LINESII- Into the Darkness

MjM said:
aint it past your bedtime,

Dude, Iggy is practically grounded in his bed. :rolleyes:

He has reached a level of NES meditation unheard of (Ascended NESer) and can therefore stay awake for aeons, updating at his whim.

Arright, after many delays such as the arctic winter games and major knee surgery, LINESII rumbles back to life.

BTW, did I tell any of you that I came home with a medal for team relay?

I helped the team win the tough heat and semi, then got injured on the same day as the final. But my team still managed to win, running a three-man relay against 2 other 4-man teams.

Oh, does anyone know how I could upload a video clip? Because I've got video footage of the crash.

Actually, you don't see any blood, as the camera pans off with the guys who don't fall. Then the race gets called off (a rare occurrence) and the clip ends.

Although you can see me impaling my poor right knee on Nathan (the alaskan)'s skate.

I don't think I'll ever get the feeling back in my knee. I reckon there's been some nasty nerve damage.

And I think I'm going to be missing another week of school.

Anyway, I'm writing this because my mom is using the good computer that I do updates on, while I'm using the POC Windows 98 that's next to my bed. It freezes an average of 4 times a day. 9 times yesterday was the record. I lost 2 stories and a set of orders!!! :(

Did I mention I have dial up? A windows 98 on dial up.

Wooo, scary huh?

Anyhoo, the update is about half done. I still have to mention the Eldranian Crusade and the Gorin/Yath al'Shanaal conflict.

Almost done? ;)

I want impatience points!

Update 4: Years 388-450: Schisms of Faith

With the foundation of Emor, the Assemblum of Veritas was naturally quite annoyed. Land they had expected to gain after the fall of Zibon was suddenly claimed by a group of barbarians.

Veritas couldn't declare war on fellow followers of the Church of the One. But they devised a plan to take over the nation peacefully.

With a massive force, the legions of Veritas marched into the lands of Emor. But it was not death they brought. It was rich gifts. All the Veritasans asked for them to swich their loyalties to Veritas.

Many of the Emorans accepted gratefully, but Zibonese in Emor refused it, and many feared what Lord Emrus would do if they turned on their leader. It would be up to him what was done.

The Veritasans approached Emrus with their richest offer yet. The position of Stratikrator, governor of the proposed Veritasan province of Emoria.

Knowing that his people were in support of merger with Veritas, and that one could not fight without the backing of his people, Emrus accepted. Emor was absorbed into the ever-growing republic of Veritas.

But the fire of Emoran spirit lives on. While they live contently enough under the rule of the Assemblum, a large number of Emorans itch to leave, and live once again under their own rule.

The Veritasans are now considering on continuing the House of One, a great temple started by the Emorans prior to their peaceful takeover.

The copper around former Zang (now called 'Lux' by the Veritasans) has begun to be mined out of the hills. This has both significantly strengthened the weaponry of Veritas and turned Lux into a major city.
(+Lux Economic Center, Veritas enters Copper Age)

(Sorry this had to happen TerrisH. But you can still lead a good fraction of the Emoran population away from Veritas to found a new Emoran nation somewhere. I doubt that Thlayli will attempt to stop that, as he invaded with an oath to not harm the people of Emor.)

The war between Gorin and Yath al'Shanaal, now being called the Crystalic War, continues. Gorin wasted no time in training all of their forces in the use of spears. The second these forces were trained, Gorin wasted no time in charging directly at the Yath al'Shanaal capital of Ruby with a massive army, taking the route just south of the great bend in the River Wardash.

The Gorin charged at what looked like heavy fortifications at the Yath al'Shanaal border, with every expectation for a majour battle to occur. But much to their surprise, there were almost no defenders there at all. The weak defense there was easily overrun, and the enemy capital city of Ruby was in sight.

This was disastrous for the Yath al'Shanaal. They had prepared a funnel-shaped trap consisting of most of their army to surround and force the Gorin into surrender. But this trap had been set up halfway along the River Wardash border, just to the north of Ruby.

Their forces scrambled southwards to save their barely-defended capital. But Gorin beat them to it. The Gorin army immediately told the citizens that they meant them no harm, and that they would be treated well for as long as Gorin had to occupy the city. The Gorin then fortified the walls and prepared to fight off the Yath al'Shanaal counterattack.

High Priest Viski Lasi was captured in his palace's wine cellar, too inebriated to notice that he had been captured. Much to the Gorin army's amusement, he staggered up to the city's walls and ordered 'his' forces to hold off the 'Gorin' invaders outside of the city walls.

After giving Gorin enough of a laugh, Viski Lasi was returned to one of the stone circles, another one of his favourite drinking places.

The Battle for Ruby was quite bad for the Yath al'Shanaal in almost every way. Their enemy had equal numbers, greater preparation and supplies, better weaponry and a powerful defensive position.

But they had great motivation. They had seen their beloved leader shouting something at them from the city walls. The Yath al'Shanaal forces feared that the Gorin were torturing him, now that he was out of sight. The truth was that Viski Lasi was drinking more, and ordering 'his' forces to "Throw the bad wine at 'em!!!"

The Yath al'Shanaal were willing to fight to the death here. But it was not to be.

Before any majour fighting took place, the Yath al'Shanaal sent out their general to parley with the Gorin. The truce is still in effect, as the two sides discuss their differences and attempt to settle a peace offer.

The Qua'laen Jal have created a majour division in the Crystalic Church. Their nation now practices Neo-Crystalism, an offshoot of the religion that has a far greater focus on death, and other things that the regular Crystalic Church pay less attention to.

The nomads of Nurmafer have begun to settle down. They have founded their capital of Turfar at the rocky headwaters of the River Khim, and explored through the vast realm that they believe will someday be theirs. In these explorations, they have discovered the eroded southern end of the Crystal Ridge mountains. These mountains are extremely rich in resources, and a whole city, named Mafar, has formed around their mining.
(+Mafar Economic Center)

Khemri has continued to expand up the River Khim, building the cities of Nikkal and Rae. Hearing of recent mettalurgical discoveries in Veritas, the Khemri have also begun to work with the metals found in the Crystal ridge mountains. While they have been mining it for some time, it is only now that copper is being used practically. Khemri is on the verge of entering the copper age.

The city of Said, being the gate between Khemri and most of the other nations of the world, has become a focal point for trade.
(+Said Economic Center)

Kehexou has built the city of Tregnau to give the government a presence back on the mainland, and this has eased the pressures developing between mainlanders and islanders.

But this problem was brought back soon afterwards. The religion of Oundainty, a belief system involving gods of Creation, Sky, Earth, and Sea, appeared and began to gain popularity on the island. And more importantly, in the government. Meanwhile, Khemri Polytheism had become the primary religion on the mainland. With the chiefs on the island dictating policy and now religion on the mainland, it seems that conflict will not be far off.

There has been huge exploration around the surrounding seas. The island they are colonizing has been completely explored, and so have several nearby islands.

A colony has been established in some of the dry lands south of Khemri.

For over a century, 1000 displaced Zibonese wandered aimlessly through the lands of the world, migrating to a legendary land in the north, where they would finally fit in.

They found the place.

In the far north of the known world, the Nkondi and many other dark-skinned tribes live. The Zibonese once again had a home.

The city of Zwsae was founded where the plains begin to give away to the forests of the north. Many of the nearby barbarians have joined the Zibonese, swelling the population. But nowhere near the level it was at prior to the Veritasan invasion.

Brahmanism has become the dominant religion in Mogul lands, and has begun to catch on in the barbarians bordering them.

Heavy Gerber trade with Khemri has caused the Migra-Said route to become highly profitable.
(+Migra Economic Center)

The Aneyans have completed the School of Great thought in their metropolis of Tigot. Their city has become an object of admiration from intellectuals as far away as Veritas.
(Did I get the expansion right erez? Sorry if I didn't)

The Eldranian invasion of the 'demons' has finally made a majour breakthrough. The Gargari believed that they were winning the war, and let down their guard. The stalemate at the Duality pass continued, and it seemed like it would for many more years.

Until a surprise midnight Eldranian attack hit the Gargari from behind. An elite force of spearmen struck the Gargari from behind, and the main force simultaneously attacked the front.

Under normal circumstances, the Gargari would have probably been capable of repelling even this dangerous attack. But at the time of the attack, many of them were engaged in a celebration of the season, leaving their lines more lightly defended then they should have been.

Many Gargari fell in the first minutes of the attack, and some stealthy Eldranians managed to extinguish the campfires. Confusion reigned, some Gargari raced for what they thought were their fires, only to discover with horror that the lights they saw were those of the Eldranian army.

The Gargari army holding the pass was routed, while the Eldranians suffered only minimal casualties.

As the Gargari, and all other observing nations, sat stunned by this victory, the Eldranians conquered and killed all of the former Dula-Hathran lands.
(-5000 Gargari Warriors, -1 confidence, -17 000 population; -500 Eldranian Spearmen, +1 confidence,

The city of Eldranos, being both excellent for farming and a center of Eldrania, has developed into the economic center of its nation.
(+Eldranos Economic Center)

Confidence in the Kalmar Union wanes as the House of Odin stays still while great events in other nations take place.
(-1 confidence)

Map- What else is there to say?

All Religious and Cultural centers give a +1 Culture boost this turn.

Note to Thlayli: Your spearmen get an attack boost, but not your skirmishers. Copper is still too valuable to waste on throwing spears.

well.. thats blob expansion.. I said straight lines expansion towards the barbarians and mountains, while it's ok you did it in blob formation... I guss.. you didn't expanded me at all to the mountains...

I assume stats not updated yet, btw Tigot not a cultural center yet with all culture and that? :p

umm so i guess i took their capital?... ah yes i see it, well top notch update Iggy my friend (and by that i mean I WON I WON!!) so person who controls that nation im fighting, peace now? please pwetty pwease *puppy dog eyes*

Ach. I was actually expecting Ruby to become a Religious Center, but I'm glad that didn't happen now. :p

To: Gorin

Sure. This whole affair was a bad mistake started by our beloved but heavily drunk leader. Since few lives were lost in our conflict, and Ruby is still intact, we are willing to make peace with you. Furthermore, we will swear an oath not to attack you in the future, and help Gorin in any military conflicts. Will you trade land for peace? :) Trade will also be welcome. :D

NOTE: Changing ruler from Priest Viski Lasi to Father Edwyni Sari. The former retired... to his wine cellar. :p

Great update, Iggy!

To: People of Emoria

We welcome you into Veritas. Only through a unified nation, guided by Order, can we succeed in making Tellus a paradise. This is how we will organize Emoria. All Emorian males will, as in Veritas, choose an Emorian Assemblum, which will govern the province. They will submit two among them to attend the High Assemblum in Veritas itself, as equal members. Your Assemblum will be subordinate to the will of the Assemblum Popularum Veritasum, but we will give it a free hand in governing the province of Emoria.

Top Bottom