[mod] Log changes

A problem I noticed but am just now getting around to mentioning. At 4000 BC the autolog states the turn# as 0. Can someone change it so that 4000 BC is considered turn #1?

This problem has more to do with SG's than anything. Tubby's modification to Homegrown's clock mod and this mod are always one turn different. According to Tubby's tweak it'll be turn# 51 while the autolog will say turn# 50.

It appears the clock mod considers 4000 BC as turn# 1 and autolog considers it as turn# 0.

it's in the EventManager.py - open it in notepad or wordpad

it's in this function. search for "def onEndGameTurn" to find it quickly. The bolded stuff is the stuff that I've modified.

def onEndGameTurn(self, argsList):
'Called at the end of the end of each turn'
iGameTurn = argsList[0]
# autolog addition 7/30
#------------------------------------------------------
self.log.write(1, "")
self.turn = gc.getGame().getGameTurn() + 1
self.year = gc.getGame().getTurnYear(gc.getGame().getGameTurn())
self.log.write(0, "", self.year, self.turn)
#------------------------------------------------------

this is the autolog change that should reflect the correct turn (turn 1 for 4000BC) . I just tested it and it appears to put the first turn twice. the rest of the turns were only once and the gameturn +1.

CvEventManager.zip

This should be unzipped and replace your cvEventManager.py in your CustomAssets folder. Make sure that you rename your original mod before you overwrite it with this one. I'll look at the double first turn later, for now it'll have to be a nuisance, sorry.

Hi all,

I have patch 1.52 for CivIV and this very useful autologger. I find tho, that it often (about 1/3 of the time) will not record my user log entries (ALT-E). I type a string of sentences, and hit OK, and I don't see it echoed in the log (i.e. it does not appear in the file, and it does not show up in the event log on the left side). It is quite inconsistent; within the same game it will sometimes work and sometimes not. Would this be due to changes in v1.52?

Love the tool, otherwise :)

thx!

Greg

@Greg: One thing with the autolog is make sure you mouse over the 'Ok' and that it is highlighted. When I first started using this mod I didn't do that. Instead I just hit enter and it didn't always work.

Mousing over the ok and clicking the mouse is a guaranteed way to get it to work.

Methos said:
@Greg: One thing with the autolog is make sure you mouse over the 'Ok' and that it is highlighted. When I first started using this mod I didn't do that. Instead I just hit enter and it didn't always work.

Mousing over the ok and clicking the mouse is a guaranteed way to get it to work.

Ah, that's gotta be it. I'm just so used to just hitting ENTER :( . Thx for the note!

Is there are version of this mod for 1.09 or 1.52? The cvutil.py in the first post doesn't contain the 1.09 scoring change for difficulty. Not sure if there are other changes missing as well...

Dianthus said:
Is there are version of this mod for 1.09 or 1.52? The cvutil.py in the first post doesn't contain the 1.09 scoring change for difficulty. Not sure if there are other changes missing as well...

I'm not sure, and the author hasn't come back. Eotinb stated he'd be away for a while and wouldn't be able to work on it.

I didn't realize this mod had anything to do with score?

The mod doesn't intentionally change the score, but it changed cvutil.py which includes the "getScoreComponent" function. That function changed in 1.09, but the version of that function in the mod is the 1.00 version.

Hi all. Still traveling for the holidays, but finally able to check in. The new version that is in the works will eliminate most patch-related problems. The problem is that I will only be back at home for a few hours before I fly out for a job, so I probably won't have time to polish up the new code and release it properly. I think what I'll do is release what I have and encourage someone with more time on his/her hands and basic knowledge of Python to fix it up proper. There seem to be enough people like that in this thread that finding one shouldn't be too hard. As for the specific issues related to Cvutil.py -- IIRC, there is only one or two lines added to that file, so it would be very easy to put those in the 1.52 version of the file.

Off topic, but I'm curious about the changes in the new patch -- I've read the readme and some of the patch thread, but it's hard to filter out just stuff that affects modding -- anyone want to give me a short version of changes that either incorporate ideas from modders or affect future modding?

Went back through this thread and noticed a few things I had either forgotten about or missed, and decided to add them.

Growth Alarm: I liked this so put it back in. The explanation on how to install it can be found in post #193.

Requies’s Enter/Return Fix: I can’t believe I missed this. I couldn’t stand having to mouse over the ‘Ok’ every time I entered a custom entry. You can find this awesome fix in post #211.

@Eotinb: One suggestion would be to link posts with alternate fixes/methods in your first post. Trying to go through and locate all of these could be a pain. Plus, if you didn’t even know they existed why would you search the entire thread for them? It would make things much easier and user friendly if you did.

Another fix/adjustment I did was DaveShack’s mention of the indentation of a line in the EventManager. I recall it being #25 out of 30. When I tried to add it to the above I couldn’t find it again. I believe it was somewhere in the first ten pages.

We've had a number of HOF players wanting to use this mod. We're looking to make a "HOF" mod that includes this and other mods that HOF users are particularly desperate for. I hope that's alright eotinb!

I've created new versions of CvEventManager.py/CvUtil.py based on the 1.52 versions that include the "OK" fix and DaveShack's fix mentioned by Methos above. I've attached these.

For the "HOF" mod we're also moving the paths/options out of the autolog.py into an .ini file as changes to .py count as asset changes when "No Cheating" is turned on. I think this is also going to be important for GOTM and the demogames as they're both interested in this mod.

[Edit]
Attachment removed due to bug. See post #278 below for a corrected version.
[/edit]

Dianthus said:
For the "HOF" mod we're also moving the paths/options out of the autolog.py into an .ini file as changes to .py count as asset changes when "No Cheating" is turned on. I think this is also going to be important for GOTM and the demogames as they're both interested in this mod.

This is nice to hear, as I was really wanting to use this mod with GOTM. Thanks for the update with patch 1.52.

I like this mod, and i was happy when i saw an update to version 1.52, but when I load the game I get an error (I hope you can see the picture)

can any one help me with my problem?

Happy New Year
Ajes

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 354
Ooops, sorry about that! I put:
Code:
if (popupReturn.getButtonClicked() =! 1):

rather than:
Code:
if (popupReturn.getButtonClicked() != 1):

Find attached the corrected versions.

Attachments

• files.zip
    12.8 KB · Views: 262
@Dianthus: No problem using autolog or some kind of modified version for GotM. The idea originally came from the GotM forum anyway. Given that I'll be out of the loop for a while, it would be unreasonable for me to expect to keep total control over autolog, and I have no desire to do so anyway. In fact, I'd be perfectly happy if Firaxis eliminated the need for the mod by incoporating the same functionality into a future patch. As I said before, when I get home I'll post what I have so far in the way of a newer version and leave it to others to incoporate other changes (enter fix) and just clean everything up. The main advantage of the new version is that it uses proper inheritance to avoid the need to update autolog every time a new patch comes out.

Top Bottom