How do you give Buildings animation?????

I'm pretty sure it's possible. There is a <bAnimated> flag in the building art defines, and some of the default buildings have it enabled.

Having said that, I have no idea how you would go about doing it.

Yea your right it is possible but is there any way to set up the animation order like if something is used, how to allow it to play the animations when something is happening?

What buildings already have animation? Can you work backwards from there?

I've found a lot of interesting tidbits in the LPlot (sp?) XML files for terrain and city layout. (For example, that's where the many states of wineries -- unimproved/unworked, unimproved/worked, improved/unworked, improved/worked). I suggest start by looking there.

What happens if you put a structure that you KNOW is animated (e.g., the oil well) in as a city building?

The question is do you want to use it as city building or as improvement.
For city buildings you do of course not have an trigger when it is used, but the improvements are animated like units. with eventcodes and all this.

So like Padmewan asked, Can you make game improvements as city buildings?
I was thinking of makeing Improvements and then have them in the city, and lets say play it animation when its bieng used.

Lets say you need an archery range to build an archer and you built an archery range, but your in the process of building an archer, I want some form of animation to happen when its building the archer.

Edit: How do i give the building its setup for animation. do i use the MD? What code (ec_1000) do i use?

I am pretty sure that you cannot switch animations for city buildings based on what you are doing in the city, unfortunateley, as they are placed by that strage LSystem things. But of course i would like to be proven wrong.

the animation sequences available for improvements are:
default: ec_0
off: ec_1
notworked: ec_2
on: ec_3

and yes you use the MD as for units.

Top Bottom