Civ4 Warlords - Sound Glitches

godpuppet

Chieftain
Is anyone getting any sound glitches?

When I reach modern age (mech inf etc etc) I start to get what sounds like TV static. It lasts about a second, but hella annoying...

Is this common?

I just had a sound glitch. My sound is very loud (because of the game) but when it glitched it was very loud and it scared the **** out of me.

Still shocked

I am having the same problem. I have a Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS, winXP. I upgraded to the latest drivers from the Creative website hoping that it would resolve the issue but it continues to happen. I also changed the sound settings in game, it was on mono by default for some reason, I changed it to discrete 5.1 and the problem continues. No other problems with the game. No problems at all with 1.61.

The problem does not start until the modern age. It is not only mech inf but other modern units in combat will randomly cause a very loud static sound for a few seconds.

Anyone have a suggestion?

godpuppet and StreetX do you also have a SB Audigy?

EXACT same problem with me. Played fine till Modern Age, then averaged about once every half hour, making me crap myself when it did it the first time. Lasts about 1-2 seconds, then regular music resumes perfectly fine.

Athlon 64 3800+
Geforce 7900 GT
2GB RAM
ON Board Realtek Audio through my MSI K8n Neo4 Platinum.

(no audigy installed!)

heres how to fix it.

There's a typo (?) in Audio3dscripts.xml, in Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Assets\XML\Audio-folder. Search for "yawn". It should be the third yawn down

Notice how iMinvolume in "AS3D_UN_YAWN_VOX_LOW" is actually larger than iMaxvolume. Replace 75 with 50 or something, and the noise goes away. Apparently the yawning of the SAM's was causing this to happen.

All credit of this should be given to Tattila the Hun as he/she found this on apolytons site. I did this for myself and works perfectly now

thank both of you, that problem was very irritating...

Thanks a lot! This thread should be stickied! Does Firaxis already know about this, so that they can include this fix in the warlords patch?

Thanks for the fix. This glitch was annoying me to no end. It managed to scare the heck outta me every single time, even when my headphones were on the table, the sound was so loud.

THANK YOU!!! This was so annoying. I thought artillerys do that, i even played modern ages without sound. Thanx for the solution :)

I've got the sound problem too. Now I can't play Warlords at night because of that!

Onboard soundcard.

Regards,
Arto.

I can't for the life of me find AS3D_UN_YAWN_VOX_LOW in audioscripts3d - could someone point me in the general direction (near the top, middle, bottom) of this line in the file - thanks.

Norseman2 said:
Use Edit>Find and type in the text you're looking for.
Thank you - you learn something new every day. Unfortunately, I have an outstanding problem - iminvolume is already lower than imaxvolume. The fix suggests that iminvolume needs to be changed from 75 to 50 or so, but my iminvolume is 45 by default. I'm wondering where to go next in terms of altering the xml file - any suggestions?

DsevenO said:
Thank you - you learn something new every day. Unfortunately, I have an outstanding problem - iminvolume is already lower than imaxvolume. The fix suggests that iminvolume needs to be changed from 75 to 50 or so, but my iminvolume is 45 by default. I'm wondering where to go next in terms of altering the xml file - any suggestions?

Make sure you use Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Assets\XML\Audio\Audio3dscripts.xml

I noticed when I went into my regular civ audio folder the iminvolume was 45. It was only 75 in the warlords folder (well, 75 until I made it 50).

Top Bottom