Global Warming with Thermometer

This is a very useful mod- thanks for the time and I like the color change

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
What happens when Global Warming happens? I've never seen any noticable effect in game.

The faces on soldiers, workers etc gradually becomes red and the population heads in your cities get wrinkled up much more.

When global warming has been in effect for awhile, there is a possibility of a tile turning into a warmer tile. IE grassland into plains, plains into dessert, etc.

Sounds like I need to revive an old thread. In response to questions about "what does global warming do?", and common misinformation about its effects, I would refer readers to the following thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=2014915#post2014915

To summarize:
1. Nothing can reduce global warming.

2. If you forest a tile, it will "absorb" global warming effects by giving the game one more forested tile to deforest--but it won't reduce the rate at which tiles become deforested.

3. Deforestation (e.g., Jungle and Forest reverting to base tile) and Grasslands-to-Plains are the only DEFAULT global warming effects currently functioning in the game. [Edit: added the word "DEFAULT" here for clarification. Other transformations also work (see the link above), but are not coded into the default .biq file.]

4. Although the default .biq file is coded for changing Plains-to-Desert and Marsh-to-Coast, these transformations are broken. They no longer work, due to one of the patches that was issued (not sure which one). Ask Firaxis about it, because I consider this to be a major loss for late-game effects.

Nice thermometer, Pounder. I like it.

Camber said:
Sounds like I need to revive an old thread. In response to questions about "what does global warming do?", and common misinformation about its effects, I would refer readers to the following thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=2014915#post2014915

To summarize:
1. Nothing can reduce global warming.

2. If you forest a tile, it will "absorb" global warming effects by giving the game one more forested tile to deforest--but it won't reduce the rate at which tiles become deforested.

3. Deforestation (e.g., Jungle and Forest reverting to base tile) and Grasslands-to-Plains are the only DEFAULT global warming effects currently functioning in the game. [Edit: added the word "DEFAULT" here for clarification. Other transformations also work (see the link above), but are not coded into the default .biq file.]

4. Although the default .biq file is coded for changing Plains-to-Desert and Marsh-to-Coast, these transformations are broken. They no longer work, due to one of the patches that was issued (not sure which one). Ask Firaxis about it, because I consider this to be a major loss for late-game effects.

Nice thermometer, Pounder. I like it.
They wanted to make Civ3 more like SMAC but the ppl that made that work in SMAC left before this was done- so it didn't work the way planned and as with most things Firaxis didn't manage to fix over time, it was merely removed.

hIdDeN_eViL said:
Nice job :goodjob:
would be better without the sun though

Here is a preview of the thermometer without the sun.

Attachments

• therm only pre.jpg
    therm only pre.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,246
Top Bottom