The Ancient Mediterranean MOD

Ergobyt said:
I copy the files into civ iv dir and load the mod but in single player mode i just can select load savegame, the rest of the options arent enabled.

The only way I've found is to use the Load Scenario option. But when re-loading a saved game later on this causes weirdness - just loading the saved game fails. If I load the scenario and act like I'm starting a new game it works but I have to start the "new" game with the same options as the old one or I'm assigned to a different culture and the game locks up.

I don't think this has anything to do with the mod though - I figure I'm just using the software wrong.

Spirit_Viriato said:
I have a very good pc, and in the last times of the mod, the ralentization is very big. Maybe the mod must to have less civs.

The speed issue should be the same if you play any of the real world maps. We haven't even changed the rules yet! It's just map size and amount of civilizations.

I will aim to reduce the amount of units roaming around the MOD, in order to speed up the game. Thus: Units will cost more upkeep, and there are less gold-increasing buildings.

I've finally completed the TechInfos.xml! :D

Here it is:

Code:
[SIZE="5"][URL="http://www.jan.vandercrabben.name/tam/civ4/CIV4TechInfos.xml"]Mods\The Ancient Mediterranean\Assets\XML\Technologies\CIV4TechInfos.xml[/URL][/SIZE]

Now, as this is the one thing that ties everything together, now we can split workloads!

These are the things that need to be done, and who will do them. If there's nobody doing it and you feel like you could do it, feel free to sign up (by posting)!

- Technology Texts. (Thamis)
- Units. (Karhgath)
- Promotions. (Karhgath)
- Eras - Change names, Ancient -> Industrial = Ancient Age, Bronze Age, Classical Age, Imperial Age, Migration Age. (sign up!)
- Resources - tie their appearance to techs. (sign up!)
- Worker jobs - tie to techs. (sign up!)

When editing any of these, make sure to copy and paste any tech names! A tiny typo can ruin everything.

PS: Karhgath: I added Fishing back in (req. Boat Building), can you put that back into the tech tree please? I also kept the name Recurve Bow instead of Composite Bow.

I will also post this list in the 1st post.

Now the next things we need to think about are:

- Buildings
- Civics

I should have the updated charts + promotions during the night.

As for Archers and city defense... they aren't useful without city walls, so I'll give them city defense promotions at the same time as the first city walls (Masonry... or Palisades with wood working?) Also, early on and before siege warfare, lots of wars were fought outside of the cities, so it wasn't tons of archers on walls defending the cities.

Elephants... they won't get mobility related promotions, so they will never increase their withdraw chance.. but I dunno if 50% is good. They usually panic when they are wounded, so they don't really withdraw, they just flee/disband/rampage. How could we simulate that?

Karhgath said:
As for Archers and city defense... they aren't useful without city walls, so I'll give them city defense promotions at the same time as the first city walls (Masonry... or Palisades with wood working?)
City walls are practically coëval with cities - think Jericho. Realistically, they should come very early.

City Attack: I think only MED and HEA should get it. Archers and javelineers wouldn't really have a chance with battering rams. No shields means that they'd be killed before they get there (not possible to simulate that in CIV, but still).

Woodsman, Guerilla: I think it's possible to give a general combat bonus, not only a defense bonus. If that's possible, I think we should add that. I would remove the City Defence from Guerilla though.

Combat III, IV, V: I think these should only be available to MED, HEA, and CAV, in order to simulate the predominance of these units in the Imperial Migration Age.

Shock: Available to Heavy? I would remove HEA and add MSK there.

Good stuff.

And... what is Flaming Pigs?

What type of buildings can i put in the future document?

-Houses.
-Quarter of arms
-Barn
-Stables

What more?

In the mathery of buildings i have a lot of problems to look information, i suppose a bit of things that in the future document i will coment it.

Let me think:

Normal Buildings
- Holy Site (Nature Cult) +1 :) +1 Culture
- Granary (Pottery) default
- Palisades (Wood Working) +25% defence
- Copper Smithy (Copper Working) +4 XP
- Bronze Smithy (Bronze Working) +6 XP, allows 1 smith
- Iron Smithy (Iron Working) +12 XP, allows 1 smith
- Steel Smithy (Steel) +10 XP, allows 1 smith
- Obelisk (Mysticism) +2 culture
- Library (Writing) +25% science, +2 culture, allows 1 scientist
- Walls (Masonry) +50% defence
- Burial Mound (Burial Grounds) +2 culture, allows 1 priest
- Temple (Polytheism) +1 :), allows 1 priest
- Caravan House (Currency & Urbanization) +10% gold, allows 1 merchant
- Barracks (Urbanization) +4 XP
- Grocer (Currency) +20% gold, +1 health from certain food
- Market (The Market) +25% gold, +1 happy from certain luxuries, allows 2 merchants
- Fortress (Siege Warfare & Construction) +100% defence, reduces collateral dmg
- Public Court (Code of Laws) -50% maintenance
- Palace (Aristocracy) default
- School (Education) +25% science, allows 1 scientist
- Amphitheatre (Architecture & Drama) default Theater
- Ancient Cathedral-Equivalents (Religion & Architecture) default Cathedrals
- Hospital (Medicine) +2 health
- Public Bath (Sanitation) +2 health, +1 health with incense
- Courthouse (Civil Laws) reduces war weariness
- Observatory (Astronomy) default

I think the map ahould be extended a little to the north, at least until it reaches the sea. The northern are is just too small...

An historically innacurate unit from Rome:Total War.

thamis said:
City Attack: I think only MED and HEA should get it. Archers and javelineers wouldn't really have a chance with battering rams. No shields means that they'd be killed before they get there (not possible to simulate that in CIV, but still).

Woodsman, Guerilla: I think it's possible to give a general combat bonus, not only a defense bonus. If that's possible, I think we should add that. I would remove the City Defence from Guerilla though.

Combat III, IV, V: I think these should only be available to MED, HEA, and CAV, in order to simulate the predominance of these units in the Imperial Migration Age.

Shock: Available to Heavy? I would remove HEA and add MSK there.

Good stuff.

You are right for city attack.

As far as I know, only defensive terrain bonus are implemented. We'll certainly be able to add general terrain bonus with a bit of modding. I'll look into it.

I'll change the later combat promos.

I'll remove heavy from shock, I dunno about MSK tho... vs Heavy bonus would be good but shock doesn't make sense.

Flaming pigs are... well, flaming pigs =) They would pour oils on pigs and lit them on fire, then drive them (or catapult them) toward the elephants to scare them off. They go berzerk and run off when they hear them squeal. It has never been proven tho, so it probably never happened.

elhoim said:
I think the map ahould be extended a little to the north, at least until it reaches the sea. The northern are is just too small...

An historically innacurate unit from Rome:Total War.

Actually, no ones really sure. It's alleged that the roman used them at the BC 275 battle of Beneventum to scare of Pyrrhus' elephants. It was probably only flaming scorpions/ballista arrows tho. We can probably remove it, but I always found that funny =)

Do all I need to do to load this mod is download v 0.9...Are there any other versions that I need to downloaded with this? ...Do I need any other unique files beyond the newest patch to play TAM.....Also I saw the previous meesages about someone else having trouble getting this to work.....It still is not real clear to me how to get this working...Since I am a computer novice, could someone kindly spell out step by step what to do once the mod has been downloaded...where to put it, etc...Thank you so much in adavance for your help

DR J

DR J said:
Do all I need to do to load this mod is download v 0.9...Are there any other versions that I need to downloaded with this? ...Do I need any other unique files beyond the newest patch to play TAM.....Also I saw the previous meesages about someone else having trouble getting this to work.....It still is not real clear to me how to get this working...Since I am a computer novice, could someone kindly spell out step by step what to do once the mod has been downloaded...where to put it, etc...Thank you so much in adavance for your help

DR J

You only need to download this MOD, nothing else. Unzip it into your Civilization folder. The best way to launch it is to double-click the TAM map in your PublicMaps folder.

Top Bottom