New Roads !!

patgarr

Chieftain
I post a new file with modified roads... those are less brown and smaller than the original ones.
enjoy...

replace this file into :

(multi language version)
D:\CIV4\Assets\Art\terrain\routes\roads

use PakBuild.exe to unpack the Art0.FPK file

Attachments

• roadprimitive.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,683
yep sorry... screenshot here

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 19,223
Srig....there are difference...maybe your file installation failed ? i think that screenshot is not perfect ... but in game, the map board is more lighter and the building and units are now visible... the old roads was too dark and bold for me... not balanced with the gfx..

now i can watch all units and the earth view show city and others structure better than before...

i will look to update those roads with another texture.. light and maybe more realistic... i would like modify the schema too...but it s a bit difficult... there are too many circular road i think...

cya

hi, new version of light roads (original size) :

Attachments

• roads_light.zip
    379 KB · Views: 909
  • sky_roads_light.jpg
    sky_roads_light.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 4,930
  • zoom_roads_light.jpg
    zoom_roads_light.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 5,017
And a small size version...

Attachments

• sky_roads_light_small.jpg
    sky_roads_light_small.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 3,016
  • zoom_roads_light_small.jpg
    zoom_roads_light_small.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 2,821
  • roads_light_small.zip
    326.1 KB · Views: 888
Great, the newest one you just posted looks truly paved and is unobtrusive yet easy to see. I think you achieved a great balance.

now those latest roads look good! Nice contrast

Ya know I wonder if there's a way to have the roads update their look when the civilization territory it's in goes through the ages. So if a Civ is at the Ancient age, it would just be a dirty path. But when a Civ goes to the Modern and Future age, the roads turn into tarmac highways with the yellow stripes etc etc.

Ya know I wonder if there's a way to have the roads update their look when the civilization territory it's in goes through the ages. So if a Civ is at the Ancient age, it would just be a dirty path. But when a Civ goes to the Modern and Future age, the roads turn into tarmac highways with the yellow stripes etc etc.

I agree...

We really liked your original light brown roads.

We do not understand about the mentioned Packbuild.exe file.

Where is this file located?

How is the extracted zipfile (road) processed by Packbuild.

We guess our question would be, could you please post a step by step procedure for replacing your road graphic for the original?

Thanks in advance for any assistance in doing this. We are newbies to modding.

Unpacking the Art Pack File:

1. Download the PakBuild.zip file

2. Run the EXE and select the Unpak option

3. Go to your Civ4 directory (default is C:\Program Files\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\) and open up the Assets Directory. Click on the Art0.FPK file and select Open. C:\Program Files\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\Art0.FPK

4. Browse to your Civ4 folder and click on Assets and click Ok

5. Once the unpack finishes, click on the Art0.FPK and press Ctrl-X (or select Edit and then Cut).

6. Move up one directory level so that you are not in the Assets folder and press Ctrl-V (or select Edit and then Paste).

The reason this step is important is that if you do not move the FPK file from the Assets directory it will still find the file and the game will not be modified.

7. Run the game.

Thank you so very much!!! We really appreciated the information, as we were lost when it comes to FPK files/data!

Top Bottom