Heart of Destiny

http://www.3ddownloads.com/civfanatics/civ3/modpacks/Far_Horizons.exe

Playtest away guys... ;)

I want to thankyou for all of your great help Coltrane...you don't know how much help the work you did for me was... :eek:

Its only 400 MBs, in RAR Exe format, so just remember where your Conquests scenerios go and upload them there, oh and here is the biq:

Attachments

• Heart of Destiny.zip
    52.6 KB · Views: 175
Downloading now.

Edit: I'm getting a missing file: "art/advisors/sittingbull_all.pcx" I'm going to see if I can fix it.

I will have infiltrate my office by night just to download that monster, SOG. I am sure it is worth it, so that exactly what I gonna do :) If you don't hear from me anymore in the future, it will be just that security shot me. Wish me luck ;)

(Hears the Mission Impossible themesong in the background.. :lol: ) Don't get yourself in trouble on my account Pink... :eek:

Vbraun: I'm not sure why you are getting that error, it doesn't appear for me... :confused: (Although I did forget to add the Gradius..oh well..theres always a patch..)

I fixed it by making a copy of another file and renameing it sittingbull_all.pcx. Also it seems Sitting Bull's flcs are missing too. I temporarly replace it with the Iroquis leader.

I start my first game as Rome. I get a grassland start in the far south (I have tundra next to me). I go to look at the tech tree. It seems that the arrows are missing and the gradius is missing ( :cry: ).

Within the first few turn I make contact with the Iroquis. Nice Music! Only suggestion is to make it so that the beginning of the song (the beating drums) is shortened, becasue it gets pretty annoying, I recommend to cut it to a few seconds before the melody starts.

I meet the Mali, Nice diplo music again, maybe its a tad too loud.

I'll continue playing later.

There are some bugs!

1. Art/Wonder Splash/Pisasplash.pcx should be Art/Wonder Splash/Pisasplash (no .pcx at the end)

2. Art/Advisors/sittingbull_all.pcx is missing, I duped koyah_all.pcx to compensate

3. Art/Flics/

sittingbull_anc.flc
sittingbull_anc2.flc
sittingbull_ind.flc
sittingbull_ind2.flc
sittingbull_mid.flc
sittingbull_mid2.flc
sittingbull_mod.flc
sittingbull_mod2.flc

are missing :)

I dupped the koyan_*.flc to compensate

4. Art/tech chooser/09-Chivalry-large.pcx is missing. I just copyied some pic to compensate.

5. In the file

Art/Units/Special Forces/Special Forces.INI

The referenced file in
BUILD=..\WWII Paratrooper\ParatrooperDrop.wav

is missing, I fixed it to

BUILD=ModernInfantryFortify.wav

6. Art/civilopedia/icons/races/sittingbullSMALL.pcx is missing :)
Just copy some of the other race to compensate :)

7. My Weather Control Machine does not produces tornadoes :)
It produces desert eagles as Israelis civ , I am japanese civ in the game!

8. Missing Entry in text/Pediaicons.txt ANIMNAME_PRTO_Resister

---------------------------------------------------

And a funny thing :)

WOW, a hoplite almost withstand my crawler :)
No, another fortified !
"Colonel, be carefull! There are extra units in the capital. Do not engage"

I guess next round will hide in the bushes :)
BTW, how do you hide such big spider :)
Easy, give it a cookie :)

P.S. I definitely like this mod! It reminds me of Terminator Movies

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 118
New Biq......

But honestly I don't know why you are getting those errors. I uploaded all the Sitting Bull Flics when I uploaded the mod.... :confused: and those other errors... :confused:

I don't get them, and I have the same files you guys do... :confused:

Attachments

• Heart of Destiny.zip
    52.6 KB · Views: 133
I really like this mod however I´ve encountered a few bugs. Missing Entry in text/Pediaicons.txt ANIMNAME_PRTO_Resister and then i also had problems with a missing ini file for the resister. I´m currently playing as khymerians on Rhyes 134x130 map and i really like this mod but there seems to be room for more techs in the future era... great job despite the bugs, hope there will be a patch or that the real version will be bugfree

I don´t know why but recently while playing the mod my computer just ends the game and returns to windows could it have something to do with the fact that I imported the mod to Rhyes earth map? But i have never experienced this sort of things before and I´ve imported lot´s of stuff... and then recently while loading a game there seems to be more missing animnames as well but then i checked the Archangel unit which the game mentions and there are correct names in both animation/prto and ini file seems to be correct? I have no idea why this happens

Check the player properties inthe editor. If they are on, uncheck them and then try again. Make sure to back up the biq before you do and then do it, so in case that wasn't it you don't completely remove them. I've had this problem with every mod with player properties. I haven't figure it out yet.

@Sword_of_Geddon: I will still do the arrows if you want as soon as I get the mod working for me. I'm starting my download now.

And for the rest of you, this is a beta so it will have some tweeking needed. ;) Thanks for the bug reports guys. I'll see what I find when I install and I'll let you know.

hey all. i fixed most of the errors in my game and while i did so i noticed that many units are unused, including all the camel ones. whats up with that sword? i assigned some to ottomans, some to egypt, but yeah... lol. i also created "Barbarian" and "Insurgent" to fill some gaps i thought were there. also, i gave all settlers/workers/explorers 1 defense because otherwise, a captured worker turns into... a mercenary. (btw, i changed its stats to 6/6/1 -2hp and comes with military training) ill report anything else later

oh, well you must have not deleted them from the editor lol. and good news! my mercenary (hoplite) became the (swiss) merc. in the middle ages! AND!!!!! i bought 2 of them (it was very expensive) from the nubians, so it worked. btw, in the editor i changed it so only certain civs can build mercs. i went by historically which ones did and i think it works well. -2 hp and 6/6/1 works really well as they really dont last long in battle unless they are really well trained/experienced (vet with 2 hp, or elite with 3)

does anything allow air or sea trade?

also, the 3rd era merc. animation has a problem for some reason
"Error reading file: ANIMNAME_PRTO_Mercenary" but the first 2 were fine...

I got rid of the naval and air trade stuff, they slow the game down ALOT. If I put that feature back in, it will be by small wonder perhaps. I hope you understand.

Heres a small patch that should fix a few of the errors.

Attachments

• Beta Patch One.zip
    482 KB · Views: 138
yup i understand. i put in in for some GWs just to see how it worked and i created a new thing "Major port" which requires a harbor and is high maintenence but is for sea trade, it works well as the AI doesnt build it too much, but does a little. i also put airports air trade in, but may remove it based on future testing.

tjedge: do you mean unchecking custom player data under scenario properties, or do you mean scenario properties/ players and then unchecking human player and civilization defaults for player 1 and then civilization defaults for all the rest players which were at first turned on?

Top Bottom