[Scenario] Age of Discovery 1492-1792

have someone a scenario for a less powerfull laptop? I´ll love to `play in a Earth map but not this huge.

AoD Announcement!

This scenario has been released. :)

No further work will occur on this scenario (unless something major is broken).

Please see the first post of this thread for details and download location.

Dale

i see white flags... no idea why or what to do...

the only white flags are the created ones; tried to change the civartdefines_civ from <bWhiteFlag>0</bWhiteFlag> to 1, but doesn't work...

So I guess there isn't a plan to fix the Technology messages or lack of? Not planning on letting someone finishing it Dale or you pleased this is a good enough version to move on from?

It's "good enough". To be honest, I don't have time to fill in a complete tech tree. At least it's not giving TXT_TECH_ART_STRATEGY any more. ;)

If someone wants to do it, be my guest. :)

Hehehe, fair enough, I can understand it is a lot of random effort to do those features. Might give it a go sometime with your permission?

Well, I have the same complaints about difficulty of life as the Dutch and the frustration of Iroquois with a better military than me. But, that aside, I am loving this scenario and I am really glad that it was made - I loved the "Age of Discovery" Scenario that came in the Civ II Multi Player gold edition - I think I completed it on 3 different world powers, and it was a big one, including the whole world. Kudos for making this, Dale, it's great! I wish I checked these boards more often and had found it sooner!

I think I found a problem. When I place my cursor over a resource the name of the resource is correct but the picture isn't. All the resource pictures are swaped. I think it shows iron as horses, ect...

Dale, also, the Native Americans are way too powerful! They ended up in second behind Spain. If anything all the American civs should be toned down. They should be easily conquered.

Would people be interested if I added in a new feature:

Trade Routes & Pirates!

- Once a luxury resource is connected from the New World to Europe, every so often a merchant ship is created in a coastal New World city which automatically travels to Europe.
- Once a merchant ship reaches Europe it disappears.
- Nations can build a "Pirate" unit which has a mission called "Raid".
- The "Raid" mission is available if the pirate ship is adjacent to a merchant ship.
- The "Raid" mission will capture the merchant ship which gives the owner of the pirate some gold and takes it off the owner of the merchant.
- A popup will inform of a raid occuring.
- There is a small chance of the raid failing and the owner of the pirate being found out. This will cause a negative diplomatic change.
- If a military naval unit encounters a pirate then it is captured.

Dale

Dale said:
Would people be interested if I added in a new feature:

Trade Routes & Pirates!

- Once a luxury resource is connected from the New World to Europe, every so often a merchant ship is created in a coastal New World city which automatically travels to Europe.
- Once a merchant ship reaches Europe it disappears.
- Nations can build a "Pirate" unit which has a mission called "Raid".
- The "Raid" mission is available if the pirate ship is adjacent to a merchant ship.
- The "Raid" mission will capture the merchant ship which gives the owner of the pirate some gold and takes it off the owner of the merchant.
- A popup will inform of a raid occuring.
- There is a small chance of the raid failing and the owner of the pirate being found out. This will cause a negative diplomatic change.
- If a military naval unit encounters a pirate then it is captured.

Dale

I think this feature would be nice.
Hope for a new Version...

I was actually going to suggest some twisting of the great merchant into a treasure fleet system but this sounds just as good. :D

But yes I would definatley be interested if you added this.

I think the senario would be beter if the English, French, and Spanish had degraded relations with one another. That is historicly acurate.

Actually, the English and Spanish were pretty tight at the onset of this alliance. France and Scotland were too. But both sides were pretty pissed with each other.

Historically, England + Spain vs France + Scotland.

But I'm not going for historical accuracy. I'm going for fun. And England and Spain teamed together completely throw out the balance of power.

Dale

any thoughts on making this mod for Warlords?

This is really great! I would really enjoy it if you made it for warlords.
Thanks anyway:)

Congrats on your win! I guess I'll give it a try even though it's not for Warlords :mischief:

Age of Discovery 1.12 (EGE Edition) will be released shortly. I'm just waiting on confirmation of the file being hosted before officially releasing it. :)

Changes from last version:
- Texts complete (finally ;) )
- Bug fixes (especially the religion crash)
- Pirates & Traders
- Intro movie

Stay tuned! :)

Dale

Top Bottom