[BtS 3.02] 34 Man DLL

For some reason the >18 concept is screwed in BtS.

I think there's a bug in the exe that stops these working.

Easy proof test:
1. Create 32 civ DLL for epic game.
2. Start custom game and set 31 civs (leaving the last blank).
3. After loading and dawn of man screen is closed, enter WorldBuilder and save the map immediately.
4. Exit game completely and reload.
5. Start scenario and select the map you just saved out.
6. Finish start options and during load CRASH!

I've determined the problem is in the loading of the map. Effectively it reaches a certain number of civs then aborts loading. The map == NULL and that's why the game crashes.

And there's nothing we can do about it till Firaxis fixes it (except setting the civs through python instead). :(

That's weird. :(

I have run less than 34 to test the DLL, but all I was doing was loading save games and starting custom epic games. Didn't test pre-made maps because the current ones weren't designed for larger than 18.

That's my point, it affects maps saved out of this mod. One's that already have the correct settings in the WBS file.

Hmm. The only thing this DLL does is change the max civs in the CvDefines file from 18 to 34...and you said above that this requires either Firaxis or a Python fix? What's necessary in the python side of things?

That's the one. :)

OK. Which version of BtS are you running? Where did you put the mod folder and DLL? Please describe the process in which you are attempting to select more than 18 players.

In addition, are you using any custom assets?

My level of anger at Firaxis right now is overflowing. Its just awful that they'd break something like this when going from Warlords to BtS.

Dale, is there any way you can do anything to try to get them to fix it for the next patch? You must have connections and all ;)

this thing works fine in BtS, untill the latest patch, which is why im bumping it =[

Top Bottom