*** Unit Request Thread #2 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi ,
i hav downloaded Attila the hun files i.e the flcs and pcx files. but i want the hun's civ's units. can ne one help me.
thanx in advance.

Futuristic Generic Tank. Muffins has made many Tanks for the Warhammer Mod I know, but those ones have civ colouring all over and aren't futuristic enough. Also, the many Tanks from that futuristic Mod either aren't good enough or just don't fit what type ofTank I'm looking for. I believe this request to be quite needed and can also be used by many Players of the Civ 3 community. :)

EDIT: First unit request created. - thanks!

~ Manta Class Submarine with Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (Popular Science April 2003)
Only an attack animation is necessary, as it otherwise looks relatively close to a standard nuclear sub, though a complete model would be awesome. Upon attack, 2 miniature AUV's detach from the nose of the hull and seek the target, much like fighter jets off an aircraft carrier, though the sub has standard torpedos itself. The drones use torpedos to attack.

Neither needs heavy detail, as both are generalized units (much like traditional epic units). PM me if interested, and I'll provide more visual references & other details, if necessary.

thanks

I 've already post this as a new thread, but I think I should be in the requests threads too.

I wish to ask for some units for a mod on process based on the civ2 Midgard scenario. Until now I’ve finished with the map (including the terrain graphics) and the races (full with leaderheads, civpedia entries and city graphics). I estimate the release of the mod within the next one or two months, if no extreme circumstances occur. Note that many of the units mentioned are not essential for the mod, since I have decent substitutes for most of them, but it will look much better with such animations. Also if an animator starts working with a unit I would like to know so that I may not release the mod without the new unit graphics.

So here are the units, listed on priority:

Jack O’ Lattern

Witch (Land unit, flying animations)

Mereman

Mereman Settler and Worker

Triton Legion (Land unit)

Mereguard

Old Man

Baba Yaga

Ellida (Air unit)

Skidbladnir (Air unit)

Winged Settler and Worker

In addition I would find useful a modification of Kinboat’s Angel Swordsman with armor and shield (so that it will be more convincing as an upgrade of the angel spearman) and his Angel leadearhead with mountains as background (so that it will appear more like a winged woman, I ‘ve already done this with the pcxs)

I doubt someone has done this before...

It will either be incredibly easy or incredibly hard...

I'd do it myself but I dont know how...

8-bit civ3 units! :p

Specificly final fantasy 1 units. It would be really cool to run around a civ3 map as 8 bit fighter or black mage, or one of the enemies (chaos... :satan: ). Or, someone could make 8 bit terrain graphics... Well, lets just stick to the units for now.

If someone is willing to do this, a good website to use would be www.planetnintendo.com/ff1. 5 squares down the side is graphics.

And dont forget, in FF1, the enemies flashed but never moved :D

Attachments

• Happy BM.bmp
    97.5 KB · Views: 340
A lot of folks are working on improving or altering the Star Trek Mod , so if anybody could make any more or knows of any extra Star Trek units (Ones not already in the mod, I can provide a list if needed) That would be really great! In particular it would be good to see some of the following:-

Dominion Warship Wing Variant (The ones seen in series 5 of DS9)
Breen Warship
Bajoran Assault Ship
So'na Ships
D 7 variants (some different sizes or colours on the one already made would be excellent).

:)

I would like somebody, perhaps the lemon scented Muffins, to make some futuristic mechs, tanx, infantry (Maybe riot police with the sheild thing) that don't have the whole civ color scheme. Edit: you might be able to color scheme the cockpit and the leaders, in case youre at war with everybody (be aware, i am asking for VERY detailed units, but they should be cool in the end)

1 A mech much like the... i think it was the Terminator muffins made with the same model, but sorta bluish gray, and with the teleport action (paradrop). Also i think it would be cool to have an atack where it starts with rockets, lasers ect. but then it tears off its arm, and uses it to beat and shock the enemy, and its armor plating is strarting to become dented. (in victory it could screw its arm back on? Death with an explosion would be pretty good.
The way i see it, if these things are all the same color, the creator could make a death with an explosion, a mushroom cloud please?

2 A bulky, still bluish gray mech with A LOT of missles, like every where. and if they could go out of the square, into the square its atacking and blow up, so that it actually looks like its hitting the target. maybe some could miss and pass the target, it would be cool. it should have a bombard where it like sends a buncha missiles at the target, and a fortify where it takes a defensive stance and all the missiles like unload outta the armes, and the chest plates open to show a buncha missiles.
And for the death on this thing i think first, its arm should fall off, leaving wires sparking, and then its leg on the other side should snap and it falls over, and then a mushroom cloud death. (Pretty in depth, huh?) o, and also, its fidget could be like the missiles come out of the arm, and spin around, and then go back in? im sorta leaving all the fidget up to the maker (Woo Hoo, huh? :) )

3 A final mech like a suicide mech, with extra explosives strapped on. still bluish gray. it has a mushroom cloud explosion, followed by another mushroom cloud and then a final HUGE one. it should have that animation for, i think bombard, like an ICBM, but instead of falling, it runs. ill give it 1 bombard range, so itll look just like the run animaation, only it blows up.

4 A HOVERtank thats bluish gray, with machineguns, and it could like sway side to side in the attack, fly up some, sink down, all the while shooting. for death, im thinking it spins around and the guy inside jumps out and lands on his face. the hovertank starts spinning faster and faster and the guy rolls out of the way of a peice of shrapnel, and then the thing snaps falls on him, so that all you can see is a gory head rolling away from a pile of junk :) and then maybe it could blow up? (up to creator)

5 A giant red wheel, with spikes on it, like a mono cycle, where the inside stays put and the outside spins. the atack should be it ramming the target and then firing missiles atatched to the inside part of the wheel. For death, it should fall on its side, and the wheel should still be spinning, maybe it goes forward and back trying to move. any way, then it blows up, something slightly less than a mushroom cloud.

6 A platoon (Thats 16, right? if not then 16) small marines in a square (i always hated having the guerilla unit be bigger than a panzer tank) the front 4 are two pairs of machine guns, the second all have SMGs and the last 2 rows has six marines (counting both rows) some grenading, RPGing, and one comanding. then there are two off to the side, a spotter and a sniper, lying on their stomaches. (this will be a VERY complex buch surely AWSOME "unit") for run animation, they all get up, put away their guns, and and the sniper/spotter moves into the ranks, then they move and set up. (im giving them 1 for movement) now, this is where the wimps should run away, cause its about to get gory :) . For the attack, the SMGs start shooting and the grenadeirs start grenading. the others are loading their weapons. The first guy to die is the farthest right SMGer, and then left guy on the right machine gun team. the machine gunner left picks up the dead SMGer's gun and joins ranks (by now everyones shooting) Now there is an explosion in the front line, sending all the SMGers and the machine gunners flying, with possible limb ripping (this ends phase 1) in Phase 2,
All the RPGers go Rambo and run towards the target, firing RPGs and picking up SMGs.
perhaps that should be in phase one, but them firing could be phase two? because i beleive phase 2 is often repeated.
VICTORY: a helicopter comes and drops new troops in to reenforce the ranks. it should just show men coming down a rope and the blood from battle seeping into the ground.
DEFEAT: the helicopter comes, but gets shot down lands on everybody but the leader, and then the leader pulls out a pistol and kills himself.

If these things are not possible simply state so, but i would very much like to see these bloody, ultra-violent, explosive units out there. And if anybody could like take my idea for marines and make like spearmen? Anyway, i spent about half an hour writing this, and id really like to see somebody make these (especialy muffins) :)

Note: in the mech and tank attacks i would like to see the plating slowly become dented, this should be part of the attacks. Im just looking for gore, explosions, and realism. (mostly gore :mischief: )

Hello my name is st. jimmy and i was just wondering what's yours? :crazyeyes:

Edit: I just had to do that cause im waiting for a sign that someone has even read my earlier post, let alone is gonna take up the challenge

Would someone like to make a german U212 type submarine? I was quite impressed by the technical stats of this boat, so I would like to either replace the nuclear submarine or to ad it under smart weapons for the germans and perhaps some other european countries.

More informations about the U212 can be found here:
U212

Many thanks in advance!

I was wondering if anyone could make a Creeper from Terry Brooks' "Heritage of Shannara" series. If you haven't read them, here's basically a description.

"It was huge, a creature of impossible size...it was formed of hair and sinew and bone, but at the same time of metal plates and bars. There were jagged edges and shiny surfaces...flesh grown into iron. It had the look of a monstrous, misshapen curstacean or worm, but was neither..."
It also has two pincers and claws.

If anyone can make one, I would really be happy.

Might someone be so kind as to make this graphics nOOb a Starship Troopers Arachnid? And if willing a beetle, a flying Arachnid and a plasma shooter? I know the movie sucked, but I think a scenerio of a few mariens fighting against hoards of bugs sounds like fun.

Thank you for considering....

If anyone would do the A-wing i would be grateful. I was going to do it but since i anm not a great designer i have been search desperatley for a complete model. However everyone i have downloaded are incomplete. ie. they all need to have textures applied to them and i dont know how to do that.

Mechanized Units. Walking, treaded or hovering Mechs. That would be nice. But quasi futuristic... say something that look WW2 or Cold War but NOT sci-fi HIGH tech. Low tech mechs. I've seen lots fo great mechs but nothing I can use for a Modern to Future Mod im working on.

Posted this before, but I would really like to see somebody do an Arsenal Ship. Any of you modern naval unit creators feel like doing one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom