[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

If the Age of Ice literally means that the entire earth was covered by ice and we can infer that the ecogology of the planet operates according to the same laws of nature that govern ours, it would take many millions of years for jungles to re-emerge assuming some tiny pockets even survived on an all-permafrost biosphere.
My take: The Age of Ice was both bigger and smaller than the world. It was supernatural; the god who could create Ice from nothing (or more likely, destroy heat energy) broke the rules and started operating in the mortal realm. So Erebus wasn't the only place covered in ice, other mortal worlds, inhabited or not, were as well.

But since the ice age was not a natural occurance, but the result of the will of a non-omnipotent god, the world was not an inpenetrable block of ice. Scattered pockets may have escaped Mulcarn's gaze, for a time, and had some semblance of their natural state reassert itself.

In particular, there was one area that Mulcarn could not afflict with perfect winter--the city of Braduk, in which part of his opposing god Bhall (opposite in power if not alignment anymore) remained, leaving an eternal flame that allowed the Orcs protection during the Age of Ice. Maybe enough for some jungles to survive; certainly enough for the orc population to boom in such a short time.

I wonder, would it be fun if the game started with lots of the land covered in ice, and it slowly warming up/the terrain changing as the game progresses? Civilizations could then gradually expand north and south. It would also give the Doviello an advantage in settling areas that have just changed from ice to tundra.

Something I noticed: In the FFH2 wiki page it's mentionned that Chalid Astrakein has access to twin cast, but it's not the case in the game since he isn't an arcane unit. (twincast only available to arcane units)
Which one is wrong?

Actually, I Really like that starting out mostly ice idea, it would really allow for more early exploration, animals, barbs etc...

also, this is really pathetic, but how do you quote people (with the "originally posted by" )

thanks

I wonder, would it be fun if the game started with lots of the land covered in ice, and it slowly warming up/the terrain changing as the game progresses? Civilizations could then gradually expand north and south. It would also give the Doviello an advantage in settling areas that have just changed from ice to tundra.

Yeah, we have always planned to get there eventually for exactly the reason you specified. The only point thats different is the north and south, I doubt we will enforce that consistent of a pattern. We would probably prefer a more random distribution. I never assumed that the map is the entire world, only a small piece of it so I largely ignore the equator aspects of the map (Erebus was actually a flat world anyway).

Attachments

• Tortoise.jpg
    Tortoise.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 767
Wow, that's an awesome looking unit! Nice!:goodjob: Is that a unit that's making it into the game? Is it an animal unit or is it going to be a civ specific unit out of curiousity?

Nah, he just hangs out and eats boats.

:lol:

Wow, that's an awesome looking unit! Nice!:goodjob: Is that a unit that's making it into the game? Is it an animal unit or is it going to be a civ specific unit out of curiousity?

I guess the Water II summon, so that the Djinn can move to Metamagic. Though hopefully they will also be barbarian sea animals. :expect:

Nah, he just hangs out and eats boats.

:lol:

WOW!... thats great... i cant wait to see whats up next... im kinda anxious... :crazyeye:

That thing with zero in it in the upper left corner. Armageddon counter?
And the turtle shows 3/6 strength. Is that normal?

The pirate promotion? The flag of a new civ?

Thats hidden nationality

FfH and FfH II are imo, the best mods I've ever played for any version of Civ. I've been playing since the days of Civilization and Colonization, and the only thing that really put me in a thrall moreso han the regular game was Test of Time. Until FfH and Ffh II, that is.

I've tried Sureshot's mod, and read over Mania's but not yet tried it, and my only comments thus far are that I hope there are plans to implement ZoC. I've had to resort to surreptitiously adding merchants every so often to afford the walls of defenders to keep my territory pillage-free.

Also, I find it odd that Good, Neutral and Evil AI players will all ally together if I go on a sudden rampage against them all.

Top Bottom