LINESII- Into the Darkness- Part II

LINESII Awards- Thread Two

Most Powerful
Gold- Khemri. Ever since the fall of the Lengels, Khemri has been the single most powerful nation in the world. It has once again defeated the Valins (with its loosely-affiliated allies) and looks like it will now be nigh-unstoppable, save by decay.
Silver- Valin Republics of Veritas. At the beginning of the war of the White Rose, this group had the combined power of several significant nations. But there were just too many nations set against it to prevent its destruction.
Bronze- Guangfei. Now the most populous nation in the world, and continuing its incessant economic development.

Largest Nations
Gold- Gorin. At its peak, ruled a vast territory north of Khemri. Much has been lost due to the recent chaos, but it will soon be regained.
Silver- Guangfei. Lots of land, lots of population.
Bronze- Magland. Just edges out Khemri, due to the possession of more territory that is indisputably theirs. Plus, this nation has a large capacity for further expansion in the immediate future.

Best Rise
Gold- Kelios. Since its foundation, this nation has become the dominant force in Azulia, destroying the once-mighty Tsayans and developing a powerful culture and economy.
Silver- Magland. Some may consider this more of a comeback than a rise, as the powerful Mag tribe was conquered by Trinlin centuries earlier. Regardless, this nation has quickly risen to prominence in the south, and is growing rapidly.
Bronze- Adar. This nation has risen to a pathetic blockaded city to a powerful force in the new world, due to sheer dogged persistence in its goals.

Best Comeback
Gold- Valin Republics of Veritas. From ruin to glory… and back to ruin.
Silver- Kalmar. From a rump post-Valin state to a powerful ally of Khemri with a large realm and revived culture.
Bronze- Myocaca. This nation was nearly destroyed during the Lengel invasion, but it lived on, rebuilding and redeveloping. It played an important role in many Bladeist campaigns, and has grown dramatically due to the fall of the Swades.

Greatest Fall
Gold- Lengels. At one point they ruled a titanic realm, but they suffered the eternal fate of nomad empires and collapsed.
Silver- Veritas (again). Went from the largest, richest, and strongest nation in the world to practically nothing at the end of the Great War. Then it gradually clawed its way back up, then was again crushed to next to nothing at the end of the War of the White Rose.
Bronze- Swade Ascendancy. Transformed from the leading force of Bladeism to a conquered and ruined state over the course of a few decades.

Richest Nations
Gold- Khemri. Twice as rich as it was last awards, and still in the lead.
Silver- Guangfei. Rich (though the wealth is quite focused in the upper strata), and trade will soon be picking up dramatically once Khemri’s silk route completes.
Bronze- Gorin. This country remains steady in its wealth, though several younger countries are on the verge of overtaking it.

Greatest Religion
Gold- Oneism. Veritas' power and its dream in spreading its religion all over the earth has been quite successful, living far beyond its founding nation. The faith fractured, but it is still strong throughout many parts of the world, thriving in almost all of the places which Ardan or Veritas has civilized. However, its influence is now waning, due to its massive loss of followers and a powerful nation to represent them.
Silver- Bladeism. This religion has spread like wildfire out of Cultesia thanks to the Swade Ascendancy. It has been pivotal in the decline of Oneism and the nations represented by it, and remained incredibly unified through all.
Bronze- Trinlinism. This underrated faith is followed by the young and rising nations in the far south. It has yet to make a big splash, but it is hardly likely that it will not do so in the near future.

Best Culture
Gold- Veritas, though this is rapidly declining due to the destruction of many of its holy sites.
Silver- Khemri. A truly unique culture Khemri is virtually alone in practicing its religion, and thriving without culturally-tied allies.
Bronze- Guangfei. This culture is as strong as a boulder. So far it has assimilated almost all of the areas it has taken over into one unified, rich culture.

Best Warmonger
Gold- Gorin. During the War of the White Rose, fought off a Lengel rebellion, Nkondi rebellion, Davian invasion and Merhai invasion at the same time, with direct aid from only one small nation- Fairhelt.
Silver- Swades. Commited massive and frequent wars, topped off by their massive conscription, which above all else resulted in the destruction of themselves and the Valin Republics of Veritas.
Bronze- Lengels. Despite defeats in their wars, the Lengel people lived- and fought- on.

Best Builder
Gold- Myocaca. Have you seen the scale of the things they build? Good economically too.
Silver- Citadel. Research, explore, build... etc. You saw this one coming.
Bronze- Gorin. Performed lots of irrigation and development programs in the north, and economically strengthened the region. Pity it fell into chaos shortly thereafter.

Most Good
Gold- Citadel. The recent events ignored, these people seek nothing other than peace and the advancement of the human race.
Silver- Khemri. Fought defensive wars for the continued prosperity and well-being of their people, never committed any atrocities (the worst thing they did was forcibly remove pro-Valin Kalmar officials from their positions of power.
Bronze- Myocaca. Turned against the Swades after they finally went too far. Resisted peer pressure and always fought against the extinction doctrine.

Most Evil
Gold- Swades. The Suwapa program. Constant inquisitions. The Fanaticism. Managing to alienate almost everyone from them. The Extinction Doctrine, and their self-destruction due to massive conscription. Need I say more?
Silver- Gorin. Was on the good list last awards. Notice that all of the nations from the evil list last awards are gone this time around?
Bronze- Magland. Mass enslavement of barbarians in their most recent campaign, and a general mistreatment of the Trinlin population of their country.

Most Abused
Gold- Veritas. Vast amounts of their population was destroyed, and most of the forces in the world were arrayed against them.
Silver- Gerbers. Suffered total, or at least near-total genocide at the hands of Gorin at the beginning of this thread.
Bronze- Tir Tairngire. A distant third, has suffered from large amounts of religious strife, forced conversions, civil war and foreign interventions.

Craziest Nations
Gold- Swades. Same reasons that they’re evil. Plus their insanely large draft.
Silver- Adar. Didn’t start acting pragmatically until their war with Zemora, which transformed them into Zamdar, a nation with a much brighter future.
Bronze- Ikki. Intentionally fragmented and self-destructed while in the middle of a life-and-death war.

Most Advanced
Gold- Citadel. Due to their constant researching, exploring and experimenting, technological development in this NES is advancing at a great speed.
Silver- Khemri. They have advanced naval technology, and are at the leading edge of mainstream technological advancement
Bronze- Gorin. They remain true to their culture of advancement, though this is now more often shown in metallurgy than domestic technology.

Most Unique
Gold- Kelios. This philosophical and powerful nation is an enigma to the west, and may become a great power someday. Cuivienen has a knack for making unique nations, it would seem.
Silver- Gamorrea. Religiously-driven civilized cavalry nation. I’ve never seen something quite like this before.
Bronze- Aryie. An island of peac- oh wait, not anymore.

Greatest Generalist
Gold- Khemri. Quite simply, they can do whatever they want.
Silver- Guangfei. Another powerful and balanced nation, though more socially stratified.
Bronze- Kelios. Skilled in war and trickery, culturally enlightened, and skilled stoneworkers. Quite a generalist, I’d have to say.

No, I do nation awards.

Though I did love your stories North King. I quite enjoyed the one about the Lengel who traveled too your lands, then the council decided that war against Gorin was the only choice.

No, I do nation awards.

Though I did love your stories North King. I quite enjoyed the one about the Lengel who traveled too your lands, then the council decided that war against Gorin was the only choice.

It wasn't entirely out of self interest. :p

It was mostly out of disbelief...

that might cause arguments :p

although I must say I'm attached to your stories (although that may have something to do with the name of an initial charecter!)

Nice awards, a bit suprised about second most good but *shrug* I suppose the similarities (of philosophies) between myself and Citidal kinda results in this (only major difference is that their anti-violence :p)

and religion and culture will be unified in an ITNESesque blurb.

Hurrah! ;) I think this would really work well for this NES, considering the great importance of various cultural influences.

EDIT: Nice awards, but:
Silver- Gerbers. Suffered total, or at least near-total genocide at the hands of Gorin at the beginning of this thread.

Wouldn't the fact that, karmically, we deserved it speak against us being classed as "abused"? :p

I quite liked the system you developed das. It would be way easier and more useful to write:

Myocacan Bladeist with Loyal Emorian Path of God Minority, Large Swade Influence.

Than:

Culture: Average
Confidence: Respecting
Bladeist (88%), Path of God (12%)

@Lucky- Why are you yelling at me?

Iggy, Nice Awards. You coudn't have given me at least most boring nation :p

I can say I had several opportunities to snatch some awards. I will have no idea why I did not. Stupid loyalty to Kentharu :)

Maybe into the dummy-dummy nations.

:joke:

Did you suspect that Fairhelt would try to finish the job they started when Kahir the Fox first was defeated by them and fled?

Did you suspect that Fairhelt would try to finish the job they started when Kahir the Fox first was defeated by them and fled?

Iggy, I created the Fairhelt in my stories as treacherous bastards. I always worried about them. :p

What I didn't worry about was taking a three month break from NESing at a time when the nation needed me most, but... oh well.

oh Iggy, I just counted I should have 15 econ (you have updated stats I think?)

which will be fun, esp when I get Dehli back as a trade centre and my three other centres.....

It'll be productive starting next turn, the area still doesn't have a normal productive local government working yet.

Silver? SILVER?!!!!

How much are the dirty Oneists paying you, we'll double AND not kill everyone you've ever known! Now thats a good deal!

But seriously, Bladeism did deserve first, because its the biggest religion, its attracting the most new players, and unlike Oneism, its not in the decline.

Oh and *ahem*

Main Entry: war·mon·ger
Pronunciation: 'wor-"m&[ng]-g&r, -"mä[ng]-
Function: noun
: one who urges or attempts to stir up war
- war·mon·ger·ing /-g(&-)ri[ng]/ noun

Gorin just fought a horsehockyton of wars. I don't think there was a turn of peace for me this thread. I started most of them. Only the Nurmaferi and Lengel Invasion weren't of my doing. I f-ing invaded all of my ALLIES and killed their citiziens! I genocided 3 or 4 of the Valin Republics of Veritas. Hell I made them the Valin Republic of Veritas. I made Aryie GO TO WAR. If thats not attempting to stir up war, I dunno what is.

Eventually, Guangfei, Khemri, Veritas, Myocaca, Sintonia, Bugaan, Ardan and myself had to team up to take me down.

I demand my insane bloody fanaticism be recognized better.

Other than the above, I agree with the awards and give you an A+ for Awesomness.

But you should introduce a storywriter award. North King and Wubba deserve recognition for their awesome stories. And Alex deserves Bronze because he churns out stories about domestic Guangfei stuff faster than America increases its trade deficeit with China.

Top Bottom