New Format Wonder Splashes by Pounder

If you downloaded the Mesopotamian Splashes before November 6th, there are 3 changes that were made today:

1) I had named the mis-named hanging gardens "hangings gardens" (sort of gives new meaning to the place), not a big deal you can rename it yourself, or download the updated files and also get the other 2 corrections.

2) Granary was mis-spelled 'ganary' on the pyramid splash, you can't easily change that yourself.

3) I rearranged the mausoleum splash because the name was much longer than the other splashes.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

All 3 corrections are in the new downloads on post #31.

Ukas said:
Very cool stuff Pounder. Btw, perhaps it's a dumb question but can you use different size splashes without problems?

You can have different size backgrounds in each scenario. Just place the splashes in the folder with the background you wish to use.

The larger background will actually take both size splashes if you wanted to mix them.

Here is a sample (ignore the poor palette) of using a regular size splash with lots of extra info or a history lesson on the side. These could be mixed with the other widescreen splashes:

I think this is brilliant, and I've just started to use them now. One thing I did notice was for the Epic Game set it seems to be missing the Internet, am I going blind or is it not in the zip file? Anyway I just thought I should point that out, and if it's the case that I've not followed the instructions properly then I suppose it won't hurt to let me know, otherwise this is some real top quality stuff. Thanks!

Pounder said:
@eliminator

I like the shots, but I would prefer colour splashes.

I did have this one that I formatted of a WWII Tribal Class Destroyer which was the state of the art destroyer in WWII. But I am not happy with the sky in this one as there was some fog and the pallete was too limited.

Pounder, i like whay you have done in redoing the splashes, but i do have one lil quibble. ;) The Fletcher class DD was the epitomy of DD design in WW2, not the Tribal class. :D

:nuke: Cheers Thorgrimm :nuke:

Here is a regular sized version of the Hadrians Wall splash, there was some interest on another thread, so I thought that I might convert it to regular size.

If there are any other spalshes that I made on this thread that you would converted to regular splash size, just let me know.

Edit: Thought I would throw in the other Rise of Rome Splash I made Bacchanalia.
Edit April 22, 2005: An apollo alternate, non Civ specific and Mission to Mars.

Attachments

• Hadrians Wall.pcx
    81 KB · Views: 242
  • bacchanalia.pcx
    122.3 KB · Views: 208
  • apollo.pcx
    97 KB · Views: 190
  • marsmission.pcx
    70.5 KB · Views: 217
Top Bottom