[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

I am hopeing more animals so you can have at least enough to make cages for that wonder that requires animal cages especally rare animals.

What if we were able to build animal units after we built cages to be able to send to other city's and build cages their like a building called a Zoo.

I also hope that they fixed that glitch That happens with Hyborem and Basium.

Barb

My only thing that I suggest is to use cheats if you can't get that "The Great Maglinede" or whatever it's called. That way you can stop worrying about getting animals and so forth if you can't get them.

Will 0.23 or later versions require ownership of BTS?

Fire (so 0.23 with all patches) will stay vanilla.
Shadow and Ice (with all the cool new stuff) will make use of the great features provided by BtS and wont work without BtS.

Bhall fell through the plane and brought their city Braduk with her. (I think?)

Then the Ember orcs built the city Braduk the Burning around the burning crater or something.

Bhall fell through the plane and brought their city Braduk with her. (I think?)

Then the Ember orcs built the city Braduk the Burning around the burning crater or something.

Men mimicked the gods during the Age of Magic. There was no good magic in that age, all sorcery was dark and corrupt so the most fierce battles were between the armies of the wizards and those of the holy. Eventually the one empire of men was split by this war into 10 countries.

One of those countries, the Bannor, was made up of the most pure. Fire was the weapon of the holy and Bhall was the greatest enemy of the corrupt. The Bannor venerated Bhall, they burnt evil cities to the ground and it is said that the holy could walk through fire without being burnt in those days.

Agares realized that it was only a matter of time until the Holy won their war. The countries that venerated evil gods were growing weaker. The greatest students of Kylorin were falling, Laroth and Gastrius were dead, Perpentach was locked within the Tower of Eyes (which held his body, but his mind wandered through creation and farther reaches).

So Agares began whispering to Bhall, playing to her pride. She was the greatest angel, enemies fled before her armies. The compact allowed a god to act only accoridng to the faith of her followers, and that gave Bhall the greatest power in creation. The evil god she was responsible for opposing, Mulcarn, was the least of the gods. The few people that followed him were relegated to the wastes, inconsequential and without power.

But Bhall's fall from heaven changed everything. The world caught fire, meteors pummeled creation, fields burned. But that didn't compare to what happened to the Bannor. Most strongly tied to Bhall they were transformed into cruel mockeries of mankind. Strong and savage, bones tore through their skin and their holy crusades became a bloodlust they could not control.

The greatest temple of Bhall was in the Bannor capital of Braduk. And Bhalls fall was literal. She fell through her vault, through the sky, through creation, through the world and into hell. She struck the world at Braduk and although most of the people were killed instantly some were dragged into hell with her.

Deep in hell and abandoned by their goddess no one expected these lost Bannor to survive. And they wouldn't have if Junil hadn't sent Sabathiel to guide them. It was a long difficult path through generations of the Bannor bent on survival. Their survival through the physical threats was the stuff of legend. But the real threats of hell are more insidious. Any spiritual weakness, any temptation was exploited and those that couldn't remain pure were a risk to the survival of everyone. Strict rules were developed, it was only a fanatical devotion to those rules (both in the physical and the spiritual) that allowed them to survive. A devotion that exists to this day.

Love this mod to bits but, like many other posters I never seem to be able to construct the Grand Menagerie due to a lack of animals surviving into the late game. Even on huge Terra maps. Even with Nature's Revolt. I also wish that I could take better advantage of the various types of beast cages for my cities.

So I got an idea for new spell. It would probably be in the body, chaos, or nature spheres.

You know how in fairy tales the witches and sorcerors are always cursing people and turning them into frogs and whatnot? How about a spell of the same nature in FfH2?

The spell could be called something like "Polymorph." When cast on a target unit, the unit would be transformed into an appropriate beast unit. Sort of like Nature's Revolt, but cast upon a single unit instead.

If cast on one of your own units, it would become a tame beast unit. Sure, this would sacrifice one of your units, but you would end up with a free critter to cage in one of your cities! Alternatively, you could cast against barbarian units and then try to capture them with a recon unit. Or even cast against opposing civilizations' units, although this would likely start a war (assuming you weren't at war already! ;) ).

To work correctly, the spell would need some sort of conversion chart coded in, again like Nature's revolt, that would change units into a specific beast. Or, you could have a pop up dialogue window that let the caster CHOOSE the type of animal to polymorph the target into. Who knows? Maybe the different types of beasts could be more or less difficult to do?

Anyway -- this is just food for thought. I'd be interested in what the rest of you think about this idea!

This is a lot better in 0.23. Mostly because we really slowed the rate of bear/lion and wolf spawns. Since the game spawns animals up until there are so many (depending on the map size and such) the more wolves/bear/lion there were in the world, the less gorilla's/tigers/panthers/etc were showing up.

So Im not ready to do something as dramatic as you mentioned yet, but it will be better in 0.23.

I've got an Idea for the Mana effects.
Many Manatypes have effects, but some don't. Maybe you've just not yet made up what effects they should do, so here are some suggestions I made up.

Air: Naval Units +1 Speed (if too powerful: Every Air Mana after the first maybe)
Water: Naval Units +1xp
Fire: Prduction +1 in desert tiles (or Movecost only one in desert, but that does Nomad already)
Death: Chance that enemy units get poisoned or diseased in Mana-owners lands.
Dimensional: Units with 3 or more speed get +1 additional speed
Nature: +1 Food in Djungle

Next to that, it would be great if some Manas would have impacts on the Landscape:

Fire: Scorches terrain, lowering it every say 10 turns Grassland->Plains->Desert and chance to set forests and djungles on fire - That would create a need to maintain a water adept, that removes theese effects regulary, if a firenode is near a city.

Water: the opposite of fire - Desert->Plains->Grassland, then a forest is created that changes into djungle then. This will need Maintainence by workers that need to remove the djungle periodically if in city radius.

Earth could create Hills or randomly let minerals appear and disappear around the Node or both.

Air - Creates tundra and Ice because of the cold winds... not that great idea, but i can't imagine something else now.

The others shouldn't have as big impacts - elemental influences are stronger on the landscape than others.

Maybe a Life node should inhibit the transfer into hell terrain and death creates hell terrain in close radius.

Nature Nodes could do things similar to the Water node or spawn Animals (barbarian animals?) and Guardian wines to protect itself.

That were just some Ideas, but I'd really like if you could tell me what you think about them.

Next to that, it would be great if some Manas would have impacts on the Landscape:

Fire: Scorches terrain, lowering it every say 10 turns Grassland->Plains->Desert and chance to set forests and djungles on fire - That would create a need to maintain a water adept, that removes theese effects regulary, if a firenode is near a city.

Water: the opposite of fire - Desert->Plains->Grassland, then a forest is created that changes into djungle then. This will need Maintainence by workers that need to remove the djungle periodically if in city radius.

Earth could create Hills or randomly let minerals appear and disappear around the Node or both.

Air - Creates tundra and Ice because of the cold winds... not that great idea, but i can't imagine something else now.

Something like this was in the game some time ago. It was removed, because the AI didn't recognize, why its land became all dessert around the Fire nodes and stuff like this. Furthermore it's too much micromanagement for my taste to run around every turn and estinguish fires or remove forests and similar tasks. It also inhibits a real schedule for you environment management. From aflavor perspective, it would be really nice, though.

Maybe a Life node should inhibit the transfer into hell terrain.

This one would be nice indeed. :)

So Agares began whispering to Bhall, playing to her pride. She was the greatest angel, enemies fled before her armies. The compact allowed a god to act only accoridng to the faith of her followers, and that gave Bhall the greatest power in creation. The evil god she was responsible for opposing, Mulcarn, was the least of the gods. The few people that followed him were relegated to the wastes, inconsequential and without power.
Look for more details around, oh, mid to late July. ;)

Oops .

I will also like to see animals attack barbarians as well, make 2 barbarian teams, one is nature's forces and the 2nd is the human barbarians.

I agree. Id actually like to see 3 forces:

1. Nature- maybe starting at peace with the ljosalfar and svartalfar, who could "capture" animals without combat.

2. Orc Barbarians- typical barbarian enemies starting at peace with Charadon and the Clan.

3. Wild Infernals- At peace with ashen veil worshippers and Hyborem.

All three would be at peace with each other but since they were different the Clan wouldnt get to be at peace with the "barbarian" infernals or animals, etc etc.

I will have to play with it and see how it works out but it could be interesting.

Top Bottom