• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

RB16 - The Renny Teamer

1850AD (IT): I want to see if I can finish off the Mongols before the domination limit is reached. By my best guess, they have 4 cities left. I send a few Cossacks into the breach to quickly locate our cities, all while pulling our injured troops back up to the front lines. We don't have time for dilly dallying! This will be a heavy casualty war, the true Russian way!

This strategic road allows our Cossacks to meet their pals by Old Sarai. Attacking from diagonals with mounted units is usually faster.

1855AD (1): Here is a look at two of the Mongolian cities I found. None of them look too imposing.

1860AD (2): Old Sarai falls without any problems, and I raze it to the ground. Beshbalik is softened up, and many Cossacks are in range for next turn.

1865AD (3): Beshbalik is razed to the ground. Karakorum's defenses are bombed to 0 and I attack, but am 1 Cossack short of taking it this turn. But it will fall for sure IT to our French pals. I hope I can get the final Mongolian city, Turfan, in time, but it may take 2 turns, which may be 1 turn too many.

1870AD (4): As expected, Karakorum falls IT. I cannot reach Turfan, but have 20 Cossacks in range for next turn. We are 1.14% short of domination. :mischief:

IT- :crazyeye: :lol:

Thanks to the team for a fun game. I hope you enjoyed giving the AI a rare beat down on a decent level. I may run another Renny teamer SG without using the "GP Shortcut," for a better taste of the era.

Here is the final auto save for anyone who is interested.

A rare beat down indeed. Lots of fun had by this old monk.

Speaker said:
Not sure what you mean by replay save?

It's located in your Sid Meir's Civilization 4/Replays/ folder. You'll see a list of Replay files in it from every game you've finished. Your personal HoF uses these replay files in order to display your HoF games. If you upload the Replay file from that folder and I download it to my Replay folder it will automatically appear in my personal HoF.

I hope I was clear enough.

Top Bottom