Getting scenario units in game

Magic Mushroom

Chieftain
beofre i start, i am running C3C vanilla.

is it possible to get the units in scenarios in to the regular game?? i want units like samuri archers and legionarys III in the regular game.

i am a total noob at moding civilazation, never done it before, but i do have skills inTXT editing.(ie, i dont screw up much)

First of all, DL the patch. It fixes the problems in regular C3C.

Second of all, what specifically about adding units do you need help on?

wel thr reason that i have not downloaded the patch is cause of very slow internet. would take forever + slow comp, it wouldtake forever to install.

[q]Second of all, what specifically about adding units do you need help on?[/q]

wel, i have no idea of how to take the units from the scenerios and put them into the regular game.

To add the units from the scenarios to your normal epic game is pretty easy.

1) Open up the scenario biq (It sits in the conquest\scenario folder) file and note down the specification of each of the unit you want for your epic game.
2) Open up a blank biq file. Under scenario select custom rules. Go under the unit tab and add the relevent unit together with the stats that you have copied earlier. Save the biq file as Mymodname.biq in the scenario folder
3) Create a subfolder : Conquest\Scenario\Mymodname
4} Create a subfolder : Conquest\Scenario\Mymodname\txt
5) Copy the PediaIcon.txt from Conquest\txt folder to the subfolder you created in step (4)
6) Open the scenario PediaIcon.txt (it sits in Conquest\Scenario\ScenarioName\txt folder) file and copy each of the entries related to your added unit/units
7) Open the PediaIcon.txt that you copied in steo (5) and paste the entries one by one
8) Launch Conquest. You should now find your Mymodname under Civ content.

A word of caution though. Units' strenght in the various scenarios were tailored for that particular scenario and is usually not compatible with other units in a normal game. For example if you were to use the Samurai Swordsman in Sengoku (7.7.1 I believe) in a normal game then Japan will rule the world as no other unit in that era has that kind of attack and defense value. ;) So you need to think what sort of A/D/M point each added unit should have in order to keep the game balanced. :D

Ok, first DL the units.
For the purpose of this instruction, the unit I will be adding will be a zombie unit.

Names of the same color may be changed, but must be the same throughout!

1. Make a folder for your scenario, Zombie Hordes in your "Scenarios" Folder in the Conquests folder.
2. Make a folder called "Art" in the Zombie Hordes folder.
3. Make a folder called "Units" in the Art folder.
4. Make a folder called "Text" in the Zombe Hordes folder.
5. Make a folder called "Civilopedia" in the Art folder.
6. Make a folder called "Icons" in the Civilopedia folder.
7. Make a folder called "Units" in the Icons folder.
8. Go to the Conquests folder, go to the text folder, then copy the Civpedia and the Pedia Icons txt files, and paste them into the Text folder in the Zombie Hordes folder.
9. Go to the Conquests folder, go to the art folder, then the units folder, and copy the Units_32.pcx file, and paste it into your Units folder, in the Art folder, in the Zombie Hordes folder.
10. Open up the Units_32.pcx picture provided in the unit downloaded. Copy and paste it into an empty square the Units_32.pcx in your Zombie Hordes/Art/Units folder. Save it.

11. Create your Scenario.
12. Click on the Scenario Properties button. (Hand with the notecard thingy)
13. Type in "Zombie Hordes" in the Scenario search folders place.

14. Go to the Units tab and add your unit. Name the unit.
15. Give it the correct stats and abilities, and find the correct units_32 icon in the icons box.
16. Type in "PRTO_Zombie_Mutant" in the Civilopedia entry line.

17. Open up the Civpedia.txt file in your Zombie Hordes/Text folder.
18. Find "#PRTO_Smoke-Jaguar" in the Civpedia.txt file.
19. After Smoke Jaguar's entry, type in:
#PRTO_Zombie_Mutant
^
^
^<Type in description here.>
#DESC_PRTO_Zombie_Mutant
^
^
^<Type in historical reference here>
20. Save the file, and open up the Pediaicons.txt file in your Zombie Hordes/Text folder.
21. Find: "#ICON_PRTO_Mobile_SAM" in the Pediaicons.txt file.
22. After the entry for the Mobile Sam, go and type in:
#ICON_PRTO_Zombie_Mutant
art\civilopedia\icons\units\<insert pedia icon large name for your unit here>
art\civilopedia\icons\units\<insert pedia icon small name for your unit here>
23. Find "#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Mobile_SAM" in the Pediaicons.txt file.
24. After the entry for the mobile sam, go and type in:
#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Zombie_Mutant
Zombie
25. Then save and exit.

26. Go and copy the Pediaicons large and Pediaicons small of the unit into your Zombie Hordes/Art/Civilopedia/icons/units folder.
27. Copy and paste the unit animations (the folder "Zombie" containing all of the unit files you just downloaded) to your Zombie Hordes/Art/Units folder. Rename the .ini file in "Zombie" folder to "Zombie.ini" if necessary.
28. Save the Scenario and exit.

29. Test the Scenario!

Ok, but I use black so it's fine for me.

Fixed.

Hi, I followed the steps, but i don't know where to find the things for step 10, i tried to open up unit_32 picture, but it says that i need a specfic program, any idea?

Also where do i find pediaicons large and small? Also Animation?

Hi, I followed the steps, but i don't know where to find the things for step 10, i tried to open up unit_32 picture, but it says that i need a specfic program, any idea?

Also where do i find pediaicons large and small? Also Animation?

Irfanview is a very good free application, at least to convert it to other file formats. (I'm poor, and am too lazy to figure out how to use fancy free things like GIMP, so I use MS paint and Irfanview to do everything)

A fool proof way to fix it, is to export the palette of the units_32 file to something (image, palette, export palette..., specify name to save it), and then convert the whole file to a .png file (File, Save as..., specify as PNG file and name it).

Then convert the individual unit_32 file provided in the unit download (that you should have gotten from the unit; if not, you'll have to create a 32x32 pixel graphic surrounded by the magic pink color thing in red civ color, yourself, or live without it) with the same method, though you can skip the palette exporting.

Then open up both, copy and paste the converted downloaded unit_32 file into a blank square on the original converted unit_32 file, and save it.

Then open up the unit_32.png file that you just added the unit to with Irfanview, and import the palette you exported (image, palette, import palette..., find the palette you just exported), and then save it back to a .pcx file (File, Save as..., specify as PNG file and name it units_32)

Pediaicons large and small are in the unit you downloaded. They should also be a .pcx file. The large one is usually larger in size (4-8kb), 128x128 pixels large or says large, LG, l, or some incarnation of it. The small one is usually smaller in size (2-4kb), 32x32 pixels large or says small, SM, s, or some other incarnation of it.

The animation is the unit you downloaded. If you didn't download a unit, I seriously wonder how you plan to add a unit without actually downloading it. :p

Top Bottom