in range(iH):
			pPlot = map.plot(x, y)
			if(x < iSpaceTo1 or (x >= iSpaceFrom2 and x < iSpaceTo2)): #important part which is responsible for placing [I]space [/I]on map

How this is imagine/logic, first choose on how many parts you want to division map, i choose 20, because that is the best solution for all sizes, that is this number in code
Code:
(iW/20)
(iW/20)*10
(iW/20)*11
Alright, i division my map on 20 parts, what i will now do, i will do decision that first part will be space (iW/20) in code, see code and you will understand. From 0 to x coordinate which equal to iW/20, that will be space, precision (iW/20)-1 because x < iSpaceTo1 in code, you know what i want to say if you have basic programming knowledge.
(iW/20)*10 present end of 10th part,
(iW/20)*11 present end of 11th part.
If you want to change range you must change this number which division entire map on parts iW/20, to some your number, for example 15 or 10 or 5, iW/15, start game with standard, large or huge map and you will see difference.

What I would really like to do is to flip the whole world from horizontal to vertical, so Earth would be on the north, space on the equator an Chiron on the south part of the map.

No, because game lose equator area, you will not have jungles in game and exotic bonuses from tropical area, because is space vertical, not horizontal in game.

Well, I was away from the internet for the weekend but realized it all myself. I am so proud I could solve it :D
Civ4ScreenShot0276.JPG
Otherwise I'm a noob for python so understanding anything in the code is a huge satisfaction :king:

No, because game lose equator area, you will not have jungles in game and exotic bonuses from tropical area, because is space vertical, not horizontal in game.

A bigger problem for me is that land terrain and resources are still placed placed east-west divided instead of north-south. But now I understand that this function is controlled in an other python file :)

The tech tree tells me that you are a big fan of GalCiv2, not to mention the new civic category :lol:

Did you ever consider using Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn as your base? I ask it because your game feels "unbalanced" in a sense that you have a LOT of content in the two new eras while the first 80% of the game (Ancient to Modern) is almost untouched.

Well, I was away from the internet for the weekend but realized it all myself. I am so proud I could solve it :D
View attachment 400509
Otherwise I'm a noob for python so understanding anything in the code is a huge satisfaction :king:

A bigger problem for me is that land terrain and resources are still placed placed east-west divided instead of north-south. But now I understand that this function is controlled in an other python file :)

The tech tree tells me that you are a big fan of GalCiv2, not to mention the new civic category :lol:

Did you ever consider using Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn as your base? I ask it because your game feels "unbalanced" in a sense that you have a LOT of content in the two new eras while the first 80% of the game (Ancient to Modern) is almost untouched.

See TwoPlanetsTerrainGenerator and TwoPlanetsFeatureGenerator in CvMapGeneratorUtils.py file in my mod.

Comes very soon in next version !

Affinities !

HARMONY, PURITY and SUPREMACY

You can only once choose your affinity during game, choose wisely !
Every affinity have their kinds of units, if you choose harmony you will only can build harmony units, purity and supremacy are not allow for you and vice versa.

Gallery:

Spoiler :

I hardly recognize the Celts! :goodjob:

I will not promise next release date but i hope that will be soon (about 1 month).

In this version SDK is improved, i merge all again and remove many bugs. I add total new tech tree which is pre-final tech tree (in version after new, i will maybe add Final Frontier techs and 3 new Eras).

Now you can be member of GDI or NOD, in council you can vote for several resolutions (War, Peace, Def Pacts), only for members.

Harmony, Purity and Supremacy and their unique units similar like in Civilization Beyond the Earth but not 100% same.

My Mini Formation is added as option now you really can enjoy in fantastic battles (see my mini formation mod)

The Lifepreserver Mod v1.2 (modified), your units can survive sinking of their ships.

Puppet States are merged today and for now works fine, i must do several tests, maybe is some bug there, but i have question for all:

Puppet States

Puppet States can be formed when a civilization with knowledge of how to form Vassal States conquers a city. Puppet States are created as a Vassal of the conquering player, and are the same civilization type as the previous city owner. Puppet States are a special type of vassal in that they don't get a Palace and are permanently a Vassal unless they achieve Legitimacy. A Puppet State achieves Legitimacy when it is the last remaining civ of it's civilization type. At that point it becomes a regular Vassal rather than a Puppet State.

Puppet States would do this in description, but in last version that is changed (original version 1.6), you can choose any Civilization from CivilizationInfos.xml file to be your puppet. I can code to make puppet to be like in description several hours/days and i am done, but what you think ? What is more interesting ?

Now you can be member of GDI or NOD, in council you can vote for several resolutions (War, Peace, Def Pacts), only for members.

:eek: Wow!
Do you mean civilizations or an alliance system like AP and UN?
More details please :bounce:

Like in AP but without religion if you play FFH2 you know for membership, it is same as in FFH2, but without FFH2 special resolutions. All civilizations with same CIVIC can vote for some resolution, but they are not in alliance, and get +2 Attitude for same membership CIVIC.

Like in AP but without religion if you play FFH2 you know for membership, it is same as in FFH2, but without FFH2 special resolutions. All civilizations with same CIVIC can vote for some resolution, but they are not in alliance, and get +2 Attitude for same membership CIVIC.

Is it replacing AP and UN or additional?

Top Bottom