P666-04 : Yet Another Trash Game

Here here to the penal colony who washed up those Redcoats in yar latest test matches at (I think) Ashes!

Played to 850BC:

Spoiler :
Qin built on the copper spot RIGHT when I was about to claim it (i.e., asap) :mad: This is why you don't ever delay claiming your nearby military resources asap! :eek: So, I did the next best thing. I researched anhusb, claimed horses, started cranking chariots while researching ironworking. I would've prefered going alphabet and trading for iron, but I don't like going to war without knowing I have a metal at least in the very near future. Iron turned up near capital, in cultural area, so I sent two workers to hook it up. Attacked with chariots taking copper city. Poised to take his crab city in next 1-2 turns--chariots > axes. Qin's protective really hurts, which is also why I opted to get a metal asap. Getting a mix of swords and axes will help against protective archers.

Attachments

• Futurehermit BC-0850.CivWarlordsSave
    108.5 KB · Views: 90
Played to 875:

Spoiler :
The basic rundown...noticed we had no religion, no defenders and half a wall.

So, teched to Monotheism, revolted to Judaism and OR. Saw Qin settle...then send a worker down...(and this is why you defend with archers)...did an archer assult on his warriors, took the city with no losses. Then expanded to NE. Qin is holed up with SIX protective archers, and I know this because I have an archer hiding in the forests playing a bit of hide and seek.

My plan is to finish the Oracle by playing around with the production at Copper City, then expand east and hook up Iron.

Attachments

• P666-04 BC-0875.CivWarlordsSave
    110 KB · Views: 86
sorry all. for some reason i thought 850 instead of 875. i think my save shows the gist of it though.

Futurehermit,

It doesn't concern me, but can you use an auto-save for the last few turns, or is that not an option (due to another game{s} being played)?

As you say, people will get the gist of where you are unless there's something truly remarkable that happens on the last turn ... like popping a Copper right next to the capital? ;)

Futurehermit,

It doesn't concern me, but can you use an auto-save for the last few turns, or is that not an option (due to another game{s} being played)?

As you say, people will get the gist of where you are unless there's something truly remarkable that happens on the last turn ... like popping a Copper right next to the capital? ;)

I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

I can basically say what the next couple of turns would look like for anyone interested:

-As soon as I have enough units (probably 1-2 more chariots) I will sack the next Chinese city (which my units are beside). Meanwhile in my other cities I will emphasize production (farms + mines) and start getting some swords/axes out.

-Later I would not overexpand thus crippling our economy, but I would raze some cities probably to cripple Qin and give us some cash for our research. I would then start getting cottages down (we're financial after all) while beelining to construction then CoL.

Can someone please tell me if we think the AI will research feudalism fast enough at this skill level and be willing to trade it to us in time for our vassalizing goals? Or will we have to self-research it. On monarch+ I never research feudalism cuz the AI always gets it (sometimes in the BC years...)

I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

I can basically say what the next couple of turns would look like for anyone interested:

-As soon as I have enough units (probably 1-2 more chariots) I will sack the next Chinese city (which my units are beside). Meanwhile in my other cities I will emphasize production (farms + mines) and start getting some swords/axes out.

-Later I would not overexpand thus crippling our economy, but I would raze some cities probably to cripple Qin and give us some cash for our research. I would then start getting cottages down (we're financial after all) while beelining to construction then CoL.

Can someone please tell me if we think the AI will research feudalism fast enough at this skill level and be willing to trade it to us in time for our vassalizing goals? Or will we have to self-research it. On monarch+ I never research feudalism cuz the AI always gets it (sometimes in the BC years...)

2 things :
- cam_h asked for a 875BC save (autosave would do)
- the AIs will research feudalism fast enough for us to need better troops:rolleyes:

k, I will just play to 875, sorry guys

if the AIs will research feudalism fast enough then after construction i figure we should just go for the liberalism race (CS-Paper-Education-Liberalism). hopefully we found a respectable GP farm to get some GSs...

EDIT: Duh! 875 BC comes before 850 BC. I thought I would just play another turn or two...guess I'm tired today :p If someone can tell me how I could locate an autosave for 875BC then I will try and find it. Otherwise, I hope the 850 is ok. It's only a couple turns anyways...

As I understand Round 2's status;
  • Cabert - played and posted
  • Cam_H - played but not posted
  • Endzz - not played
  • Fbelintani - played and posted
  • Futurehermit - played and posted
  • Mice - played and posted
  • Pigswill - played but not posted
  • The Chiller - not played
  • vra379971 - played and posted
Submissions due by early-morning on Saturday at latest. As before, Mice will do the votes (and Cabert for Round 3, but we'll get to that later!).

Here you go.. :p
Spoiler :
Few turns after start I found copper with our scout warrior, quickly change production to settler and settle there on my original spot. We have no religion but I don't bother with Judaism, if we want the happiness we can steal Qins buddhism. Obelisk in Pyong, hurry warrior from Seoul and then back to wonder. I doubt anyone will attack us this soon. For tech path, decided to go for our unique unit, which replaces cats. So, writing, maths. Noticed it's faster to contruct Oracle in Pyong after obelisk than researching construction, so I did it. About 10 turns left till oracle comes in. Instead of construction, started research on animal husbandry. Whipped barracks in Seoul, extra shields in 1-turn worker. Copper connected, time to get out some units. Qin actually settles wine city few turns after I settled Pyong, some luck there. He also settled one city southwest to crappy position.

+ Soon unique unit out, Hwacha
+ Settled 2nd city, copper connected to both cities
+ Great wall done, oracle almost
- No military, only 2 warriors!
- Dunno what I was doing with worker before I could connect copper :rolleyes:
- Qin has two new cities just near us, protected by archer+warrior both

Attachments

• P666-04 BC-0875 Endi.CivWarlordsSave
    109.5 KB · Views: 90
OK ... I'm "played and posted" too!

Spoiler :
Mini-turn log;
Spoiler :
2400BC

Switched to Settler.

2360BC

Agriculture > Animal Husbandry

2080BC

Animal Husbandry > Writing

2000BC

Founded P’Yongyang along the river with Copper and Horses within the fat-X – settling on river-Wine also gave :commerce: boost from city square.

1640BC

Writing > Mathematics

1200BC

The Great Wall is founded.

1160BC

P’Yongyang gets Buddhism. Seoul’s whip leads to temporary unhappiness.

875BC

Mathematics > The Wheel

Commentary:

Animal Husbandry is not my usual first choice, but I had my eye on the western area with the Sheep, and semi-curious about the location of any Horses resource, which appeared in the north. P’Yongyang was settled with benefits for a Financial tribe along a river with both Copper and Horses within the fat-X on top of a resource that would provide the city square with bonus :commerce:. After Animal Husbandry it was a bee-line to an important technology for the Korean tribe.

As noted in my earlier spoiler, my weaknesses include Map Exploration and Military – poor in both regards. With The Oracle only a few turns away, Korea is in an enviable slingshot position towards an important technology … options set out in the image below.

:smoke: move of the round was letting Seoul slip into unhappiness through the whip, however this city can comfortably handle hungry citizens with its food resources.

The gamble: Aside from persisting with a rubbish Military and not having Copper or Horses hooked up - is not to have chopped any forests towards building The Oracle. I am fairly confident that this is gettable from a straight build.

Seoul has a Library in addition to The Great Wall, while P’Yongyang has a Monument. There are two Workers.

Attachments

• P666-04 Cam BC-0875.CivWarlordsSave
    113.2 KB · Views: 123
Yep - voting underway.

You know the deal;
  • 3 votes for most successful
  • 2 votes for second most successful
  • 1 vote for third most successful
You can't vote for your own game. :nono:

Please send votes to Mice.

Unfortunately The Chiller's missed out on this round - late submissions regrettably not accepted. :(

Please remember in the future to save your game with your 'handle'/name in the file name.

... and just to let you know that the voting period is soon to close, so PM your choice to Mice a.s.a.p. Thanks.

Top Bottom