2160 BC: MONGOLS BUILD ISAAC NEWTON'S COLLEGE
2100 BC: MONGOLS BUILD SETI PROGRAM
2080 BC: MONGOLS BUILD DARWIN'S VOYAGE
2080 BC: MONGOLS BUILD HOOVER DAM
2060 BC: MONGOLS BUILD APOLLO PROGRAM
2020 BC: MONGOLS BUILD CURE FOR CANCER
2000 BC: MONGOLS: 28 CITIES; 48,780,000 POPULATION

Approximative Strategy:
4000-3240: got 28 cities (4 found, 4 taken, 20 founded)
3240-3000: got 28 size-3 cities with temples and some marketplaces (bought with 100% tax)
3000-2860: got 28 size-10 cities (we love president = democracy + temples + marketplaces + oracle + HG + lux=40%, science=0%)
2860-2780: got 28 libraries (tax=80%, science=0%)
2780-2660: got BANKING+CONSTRUCTION+RELIGION+UNIVERSITY (science=80%)
2660-2480: got 28 banks-cathedrals-aqueducts-colosea (tax=80-100%, science=0%)
2480-2280: got 28 size12-19 cities (we love president = democracy + BACH + HG + MC etc. )
2280-2260: got 28 universities (tax=90%)
2260-2160: got ToG (science=30%, tax=60%)
2160-2100: built NEWTON and got COMPUTERS [11 sciences in 3 turns] (science=90% + libs + unis + NEWTON)
2100-2080: built SETI/DARWIN and got SPACEFLIGHT [13 sciences in 2 turns] (science=90% + libs + unis + NEWTON + SETI)
2060: built APPOLO and got PLASTICS and ROBOTICS (science=50%)
2040-2020: built/bought/launch spaceship

Principles:
1. Build as much cities as geography makes it easy to
2. Enlarge your cities with "we love president".
3. Dont discover sciences (fix science rate=0%) unless all your cities had nothing profitable to build. Make money and buy improvements.
4. Build the improvements in all your cities in the same turn so as to be able to modifiy tax/lux/science rates with maximum effectiveness. ex: cathedrals in all cities + MC in the same turn so as to reduce lux rate.
5. Accumulate gold before building science improvements. Build them and fix science rate=100% in the same turn [or 80-90% if you need luxuries])
6. Build all happiness improvements and wonders when needed so as so lower luxuries to the minimum
7. Note that if you build many cities, wonders who apply to all cities are VERY profitable (HG, Oracle, MC, BACH, NEWTON, SETI, HOOVER, CFC)
8. Conquer your continent as quickly as possible or find an isthm easy to defend. Then, you'll be able to reduce military expenses.
9. Build caravans so as to build the wonder the turn after the science needed discovered
10. Never discover communism. People are so content and productive in the reign of religion and M's Chapel ;)

Attachments

• Tribune.gif
    Tribune.gif
    14 KB · Views: 661
Mongols_rule said:
WOW 2020 BC!!!!

Which parts do u build for spaceship to launch? My "Energy" tab always says it's 0%.

For spaceship to launch, you must build at least:
3 modules (1 habitation, 1 support, 1 solar panel)
2 components (1 fuel, 1 propulsion) [4 components would be better]
~15 structurals

// Of course, you must have discovered spaceflight, plastics, robotics, and have built Appolo

More habitation modules makes better score
More components reduces flight time, and increase prob of success
Structurals are needed to "link" the modules and components to make them work

For better prob of success with bigger SS, twould be better to build:
components by pair (1 fuel, 1 propulsion)
modules by group of 3 (1 habitation, 1 support, 1 solar panel)
as structurals as needed, but not more than needed.

I think the biggest SS is:
4*3 modules
8*2 components
~34 structurals

Here's the Mongols-2020bc's one:

Attachments

• Spaceship.gif
    Spaceship.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 529
Carniflex, I'm just curious, how do you start your first few turns? What do you set your science/luxury/tax to? What do you build first? How do you explore (on a non-earth world)? How much do you focus on domination until you have your 28 or so cities?

SpaceMaNXLVII said:
Yeah I have fun no matter what, and I usually just explore and build cities until about 1500AD. Then I activate massive armies and go to war, usually leaving one city of one civilization behind, just so the game doesn't end. It's actually kind of fun having 23 settler units running around building railroads across the world!

I don't ever play for points. I just play for fun. A fun game to me is when I don't have to go to war early, and then I win the science race, and then I go to war and wipe everyone out with my high technology.

carniflex said:
"Greetings from he who makes mortals tremble: Carnifex of the Mongols"

launch: 2020BC
SS modules: 6
SS components: 6
flight time: 20.0 years
arriving in: 2000BC
level: EMPEROR
map: EARTH
civilization: Mongols
game: CIVILIZATION, 1991-92 (MS-DOS)

Wonders:
3660 BC: MONGOLS BUILD THE PYRAMIDS
3660 BC: MONGOLS FORM DEMOCRATIC
3380 BC: MONGOLS BUILD THE HANGING GARDENS
3080 BC: MONGOLS BUILD THE ORACLE
3000 BC: MONGOLS: 28 CITIES; 1,490,000 POPULATION
2640 BC: MONGOLS BUILD J.S.BACH'S CATHEDRAL
2380 BC: MONGOLS BUILD MICHELANGELO'S CHAPEL
2160 BC: MONGOLS BUILD ISAAC NEWTON'S COLLEGE
2100 BC: MONGOLS BUILD SETI PROGRAM
2080 BC: MONGOLS BUILD DARWIN'S VOYAGE
2080 BC: MONGOLS BUILD HOOVER DAM
2060 BC: MONGOLS BUILD APOLLO PROGRAM
2020 BC: MONGOLS BUILD CURE FOR CANCER
2000 BC: MONGOLS: 28 CITIES; 48,780,000 POPULATION

Approximative Strategy:
4000-3240: got 28 cities (4 found, 4 taken, 20 founded)
3240-3000: got 28 size-3 cities with temples and some marketplaces (bought with 100% tax)
3000-2860: got 28 size-10 cities (we love president = democracy + temples + marketplaces + oracle + HG + lux=40%, science=0%)
2860-2780: got 28 libraries (tax=80%, science=0%)
2780-2660: got BANKING+CONSTRUCTION+RELIGION+UNIVERSITY (science=80%)
2660-2480: got 28 banks-cathedrals-aqueducts-colosea (tax=80-100%, science=0%)
2480-2280: got 28 size12-19 cities (we love president = democracy + BACH + HG + MC etc. )
2280-2260: got 28 universities (tax=90%)
2260-2160: got ToG (science=30%, tax=60%)
2160-2100: built NEWTON and got COMPUTERS [11 sciences in 3 turns] (science=90% + libs + unis + NEWTON)
2100-2080: built SETI/DARWIN and got SPACEFLIGHT [13 sciences in 2 turns] (science=90% + libs + unis + NEWTON + SETI)
2060: built APPOLO and got PLASTICS and ROBOTICS (science=50%)
2040-2020: built/bought/launch spaceship

Principles:
1. Build as much cities as geography makes it easy to
2. Enlarge your cities with "we love president".
3. Dont discover sciences (fix science rate=0%) unless all your cities had nothing profitable to build. Make money and buy improvements.
4. Build the improvements in all your cities in the same turn so as to be able to modifiy tax/lux/science rates with maximum effectiveness. ex: cathedrals in all cities + MC in the same turn so as to reduce lux rate.
5. Accumulate gold before building science improvements. Build them and fix science rate=100% in the same turn [or 80-90% if you need luxuries])
6. Build all happiness improvements and wonders when needed so as so lower luxuries to the minimum
7. Note that if you build many cities, wonders who apply to all cities are VERY profitable (HG, Oracle, MC, BACH, NEWTON, SETI, HOOVER, CFC)
8. Conquer your continent as quickly as possible or find an isthm easy to defend. Then, you'll be able to reduce military expenses.
9. Build caravans so as to build the wonder the turn after the science needed discovered
10. Never discover communism. People are so content and productive in the reign of religion and M's Chapel ;)

Carniflex, I don't know how to found 20 cities in 760 years. You need at least 200 years to make a settler because that's the time a size-1 city needs to become a size-2 city in despotism, and a size-1 city can't make settlers without desbanding. So you have 2 cities in 3800 BC, 4 in 3600, 8 in 3400, 16 in 3200. Could you explain that?

On CIV1, are the spaceships the same as on on CIV2? Or did they mess with it when they updated?

originally posted by kirilov:
"Carniflex, I don't know how to found 20 cities in 760 years. You need at least 200 years to make a settler because that's the time a size-1 city needs to become a size-2 city in despotism, and a size-1 city can't make settlers without desbanding. So you have 2 cities in 3800 BC, 4 in 3600, 8 in 3400, 16 in 3200. Could you explain that?"

Discovering "advanced tribes" and capturing cities allows to go more quickly. the 20 cities founded were founded by settlers built by the cities "found" and captured very early by cavalries and chariots.

originally posted by Conrino
"On CIV1, are the spaceships the same as on on CIV2? "
They are exactly the same, excepting that the civ1 is in 2D and VGA

what i really don't understand:

you all here post screenshots and writings
but NO (save)game FiLES
to PROOF your words.
i wanna see your save games (CivNet, Civ.1.DOS)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=104554
as ATTACHMENTS here.
for example -->
Civil2.sve into Civil2.sav
and
Civil2.map into Civil2.txt
i believe you guys
but
i can fake/cheat/rewrite every log file
and
every gamefile (as many members here)

but AFTER Your SpaceShip ... ... ALPHA CENTAURi
(or as well regular end on end-date, conquering the world and so on)
there is a replay.txt logfile 'given' by the game itself
that show/proof what's exactly 'going on' in the game
(incl.
the 'moving maps animation'
and the powergraph).

kirilov said:
But how would you know we haven´t cheated before that point?
the original savegames' powergraph is a good indicator if somebody did cheat-
for example you can't buy cities secretly (after using a money cheat)
because these actions are visible in the replay.txt game log

(you can create the other 'opponents' 'replay.txt'-gamelog yourself when you access their savegame on your machine)

(show) REPLAY and 'write replay.txt' is available when you did win the game by spacerace
(what's easy to do in this game)
at the same place where RETiRE is located
so everyone here can cause the CiV.1.DOS game to create this
- replay.txt game log(s)
- powergraph(s)
- moving maps animation(s)
himself/herself.)

Discovering "advanced tribes" and capturing cities allows to go more quickly. the 20 cities founded were founded by settlers built by the cities "found" and captured very early by cavalries and chariots.

Yes of course, I realized after posting. But listen, such a thing has never happened to me! Do you use the save game cheat? If not, tell me please how many games you need to play before being so lucky with huts and wars. I always get barbs and loose battles with other civs very early.

kirilov said:

Yes of course, I realized after posting. But listen, such a thing has never happened to me! Do you use the save game cheat? If not, tell me please how many games you need to play before being so lucky with huts and wars. I always get barbs and loose battles with other civs very early.

i think just emperior level makes this possible:
1. 'YOU' concentrate on building chariots and settlers.
'YOU' use the savegame & settler & chariot movement cheat.

2. you are luckily on the same continent as 2 other well developed AI opponents ( 'emperior level').
3. you conquer them at a point where your chariots might become useless against citywalls/musketeers.
4. you got their techs. at this point you have cities and techs maybe 2-3 interesting wonders too.

what's left you can see at carniflex' description/principels...

the only thing interesting to me
is how 'you' (here) will do in
a game based on

RUSSiA
3860 BC
3 Tribes / Civilizations
EARTH
Chieftain Level

described in the
SPACE RACE CONTEST

Your Civilization just has ONE MiSSiON:
Send A Space Ship To ALPHA CENTAURi
as fast as possible

( win the game )

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=113563

all start at same position
so the results will be comparable.

i am sure that it is MUCH harder to discover all by 'yourself'
to irrigate land first yourself to develop growing cities (over '5')
(in euro-asian region this is the situation, you know)

i think that nobody will land on alpha centauri far before 1 AD under this condition.
:D

*warms this thread up again*

My record spaceship victory is around 2000... AD!
Yeah shoot me, I'm not the one for that time of win as I prefer totally owning all the other civs. But I must admit, The sequence/movie/slideshow/animation/thing that follows a spaceship victory is very, very good and really makes you proud of your civilization.

So, what about you dudes? What's your Spaceship victory best time? Do you think we can beat these old timers :p ?

trada said:
*warms this thread up again*

My record spaceship victory is around 2000... AD!
Yeah shoot me, I'm not the one for that time of win as I prefer totally owning all the other civs. But I must admit, The sequence/movie/slideshow/animation/thing that follows a spaceship victory is very, very good and really makes you proud of your civilization.

So, what about you dudes? What's your Spaceship victory best time? Do you think we can beat these old timers :p ?
i don't think so -
kirilov and carniflex beat the she **** out of the game.
please use the file in the space ship thread
otherwise there's nothing to compare here -
that's the cause for the SPACE RACE contest. ;)

last record by carniflex:

carniflex
in the year 1980 BC.
score: 205
percentage: 4%

here is the replay.txt
Code:
................................................................................
.        ..   .  .  . .      ..     .       .  .     .     .     .      . .     

.......                                                
               .. . ... ........      .     ..     ...                          
    .....    ........    .......     ..               ..     .                  
   ........... . .....   ......               .     .........  ...    ...       
 ............. ....  .   .....               .  .. ...................... .     
     .....  ..........  ....          ...      . ..........................     
     ..........   . .   ..    .      ....... ......................... ...      
    ..........   ....               ...... ...........................  .       
    ....... .........          .   ... .............................    ..      
    ....... ... .....         ..     . ..............................    .      
    .................          .   .   .....*Moscow.......... .........         
   .......... ..... .         ..   ...................................          
   .......... ... .              .....+*Sevastopol..*Odessa............         
  .............                 ....................................... ..      
  ............                  ...*Kiev......  *Leningrad............  .       
  ............                .... ..  ...   .. ................... ..  ..      
  ..........                  ...   ..   *Minsk ...................      .      
  . ....   .                         .     ........*Smolensk.........  .        
  . ...    .                  .....        ...........................          
    ...                       ........ .. ............................          
    ... .   ..               .................. ......................          
     ....    ..             ............... ...    ..................           
        ..                  ............... ......    .....*Par*Orleans.        
         .                 ................  ......    .....  .....    ..       
         .. ....           .................  ....      ...   ....     ..       
          .......          ..................  ..       ..     ....     ..      
           ........        ...................  .       ..       ..      .      
           .........        ...................          .           .          
          ...........        .... ..............                   ...  ..      
          .............            ........*Babylon            ...  ...... .    
           .............           ............                 ..  . ..   ...  
           ............            ........ ..                   .           .. 
            ..........              .........                    ..     .       
            ..........              ........*Sumer                .       ..    
              ........               ........                          .......  
              .......                .........                         .......  
              ......                .......... .                    ........... 
              ......                ........   .                   ............ 
              .....                  .......   .                   ............ 
               ...                   .....+Zimbabwe                ............ 
               ..                    ......   .                    ............ 
               ..                     .....                        ...  ......  
                .                     ....                              .....   
                .                     .                                   ..    

.    . .     . ..    .    . .  .     .           .    .    ..        .       .. 
................................................................................
4000 BC: Zulus found the city of Zimbabwe
4000 BC: Germans found the city of Berlin
3920 BC: RUSSIANS FOUND THE CITY OF MOSCOW
3880 BC: Zimbabwe destroyed
3880 BC: Zulu civilization destroyed by Russians
3880 BC: Berlin destroyed
3880 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER POTTERY
3880 BC: German civilization destroyed by Russians
3880 BC: French found the city of Paris
3860 BC: Babylonians found the city of Babylon
3780 BC: RUSSIANS PRODUCE FIRST MILITIA
3760 BC: Barbarians  form Despotism
3720 BC: RUSSIANS FOUND THE CITY OF LENINGRAD
3680 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER ALPHABET
3580 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER WRITING
3580 BC: RUSSIANS FOUND THE CITY OF KIEV
3520 BC: RUSSIANS FOUND THE CITY OF MINSK
3500 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER CODE OF LAWS
3460 BC: RUSSIANS PRODUCE FIRST SETTLERS
3460 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER LITERACY
3420 BC: RUSSIANS FOUND THE CITY OF SMOLENSK
3400 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER THE REPUBLIC
3360 BC: RUSSIANS FOUND THE CITY OF ODESSA
3360 BC: RUSSIANS FORM REPUBLIC
3320 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER BRONZE WORKING
3260 BC: Babylonians discover Ceremonial Burial
3200 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER MYSTICISM
3160 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER CURRENCY
3100 BC: RUSSIANS BUILD THE COLOSSUS
3100 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER TRADE
3080 BC: Russians make peace with French
3000 BC: RUSSIANS: 6 CITIES; 390,000 POPULATION
*** 1:Russians 2:French 3:Babylonians 
3000 BC: RUSSIANS PRODUCE FIRST CARAVAN
3000 BC: Babylonians found the city of Sumer
2980 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER MASONRY
2900 BC: French found the city of Orleans
2880 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER PHILOSOPHY
2800 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER MEDICINE
2780 BC: RUSSIANS BUILD SHAKESPEARE'S THEATRE
2740 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER CONSTRUCTION
2660 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER BANKING
2660 BC: RUSSIANS FOUND THE CITY OF SEVASTOPOL
2540 BC: French produce first Phalanx
2520 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER MATHEMATICS
2500 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER ASTRONOMY
2480 BC: RUSSIANS BUILD COPERNICUS' OBSERVATORY
2480 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER UNIVERSITY
2460 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER IRON WORKING
2440 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER BRIDGE BUILDING
2420 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER MAPMAKING
2400 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER NAVIGATION
2400 BC: RUSSIANS PRODUCE FIRST DIPLOMAT
2380 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER PHYSICS
2380 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER THEORY OF GRAVITY
2360 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER THE WHEEL
2340 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER ENGINEERING
2320 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER INVENTION
2300 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER STEAM ENGINE
2280 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER RAILROAD
2280 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER RELIGION
2260 BC: RUSSIANS BUILD ISAAC NEWTON'S COLLEGE
2260 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER CHEMISTRY
2240 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER INDUSTRIALIZATION
2220 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER GUNPOWDER
2200 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER EXPLOSIVES
2200 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER MAGNETISM
2180 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER THE CORPORATION
2180 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER REFINING
2180 BC: Russians make peace with Babylonians
2160 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER COMBUSTION
2140 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER FLIGHT
2140 BC: French form Republic
2120 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER METALLURGY
2100 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER ELECTRICITY
2080 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER ADVANCED FLIGHT
2060 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER ELECTRONICS
2060 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER COMPUTERS
2040 BC: RUSSIANS BUILD SETI PROGRAM
2040 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER ROCKETRY
2020 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER SPACE FLIGHT
2000 BC: RUSSIANS: 7 CITIES; 4,260,000 POPULATION
*** 1:Russians 2:French 3:Babylonians 
2000 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER PLASTICS
1980 BC: RUSSIANS BUILD APOLLO PROGRAM
1980 BC: RUSSIANS DISCOVER ROBOTICS
:egypt: NEW RECORD TiME :egypt:
EDiT: SCORE TABLE / "Hall Of fame"
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=2600598&postcount=1
entry done.
:)

I tried myself on the earliest spaceship challenge in a normal EARTH Emperor Level game.

Launch: 1340BC
SS modules: 3
SS components: 7 (2 prop, 5 fuel)
flight time: 20.4 years
arriving in: 1320BC
level: EMPEROR
map: EARTH
civilization: Mongols
game: CIVILIZATION, MS-DOX, 474.05

I basically tried to follow @carniflex's strategy and principles. I would think that carniflex used at at a minimum the "rules"/cheats that @GoldBerg set forth in his challenge: settler builds everything in 1 turn, save/load game as often as you want (luck manipulation, attack in democracy).
I used these cheats as well. I also used the cheat to buy a building and then switching to a unit, basically because I tried to mimic carniflex dates, and did not see any other way to not fall behind too far. For the luck manipulation I relied on @darkpanda's insights (mostly pressing 'c' until I get the outcome I need and DoxBox SVN-Daum load state). I also used JCivED to gather intelligence about the map in critical moments.

I'm not much of a micro-optimizer, so I'm sure a couple of turns could be shaved off my result. I mostly tried to optimize the beginning.

I can confirm that carniflex strategy overall seems to be sound and well tested. The first three wonder dates appear to be possible, and getting many sciences in few turns is the way to go.

But I totally don't see how a launch in 2020BC is possible. Mainly because I don't see how it is possible to both do the pyramids in 3660BC, the Hanging Gardens in 3380BC, the Oracle in 3080 AND get 28 size 3 cities at the same time. I mean, where do you get the money from for rush-buying all the settlers? How do you get the settlers to their city locations and road and irrigate enough squares to prepare for the upcoming growth in this time?

Am I missing some trick? Has anybody been successful to get close to what carniflex was doing? The only thing I can think of is the unlimited movement cheat, where you put your savegame in an autosave slot. But I would kind of expect that carniflex had mentioned if he was using this cheat.

Also, I don't quite understand how he captures this many enemy cities this early. In my run, I was able to capure an undefended Berlin, a just-grown-to-3 Rome in the first moves, and a size-3 reduced-to-size-1 babylon around the time I build the pyramids. But all other enemy cities on the map would not grow to size 3 for a very long time (or being size 2 and having a full enough granary to grow the next move after the attack), so they were impossible to capture.

My start was with two settlers and two nearby huts from which I popped a Cavalery from NONE each. I founded one city, and used the other settler to improve the land. The first city had 3 horses and a hill for I think 13 production in democracy at size 4.
I popped two more Cavaleries from NONE for a total of 4. In the beginning, I would mostly try to get money from huts, to rush-buy the pyramids. To make this cheaper, I was buying city walls as soon as possible and then switching. I would pop "advanced tribes" at strategic locations, I think I had only 3 real useful. Later I would get basic sciences that I was not able to trade from other civs, like marketplace and mysticism.
With the first cities getting size 3 I would start to celebrate at a whopping 50% luxury, grow to size 4 and start rush buying settlers.

I attached my start savegame after getting both Cavaleries in 3960BC.

civ_004.png

Attachments

• REPLAY.TXT
    10.3 KB · Views: 17
  • EARLY-SPACESHIP.zip
    16.6 KB · Views: 19
Top Bottom