Battlefield Asia Unit Pack

Dom Pedro II

Modder For Life

Chinese

I'm posting this somewhat piecemeal so bare with me here...

This first unit is the Firelancer, a Chinese unit from the middle ages of Chinese history and is distinct because of a weapon made of bamboo that is packed with gunpowder and then either a spear or sharp objects and rocks for shrapnel thus making it in many ways the world's oldest shotgun.

Firelancer (fixed)

A small vessel used by Asian shore communities.

Sampan

A cavalry unit dating from the Tang dynasty lasting from 618 AD to 907.

Tang Cavalry

MONGOLS

This is a Hun unit meant as a replacement for any of the Mongolian Middle Ages or Swordsman units... While a Hun is not technically a Mongol, it is from the same family... and if you feel like changing the name to something else, be my guest.

Personally, I like this unit a lot, and I think that, for whatever, reason it is the "cleanest" unit I have so far made since it seems to be less grainy than anything else I've produced. It also is our first full-figured soldier, and I think he deserves a round of applause for that... enjoy!

Hun

Mongol Cavalry

And thank you once again to Aluminium for making the FLICs! Not only to assisting me on this but also guiding me and giving me very, very good advice to make my units better.

KOREANS

This is the soldier from the Choson Dynasty of Korea... you dressed in outfits like this for several hundred years. In 1871 when the US invaded Korea (just a few hundred marines), they encountered soldiers still wearing these uniforms. This could work as a Rifleman replacement, but I think that I personally will be using it as a replacement for the Grenadier in my mod which comes between the Musketman and the Rifleman.

Choson Soldier

The infamous Hwarang Archer! If memory serves, the hwarang were famed horse archers. The name means "Flower Man" and was given to nobles in the kingdom of Silla. They teamed up with the Rangdo and were known together as the "Flower Knights". These people in turn lead to the development of a martial arts style called Hwa Rangdo.

Hwarang Archer

The Koryo Dynasty began in 918 AD. This unit is representative of their footmen.

Koryo Soldier

thanks for the great unit :D attack anim is superb. as for the ingame test: position is wrong, the unit is about 10 pixels too high. also some weird things happen to his legs in fortify and attack... (IK leftovers?), but that's not a big issue.

Hmmm, any ideas on how to correct the positioning problem? I used the method of creating the 8 flics and then changing the INI, but perhaps, the number I used was too great since my units always seem to end up too far down. I subtracted 23 with good results, but the original number was 70 the first time I used it for the Japanese units... for the Fulminata, it was 65, and this, for some reason, came out to 55.... so using 23 could put it too far... hmmm.

EDIT: Also, about the leg... if you mean right at the end, I was trying to create the effect of the leg hitting the ground and bouncing up again before finally coming to a rest... I guess it's a little too abrupt though since it's only 1 frame.

:thumbsup: :goodjob:
Great unit! Cool attack!

@embryodead
Is it wrong centered? Here is a preview in SBB compared with the swordsman. Where is the correct center point?

The same thing with the size. What is correct? It seems in C3C, unit are larger then in Vanilla. Note the irregular position of the Enkidu Warrior:

:confused: :confused:

The FIRELANCER! You really did a GREAT job on that one. It's better than how I imagined it. It's REALLY good...

Only issue is that his civ color doesn't show that much. One has to pay real close attention to the armband to figure it out.

Firelancer is great.

However, SE attack flic seems to have the end of the spear hanging around for several frames as if it hit something right outside the unit's animation box.

Originally posted by Drift
Firelancer is great.

However, SE attack flic seems to have the end of the spear hanging around for several frames as if it hit something right outside the unit's animation box.

Asian units ? Why not, after all ;) :D !

Otherwise I agree with Drift, great but the SE attack looks weird.

@Drift
This is a FLICster bug actually :(

@Dom Pedro II
Unfortunately, the only way I know to set the proper position is test the unit in game... I didn't found any rule for this. Here, the correct offset is +8 px btw.

@Aluminium
What SBB shows doesn't matter, because it doesn't use offset values. You have to load the unit in game to see the actual position. In SBB/FLICster it can be at the top left corner if you wish... but the final outcome is set by offsets.

Here's is in-game shot, with color disc for reference. The bottom pic is with corrected position.

Attachments

• untitled-1.jpg
    untitled-1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 11,112
You can use SBB to check the centering only if you don't plan to use offset : ie you have storyboard where the unit is centered within a frame.
But then the FLC is bigger. The animation eidtor in SSS supports offset centering, and different size frames (so it takes the lest possible amount of memory)

If embryodead wants to post the corrected ones, that's fine, but since there's apparently a problem with the attack anim anyway, maybe I should just do it.

Now, you said that it should be +8. Does that mean 55 (original value) + 8, or 32 + 8?

Top Bottom