[MOD] Realism:Resurrected

Simetrical said:
Realistically, Open Borders shouldn't allow military units in. You should have to have a separate agreement for that.

that's the solution to our problem, Kristine ;)
so the question now is... is it possible to add a new "open military borders" option ?

The Great Apple said:
I get this when the game tries to play a video which doesn't exist... probably a bad link somewhere.

Yep, it's a bad link. In the file Mods/Realism/Assets/XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Movie.xml, change all instances of the directory name "Lost Wonders" to "Realism". I just fixed this in the current release.

--Kristine

roofio86 said:
But it seems to happen randomly during gameplay tho
I don't know the answer to this problem. Perhaps it is a movie related problem. Try fixing the links I mentioned or disabling movies and see if that helps.

--Kristine

[to_xp]Gekko said:
that's the solution to our problem, Kristine ;)
so the question now is... is it possible to add a new "open military borders" option ?

Conceivably it's possible to add this as a tradable option, but it's currently not possible to enable the effects we'd like.

--Kristine

Houman said:
Hello,

I like this Mod. However is it possible to include abbamouse Religious Mod into this one? abbamouse Mod gives a very realistic flavor to the religions.

How can I include it meanwhile for myself? Please help
Many thanks
Houman

Houman, at this time I'm not particularly inclined to add the religious mod, largely because it makes changes to so many files. You can include it yourself by simply merging abbamouse's changes with my mod, but I can tell you up front that it's going to be a considerable task.

Perhaps when the religious mod is stable and largely done will I consider it.

--Kristine

Hey, on others forums, people said me that isn't the 1.52patch which making the OOS error. So i hope you will can fix this :p I think this is an integrated mod which cause problems. Did you ever had some OOS errors with the 0.60 version ?

Kristine,

It is really not easy to integrate the mod. I try to upload the XML files on a Unix system and will try the diff command to see the changes. Otherwise it is impossible to find all changes. If it works I will let you know. :)

Houman

dbkblk said:
Hey, on others forums, people said me that isn't the 1.52patch which making the OOS error. So i hope you will can fix this :p I think this is an integrated mod which cause problems. Did you ever had some OOS errors with the 0.60 version ?

Like I said, I don't play MP, so I NEVER got the OOS error. :) But I didn't hear of any other people having OOS problems in any of the versions I've released. I think you might have to discusss this with my good friend Exavier. He knows everything. ;)

--Kristine

Houman said:
Kristine,

It is really not easy to integrate the mod. I try to upload the XML files on a Unix system and will try the diff command to see the changes. Otherwise it is impossible to find all changes. If it works I will let you know. :)

Houman

I told you so!!! :) Actually, I use a Linux system to do all my integration, with Emacs as my editing and diff tool. It's also where I keep everything under source code control.

--Kristine

KGrevstad said:
I told you so!!! :) Actually, I use a Linux system to do all my integration, with Emacs as my editing and diff tool. It's also where I keep everything under source code control.

--Kristine

I just downloaded Emacs for Windows. It works great, only it seems that I have to download the diff tool seperately. Any idea where I could get it from for windows?

Thanks
Houman

First of all, I think your Mod is the best, however, after player a game I was missing something. What I was missing where more intermediate units between certain key units.

I therefore added the following units:
- Dragoon (situated between Knight and Cavalry, using cavalry graph)
- Trebushet & Bombard (situated between Catapult and Cannon)

We also needed some aditional units for more realistic gameplay
- AntiTank kannon (Defence only, +50% vs Armored units, using artilery graph)
- Selfpropeled Artilery (Double movement)

Some units were altered to increase strategic realism
- All artilery units gain 25% advantage versus soft infantry targets (meglee, anchers, firearm unirs)
All cavalry units gain 25% bonus siege units, (making them more effective defending or artacking siege units)
- All firearm units gain 25% bonus city attack (making them realisticly more effective assaulying cities)
- Crossbowman gain 25% bonus vs Knights (crossbow bols could easily penetrade armor knights)
-Longbowman gains 25% bonus vs anchery units when attacking (missile bombardment)
- Swordman gains 25% bonus versus Anchers (making them more effective attacking ancher located in cities then macemen)
- War elephant gain trapling bonus (max 3 unit calateral damage) making them more effective agains stacks
- Horse ancher +50% more effective versus War elephants (Dhendis Khan defeated persian War elephants with ease by running in circles around elephanhts)
- Nuclear weapons damage increased by 50%to justify their high political costs

@KGrevstad - in responce to the previous poster I have a question. Have the Howitzer (Modern Artillary) and the Mobile SAM Truck been added into realism yet or not?

I pulled the Howitzer out of Lost Units Mod and was pointed to the models for the Mobile SAM (yes both have unique models that were in the vanilla release but not given code for) which will be in the next version of my mod if you need a copy of them.

hehe well guess i will prepare the code as I know this will be wanted :p

What do you consider an ultimate mod? Cause even helping out with other mods is nice. Heck I offered to help with this one and I have also been cutting out parts of my own code for Sevo's mod :p

Exavier said:
hehe well guess i will prepare the code as I know this will be wanted :p

What do you consider an ultimate mod? Cause even helping out with other mods is nice. Heck I offered to help with this one and I have also been cutting out parts of my own code for Sevo's mod :p

Well, That would be the Realism mod, combined with SevoMod and some of own ideas

Fanatic Demon said:
Well, That would be this mod, combined with my own ideas and some cultural imodification deas found in other mods.

Personally i consider my mod the ultimate mod :p
I've added 16 new units to the game (i don't remember if i included the units from the WW2 era i added in for the next update) :p

Houman said:
I just downloaded Emacs for Windows. It works great, only it seems that I have to download the diff tool seperately. Any idea where I could get it from for windows?

Thanks
Houman

If you're using GNU Emacs, it has a built in diff facility. Put up the two files in two windows and use M-x compare-windows and it will place the cursor at the first difference it finds. Move each window's cursor to a new place of concurrence and then you can run compare-windows again to find the next difference.

As for external diff programs, I know there's kdiff3 which is available on sourceforge, and it has a windows executable.

--Kristine

Top Bottom