• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The Ancient Mediterranean MOD (TAM)

Hello,

Congratulations to the team that worked on this mod. It seems to be a fine piece of work. I am a long time fan of Civ, Civ II and Civ III - I have played a lot of the latter using Rhye's mod as well as DyP. I wanted to play something different, with C3C, before going on to Civ IV later. TAM just does it for now.
Note: self installation from the C3C scenarios folder was absolutely effortless. Good job!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I though I would play my first game with a challenge: Nubians in demi-god, absolutely no re-loading allowed. Well, I got my challenge alright!

The year is 1925BC, 123 turns played already and I am not a pretty sight. Egypt is one of the strongest civs, as usual; they had already 4 cities I had not yet migrated from Meroë. They colonized the entire Nile valley from the delta down to the Sudanese border. Going north was not an option for me unless waging a war, which I would have lost (note: plague from floodplains hit just before I could build my 1st settler which prevented me to move north in the area of Aswan). So I moved to south Sudan, Erythrea, Ethiopia so far - 5 cities only while Egypt has 13, Berbers have 10 and Carthage 8. The piece of the map I got is mainly desert and mountains, I am lagging back in science like never before. Basically it seems impossible to turn the game around, but I like tough challenges so I will carry on. My plan is to push to 8 cities on the coast of the Red Sea and westerwards to Chad, and to mobilize an immense army of workers to get the best of my tiny territory. When the time is right, probably towards the end of Hellenic era if I have not been attacked by then, I will try to storm on Egypt with all my forces - since I cannot be attacked neither from south (end of map), east (red sea) nor west (Sahara) - and go as far north in their territory as I can.

Should be fun. There are still 30 civs left in play, Israel got wiped out early by the Babs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again for the mod.

Thamis: I went on the civ3 forum with the TAM section and saw one of the guys had a project for a TAM in Africa only. Any news of where this project went? Abandonned?

Cheers
Ex

I've seen you identify Iberia with Tartessos althought that's not correct at all.

I'm a Spanish user, i have lots of info about tartessos and Iberia if u want some help ;-)

I think it would be a better leader for Iberian/tartessos Argantonio

which i can't play cause of frequent ctd's on my firstclass pc. :mad:
but oh well, still more than happy with civ3.
playing all these fantastic mods.:)

Another dissatitfied Civ4custumer. Join the club Emerentius, but who cares, your where it's at anyway and This one looks like another reason why. It'l be good when I get around to playin this one, it looks solid, trouble is there's still so much good Civ3 mods. I just havn't had the time!.

thamis said:
Well you can play TAM for Civ3, too.

EDIT: oops, this IS the civ3 thread. ;)

Well, you can add more units or whatever if you like. Send me the mod and I'll update the first post.
I love TAM for Civ 3. Comparing it to Civ 4 is like comparing a classic Mustang to the modern version. More bells and whistles but the classic is what everyone wants.:lol: :lol: :lol: I wish my original profile had not got trashed somehow; I still miss the H after the K in Ankenaton. Oh well.

Hello thamis.

Would you post the zipped files for C3C TAM for mac users?

The .msi and .exe installers will not open/run on macs.

Thanks for considering. :)

i gotta prob with the vanilla version of the mod... doesnt seem to work. says the .bic files might be corrupt and it otherwise wont recognize them. i dled it into my civ3 folder just like i was told. possibly might not be anything wrong with the order of files tho cuz i'm using a dled (bootleg) version of civ3. could that be the problem?

Civ 3 complete is selling in Target stores for $19.95!Fiend77Fits, go buy a legal copy and solve all of your bootleg problems. :crazyeye: :rolleyes:

Civ 3 and the various update parts come it that package. :lol:

wait, wait wait :nono: thats not a bootleg! its a crappy shareware version he downloaded and plays past the the 15 minute mark only cause an error on the developers part lets him. I know cuz it happen to me. Strange thing, I tried getting PtW and Conques to but ONLY vannila Civ3 shareware lets you play forever(because of glitch) I believe it was intential to hook a major audience (cheap gamers who d-load free games :lol: serious man, 15m or an hour isn't enough time to get hooked!! they had to drop a free sample!

Again its not a bootleg! This guy had no intent to steal from firaxix, anyway It made me go buy Civ Complete. I was so desperate I ordered from Amazon!He will eeventually give up his cash for the entire game so Fireaxis better be thankful for that dam tease, its raked them in a pretty penny no doubt!

Top Bottom