The terrain-unwise Romans

I am finally back!!! i have good news and bad news. Good news: im off RS 4ever
Bad news: i got another game 2 replace it. Good news:it doesnt work. Bad news:itys World of Warcraft.:lol:

Sorry for delays, I've been... uh... well...

Look! A distraction! (Starts writing next post, which shalt contain Chapter 38)

Chapter 38: The Fall of Egypt

Rome wasn't the only one to use Planes to bomb its enemies. Carthage and The Netherlands, and probably China and Maya also, developed bombers, as shown when they were used in Egypt's final years. Pi-Ramesses felt the wrath of Carthaginian bombers in 1959, and a convoy of Carthaginian ships presumably on their way to Egypt were bombed by Dutch planes. No ships were sunk.
Speaking of the Dutch, the city of Holwerd was destroyed, by unknown forces.

Near Thebes, an Egyptian Guerilla unit destroyed a Roman Tank unit.

Back at Pi-Ramesses in 1960, the now weakened city would quickly fall. After bombardment, a unit of Roman Tanks made quick work of the remaining Guerrilas and Riflemen.

200 Miles to the Southeast of Memphis was a radar tower defended by Guerrillas. A Tank unit attacked- and retreated. Damn, these Guerrillas are invincible to Tanks (No wonder America has so much trouble in Iraq)!

So, Rome decided to try it's luck on Memphis, even though it was in the range of two radar towers (the one aforementioned, and another 1 tile West). Apparently, 2 aren't better than one here, as the armies of Claudius and Anthony made quick work of the unit of Riflemen and 3 units of Guerrila defending Memphis. The Radar Tower West of Memphis was destroyed by Egypt to prevent Rome from being able to use it.

Nearby, the Cavalry guarding the ex-radar tower still remained. As did the Guerrilla guarding the still-existing-for-now radar tower. A unit of Tanks attacked the Cavalry, and a guy named Octavian showed great ability to lead, and was sent to command a new Tank Army...

The same Tanks went on to destroy the Guerrilla unit and Radar Tower Southeast of Memphis.

On a mountain 200 miles Northeast of Byblos, There was a Radar Tower defended by Cavalry. Germanicus' Army came knocking, and now said Tower and Cavalry are gone.

In Byblos itself, The Fifth Army and Octavian's new Army killed two units of Riflemen, and some attacking Roman cavalry retreated.

But, elsewhere, there was greater news...

Thebes, capital of Egypt, was under attack from Roman forces. After Tanks killed the Guerrilla that had killed another unit of Tanks last year, the city was heavily bombarded. Hadrian's Army then made quick work the 2 weakened units of Riflemen and another 2 weakened units of Guerrilla remaining to defend the city. Thebes has fallen. The Egyptian government has fled Southwest to Elephantine to make a "Temporary" capital. Oh, and some artillery were in Thebes and captured. The mostly destroyed headquarters of the Knights Templar remained as a tourist attraction.

Roman Troops could reach no more of Egypt this turn, but Giza was bombarded by Artillery. Carthaginian bombers hit it also.

An Egyptian Guerrila unit repeated the successes of its late friends the year before, also near Thebes. Scratch one Roman Tank unit.

Elsewhere, China captured the Babylonian city of Ellipi. Only Nippur remains. Babylon will fall when someone gets around to killing them.

Giza was attacked by Roman Tanks in 1961. The first unit killed the two defending Riflemen units. The second killed the final defenders, a unit of Guerrilla. Oh, and the Guerrilla-killing unit later went North to kill the Tank-killing Guerrillas near Thebes.

In Byblos, Germanicus' Army came from the Mountain 200 miles to the Northeast to kill the 2 units of Riflemen defending the city. Only Elephantine remains under Egyptian control.

Speaking of Elephantine, some attacks have been made. Anthony's Army destroyed a Cavalry unit and a radar tower, with some help from the RS Crusher. (Battleship) Also, Hadrian's Army, being the only Roman troops able to reach Elephantine this year, killed a unit of Riflemen in Elephantine, which was soon after bombed by the Carthaginians.

2 Luxury deals ran out, one with China, another with the Maya. They have been renewed- damn these prices!

Speaking of the Maya, they captured the Dutch city of Groningen. It is now suspected that Holwerd was destroyed by China, since The Maya would have probably attacked Groningen first.

The outcome of the battle of Elephantine in 1962 was decided before the battle. It was already known that Rome would win. And they won easily. Only one unit of Roman Tanks was needed to defeat the defending Riflemen. Elephantine is now Roman, as is the ruins of the Hanging Gardens. And Egypt now joins the ranks of America, Byzantium, Incaland, Arabia, and Russia- they're just another dead civilization.

Babylon has one city left, and only survives as long as everyone else allows them to. The Dutch are dogpiled 4 to 1 (well, 4 to 2 if you count Babylon, but I don't count Babylon). As soon as Roman troops get there, they will quickly die.

(BTW, I've played to the end of 1963- nothing interesting has happened yet)

Last edited:
No, because I already know that it is too expensive. When I get Fission, I'll trade it for Rocketry. I know for a fact that no one can beat me to Fission, since everyone is in or has just left Anarchy, except Babylon. The world is mostly Fascist.

The game just might involve :nuke: before the end. But I'm not going to be the one to start a Nuclear war. If the AI wants to spend 1,000 shields building the Manahattan Project, they can go ahead and do so. But I'm not going to. Those 1,000 shields are better spent building 10 Tanks than a very useless wonder to own, since everyone gets nukes- the only bonus you get for owning Manhattan is Culture.

i uninstalled civ...and for what? a few 800 mb of extra space.....oh and great chapter btw.lots of tanks and a leader.i am reinstalling civ soon...

Unfortunately, next chapter might be lacking in action, as I am waiting for my navy to be rebuilt so I can invade the Dutch.

Don't worry, it's okay to uninstall civ if it's only temporary because a bug must be fixed...

...But if you don't reinstall it...

THEN YOU ARE A HERETIC!!!!

Oh, and Ch. 39 is completed and will be posted tommorow.

Chapter 39: Another Two Bite the Dust

In November, 1963, Carthage made their first sucessful attack in the war. They Captured the Babylonian city of Nippur, thus finally ending Babylon's pathetic existence.

And for a moment, it appeared to be their last attack in the war, as they signed peace with the Dutch. But that moment didn't last: They immediately re-declared war thanks to their Mutual Protection Pact with China. That's some impressive Diplomacy! :rolleyes:

1 year later, Near Eindhoven, the Destroyer DS Slipstream attacked the Battleship RS Rogue, which was bombarding a radar tower there. The Rogue won the fight, but suffered quite a bit of damage.

Farther to the North, the Maya captured Haarlem.

A new discovery in 1965: The Roman Scientists had discovered just how much energy lied in a single atom, and how to split it for that energy. This could be used for weapons of mass destruction- or Electrical Power.

And after the creation of a 7th army, which will be filled with Marines, These newfound secrets were traded to China for the secrets of Rocketry, a LOT of money, and Alluminum, which will greatly benifit the Roman Empire. Soon after, everyone but the Dutch got their hands on both technologies. Rome has 5 sources of both Uranium, which is required for Fission, and Alluminum, although one of the Uranium sources is unconnected. Everyone else also has at least one source of both resources, except the Dutch, who only have Allumium and would soon lose that.

Not long after, China captured a northern Dutch city, Delft.

In 1966, an Organization for the purpose of World Peace was built in Veii. It was called the United Nations.

However, a world war was underway, so no vote was held- yet.

Later in the year, Eindhoven was bombed by Carthage, and the entire Dutch navy- 1 Transport and 2 Destroyers- Appeared near Tiwanaku. It unloaded a Tank unit on the shore.

The next year, a "Cruise Missile", which is a missile launched a target to try to destroy it, was fired at the Dutch Navy. No ships were destroyed. Damn. Oh well, it was time to attack the Tanks. A Roman Tank unit attacked- and barely did damage. A Marine unit was next, and it forced them to retreat. Cavalry finished it off. Carthage then bombed the navy, almost- but not completely- destroying every ship. They would later be destroyed, but not this year. Also, Carthage started work on a project to develop weapons from Fission, called Nuclear Weapons. Roman scientists sometimes jokingly call them "Nukular", since some Americans (especially one certain person...) seem to pronounce it like that sometimes...

Claudius, Caeser's Military Advisor, came rushing in in 1968 looking happy. "Sir, I have great news!"
"What?" Asked Caeser.
"For the first time, our military is strong compared to everyone else in the world, even China!!!"

Another Dutch city in the North, Utrecht, fell soon after to Carthage, and now Amsterdam was within reach of some of the nations.

Also, the Coal-for-Silks deal with China expired and could not be renewed. Where the hell did China get Coal? Well, wherever it was, Coal was now traded to the Maya for Silks, who demanded a much higher price. Grr.

In better News, an annoying radar tower near Eindhoven was finally destroyed by bombing. Also, the Maya captured Middelburg in December, 1969.

Bombing destroyed another radar tower in 1970, as well as a Dutch unit of Infantry and another of Tanks.

In October, A Roman Destroyer witnessed Carthaginian Marines die attacking Amsterdam. China had more success later in Rotterdam, and captured it.

Agent Tan (My spy in Amsterdam) was running for his life. Dutch Agents were chasing him with the obvious intent of capturing and killing him. He had to get out of Amsterdam. So he headed for the airport, where he would take over an empty plane and fly back to Rome. Unfortunately, his disguise didn't work and although he managed to run and grab a fighter, it was shot down. It is unknown whether or not he died in the wreck: All that is known is that he is dead.

However, it would appear as if this made the Dutch let their guard down, as Agent 429 was able to get into Amsterdam easily in 1971.

Arnhem, just to the southwest of Rotterdam, was destroyed by China that November.(I think China did it- I don't know)

A grand battle was fought in Eindhoven from November 28 to December 16. After China failed to do much damage with their unit of Tanks, and retreated, the Maya attacked. The first Tank unit had the same result as China, and didn't even get to retreat. However, the next 3 killed the 3 Defending units of Infantry. Eindhoven fell to the Maya, who now have 16 units of Tanks, PLus some Guerrila and Infantry, in the marshes 200 miles South of Maastricht.

The Dutch didn't let their guard down with regards to spies, though, and Agent 429 was also captured and killed.

And this time, the Roman Spy who tried could not get into the city. Rome is without a Dutch Spy!

Near Amsterdam, Carthaginian Cavalry took out a Dutch Infantry unit, a Dutch Marin unit, and a radar tower, at the cost of two Cavalry units.

The Dutch and Maya made peace not long after.

Caeser is happy. If not for that, those Tanks would have easily gotten both Maastricht and the Hague, but because peace was signed, Rome was able to get them later. The Maya also started trying to develop Nukular, I mean, Nuclear, weapons.

Bombing raids in 1973 destroyed the Dutch rubber route, not that it matters. It also killed a unit of Infantry, although the radar tower that was meant to be destroyed still stands.

Carthage continued Attacking Amsterdam in October, and also added bombs this time. Amsterdam is still Dutch, though. China also built a city, Kaifeng, near what was once Arnhem.

Another Roman Spy tried to get into Amsterdam in 1974, but this may have jumped the gun a little, as the Dutch were still able to capture him.

But it didn't matter, for Rome had finally managed to get their forces to what was left of the Netherlands. After Maastricht was bombarded, The 7th Army had no problem killing what was left of the 2 defending Infantry units.

A Marine unit also destroyed a Dutch Marine unit and a radar tower 200 miles to the Northeast.

Then, Tanks moved on The Hague. 4 Infantry units defended. Although there was one loss of a Tank unit, the city quickly fell without any other casualties.

There was also a Radar tower 200 miles to the northeast. 3 Tanks attacked the defending Infantry unit- and all retreated. Marines finished the job, but geez!

Carthage continued bombing. In the desert, a Dutch Marine held out to a unit of Riflemen and another of Infantry, but ultimately were killed by a unit of Carthaginian Infantry. Also, A Carthaginian Cavalry unit and a Carthaginian Infantry unit failed to do much to Amsterdam's defenders. Also, a Dutch Infantry unit charged out of the city and killed a unit of Cavalry.

Another new technology in March, 1975. Scientists Theorize a field called "Ecology" to study the effects humans and he environment have on each other, particularly pollution, which must soon be solved.

Also, an 8th Army was created. This one shall be filled with Tanks.

Amsterdam was now attacked by Rome. The winner was already decided- after all, Rome had 4 Tank Armies outside the city- but it was bombarded for good measure. Claudius' Army then defeated 2 Defending Infantry units and a defending TOW Infantry unit, which used Missiles and was much tougher to beat. But, after Octavian's Army finished off the remaining defenders, the battle was won. Amsterdam was now Roman, as was a worker, Plus 3 Great Wonders: Newton's University, The Oracle, and The Great Wall, although the last two are expired. And the Dutch are destroyed.

Rome is the strongest, the biggest, the most productive, the richest nation on Earth. In fact, they control 76 of the world's 154 cities (That's almost half!), a gigantic modern military, tens of thousands of gold pieces, and... well... you get the idea. The world is owned by them. Who is next to die?

Last edited:
Yep, you got it (Carthage), but I'll have to wait two turns for my lux deal to expire, and for their MPP with China to expire. I am NOT fighting both of them at the same time.

Chapter 40: A 2-Second World Peace

So you thought World Peace would come After the end of WWII, did you? Well, you would be wrong. Only 4 months after Amsterdam's Capture, The Maya declared War on China:

Caeser imagines this was because of a failed spy mission, since The Maya are much weaker than China.

And much fighting took place in December. Workers at the edge of Amsterdam witnesses Mayan Tanks being destroyed by Chinese Tanks. But the Maya were the evident winner that turn, as they captured a Chinese city, Akkad. They also built a city named Uaxactun on Holwerd's ruins.

But Uaxactun didn't last, it was destroyed by China the next year. However, the Maya also captured another city, Zariqum. Their homeland territory now has a land connection through their territory to their Babylonian land.

Also in 1976, Rome's deal with Carthage for luxuries has expired- for the last time. Those Furs and Spices will soon be in Roman hands- but first Roman ships must be in range of the Carthaginian cities that have them. War will be declared soon.

And, in 1978, The Invasion was ready. First, Agent Green was sent to infiltrate Carthage. At this, he succeeded. He quickly showed the MASSIVE number of ships Carthage had (They had about 25 Destroyers at one point :eek:), and their big, and somewhat outdated army too.

And so, War was then Declared:

The first city to be attacked was Cirta, as it had Spices. It was heavily bombed, and then The 7th Army attacked. 2 units of Infantry were killed by them, but one more still remained. They were killed by a unit of Marines. Cirta has fallen, but the bombers accidentally destroyed the Harbor, so the Spices cannot yet reach the mainland.

(No Pic, I forgot to take one)

Utrecht, the only city Carthage captured from the Dutch, was next. Octavian's Army Took out a unit of Infantry and two of Guerillas that wer outside the city, blocking the only entrance that wasn't through hills. Tanks also destroyed two units of Infantry outside the city that weren't blocking the entrance, but were annoying.

Inside Utrecht, Claudius' Army killed two units of Infantry, and then a unit of Tanks went in to kill the remaining Cavalry defending. In the battle, many Carthaginian ships and bombers were destroyed, so Utrecht's capture was a great occurence.

(Again, no screenie...)

Back near Cirta, A unit of Tanks killed a unit of Infantry and destroyed a radar tower, but not before another unit was destroyed. The same thing happened at another nearby Radar Tower.

At which point, the city of Hippo, just to the west of Cirta, was attacked. After bombardment, The 5th Army killed a unit of Infantry, Anthony's army killed another Infantry unit, and the rest is history (this time, I got a screenie...).

Unfortunately, Carthage controls every route that might take ships carrying Spices from Hippo to the mainland, so the Spices still remain in Carthage.

Tingis would solve that problem, and thus it was attacked. A Cruise Missile was launched at it, and a unit of Infantry died. And, after more bombardment, it was easy for a Tank unit to finish off the unit of Infantry defending.

Unfortunately, the Harbor has once again been destroyed. Once the revolts end, Harbors will be rush-built in both Tingis and Cirta.

Back on the mainland, Iol was attacked. First, a Tank unit took out a nearby Radar Tower that was, strangely, undefended. Then the 8th Army attacked Iol itself, killing two units of Infantry before the city fell.

And then, in October, it was Carthage's turn to attack. One of their two Cruise Missiles was launced at the 5th Army. Several Bombing attacks took place, although one of Carthage's Bombers wsa shot down by Destroyer Anti-Air Guns.

In an Airfield built to the South of Cirta, a battle took place. A Carthaginian Marine unit killed a defending TOW Infantry unit. Then Tanks attacked, and a unit of Tanks and a unit of Marines fell. Fortunately, the Airfield still remains in Roman Hands.

Cirta itself was then attacked, and a Carthaginian Tank fell to defending Tanks.

No more attacks that year, but numerous Carthaginian attackers have appeared near Hippo.

Back on the other continent, a Mayan Tank unit was seen defeating Chinese Infantry.

In 1979, Roman Bombers started doing damage to the Carthaginian attackers near Hippo. After that, The 5th Army killed two units of Guerrila and 1 of Infantry, Anthony's Army killed two Infantry units, a Tank unit killed a Tank unit and a Cavalry unit, another one killed two Cavalry units, and two Marine units killed two Infantry units.

South of Cirta, more Carthaginians were poised to attack the Airfield. Bombers and Tanks took out 2 Infantry units, but more are certainly on their way.

Calaris was now attacked by Marines, but first, one of the 6 units on the Transport headed there killed an Infantry unit and took out a nearby Radar Tower. The 5 still in the Transport then attacked the defending 2 TOW Infantry units- and they all died.

During Carthage's next attack, two heavily injured units- a Marine and a Tank- were killed by two heavily injured Carthaginian units, also a Marine and a Tank. And, a lot of Troops were unloaded from ships near Tingis.

To make matters even worse, A revolt in Hippo killed Anthony and his army and returned control of the city to Carthage.

(Damn it, I really need to pay more attention and take F'ing screenies! :mad:)

As such, when the 5th Army took out the defending Carthaginian TOW Infantry, the city was destroyed in retaliation.

The 5th Army also killed a unit of Tanks nearby.

2 Marine units then killed 2 Infantry units, with a brilliant display of leadership by a commander named Titus...

Titus is Rome's 7th Great Military leader, although one of them is dead.

And now, It was time to destroy the massive amounts of Troops near Tingis. They were bombarded before anything else. Then, a Tank unit took out 2 Infantry units. Another was destroyed without killing any units. A Third killed a Guerrilla unit, and was killed by a Tank unit. The fourth defeated 2 Tank units. The Fifth killed a Tank unit and an Infantry unit. Then the 7th Army, which was in Tingis, Killed 2 Cavalry. Finally, a 6th Tank killed a Cavalry unit, a 7th killed an Infantry unit, The 8th lost to an Infantry unit, the 9th lost to an Infantry unit, and the invasion was finally dead.

Now, it was time to destroy the ships that landed them. They were heavily bombed. Although a Jet Fighter and 3 Bombers were lost in the fight, Carthage lost a Cruiser and 3 Destroyers. Now the remaining ships were attacked. The Destroyer RS Redeemer sank the Destroyer CS Screamer, the Battleship RS Uh... (I couldn't think of a name when it was created) sank a transport, The Destroyer RS Disentigrator sank another Transport, and finally, The Battleship RS Expedition destroyed the last Carthaginian ship, a destroyer named CS Devastator.

Bombers then bombed the Island of Russadir (6-tile island that has the city of Russadir on it) and destroyed an Infantry unit, a Radar tower, and the road to the Carthaginian Alluminum source.

Russadir will most certainly be very beneficial to capture. But, right now, Caeser holds his breath and waits for a counter-attack from Carthage. He is unsure whether or not he will be able to hold Cirta this turn, as 1 Tank unit defends it- and Carthage has 4 Tank units to attack with.

(I ran out of space on my piece of paper at this point, so this chapter ends in somewhat of a cliffhanger.)

Last edited:
Chapter 41: Nuclear Secrets

Hannibal and Smoke-Jaguar's secret projects, code-named "Manhattan", both with the intent to develop Nuclear Weapons, were unknown to all but the people who were in them, or in really high power- and even though Rome and China weren't trying, they knew, thanks to spies. And all 4 nations were ready to steal the secrets.

A bit to the North of Cirta, a Carthaginian Destroyer, the CS Sneaker, attacked the Battleship RS Expedition, and destroyed it. The Sneaker is still nearby, and almost begging for a counter-attack.

West of Cirta, a Carthaginian Tank unit wiped out two units of Marines. Farther west, Infantry attacked 3 Tank units defending 8 Artillery and a Carthaginian Worker. Ultimately, 3 Infantry caused them all to retreat. The worker and 6 of the Artillery have disappeared into Carthaginian territory, but 2 remain to bombard Tingis.

The Maya rebuilt Holwerd once again, this time with the name "Cuello".

1981 came and the first action done was to destroy the Tanks near Cirta that had killed all those Marines. The second action to take care of the Infantry that were located at 300 miles Southeast of Tingis, as well as another two 200 miles Southeast of Tingis where the 2 captured Artillery were. So, first, the Tanks that had taken care of the Tanks West of Cirta attacked one of the 2 Infantry units 300 miles Southeast of Cirta- and retreated. This was followed by another Tank unit attacking there and being totally destroyed. The third Tank unit, however, was able to deal with both of the Infantry units, so the two defending the captured Artillery could now be attacked. The first Tank unit attacked- and was destroyed (Who's building this Armor?). After firing the manufacturers of the Tank Armor given to the Roman Army, Caeser ordered the Infantry bombed. After good results, a Tank unit dealt with them, and the Artillery were recaptured. Carthage still holds 6 Artillery captured from Rome, though (4 of which I captured in my war with Egypt...).

At this point, it was time to do the annual bombing of Carthaginian Territory. 1 Carthaginian Flak Unit and 1 Carthaginian Guerrila unit, Plus 2 Radar Towers, were destroyed, although one Roman Bomber was shot down. Curse these Carthaginian Fighters...

Remember the CS Sneaker? Well, with bombardment fire from the RS Disentigrator and the RS Uh..., it was sunk by the RS Expedition.

Carthage then sent their 3 Bombers to bomb Cirta. No real damage was done, and Carthage now has 2 Bombers.

Unfortunately, a Carthaginian Tank unit was able to destroy 2 Roman Tank units, and the one (really annoying) unit of Carthaginian Marines destroyed a Third.

Caeser's Deals with Mao and Smoke-Jaguar for Dyes and Gems ran out not long after. And, he only had to pay an obscene amount for the Maya's Dyes, but not for China's Gems, as they lacked Uranium, and he could trade it to them for Gems and even some gold.

[NOTE FROM THE FUTURE: Curses! Another case of past me not noting what was in the deal and the picture disappearing from existence! I can only assume I paid an obscene amount of gold and like, Ivory or Coal or something?

In 1982, the Marines and Tanks that had earlier destroyed 3 Roman Tank units were destroyed, although 1 Tank unit was lost doing so.

Russadir was now to feel the wrath of the Roman Bombers. The 3 Jet Fighters stationed there were destroyed, the city's population was reduced massively (To Size 1, for those who are Interested), and the City Harbor was destroyed. Bombers bombing Carthaginian territory had less luck. No units were destroyed, only injured, and 3 Bombers were shot down.

Now it was Carthage's turn to Bomb, and there was again, almost no damage done with 2 Bombers. Then, a Destroyer by the name of CS Hannibal attacked the Dominator II and was easily sunk. The Second Dominator appears to be as Invincible as the first.

A Carthaginian Tank unit attacked the Seventh Army in Tingis. They were easily beaten. The same result occured when another Tank unit attacked the TOW Infantry defending the Airfield South of Cirta.

The city of Groningen was one of many Mayan cities that Surrounded the Chinese city of Hangchow. It was captured by China, and Hangchow is no longer almost completely surrounded by Mayan borders. The Maya, realizing this as a threat, as well as their first loss in the war that wasn't negligible, allied with Carthage against China.

Caeser considered allying with China against the Maya, but Caeser still has a deal with Smoke-Jaguar.

Luckily, in 1983, reinforcements arrived in massive numbers via transport to Carthage. The time for another attack is now.

Calaris was now to be immediately attacked. After Bombardment, a Jet Fighter and a Battleship were sunk, and 1 Bomber shot down. And after The Fifth Army and Titus' Army dealt with the 2 Defending TOW Infantry units, the city was captured. A Battleship, a Destroyer, and a Carrier that were not previously destroyed by bombardment were now sunk.

Rusaddir was next. Bombardment destroyed a Jet Fighter, an Infantry unit, and most of the other Infantry unit defending. These Infantry easily succumbed to attacking Marines.

Near Leptis Magna, 6 Carthaginian Workers, plus the 6 Captured Artillery, were located, undefended. Germancius' Army and Hadrian's Army captured both, and both will be taken out of Carthaginian territory as soon as possible. The Artillery were even able to destroy a nearby Radar Tower.

When Carthage bombed this turn, the 2 Bombers Targeted the attacking Armies.

Near Rusaddir, The Destroyer CS Comet sank one of the Destroyers that had bombarded Rusaddir for a while, the RS Harbinger.

Somewhere, a Carthaginian Tank unit killed a Roman Tank unit.

China Captured Medina in November. They now control all the territory Arabia had before Carthage discovered the continent, although the Maya still control some Arabic territory from before the Two continents knew about each other.

Speaking of the Maya, they finally completed the "Manhattan Project" in January, 1984:

The Knowledge quickly spread. A Chinese spy stole it from the Maya. A Carthaginian Spy stole it from China. And Rome's Spy, Agent Green, stole it from Carthage. The knowledge of HOW to make nukes is now known to the world, although the technology for actually making these weapons is not known yet (No one has Space Flight yet)

But Cruise Missiles are readily available, something the Carthaginian city of Sabratha learned the hard way in April. Unfortunately, they only had the effect of destroying a Jet Fighter and doing no other damage. Grr. Bombardment now happened. A Tank unit then lost to one of the 4 defending Infantry garrisons, but then 3 More Tanks defeated 3 of the garrisons. a 5th tank lost to the 4th, but a 6th was then quite able to finish the 4th. Only a heavily injured Tank unit remained to defend the city- and it was easily killed by a Roman Tank unit. Sabratha has fallen.

3 Carthaginian "Escort" Destroyers (All of which are named Escort) and a Transport had earlier appeared just to the North of Cirta. So, they were attacked, and the Dominator II, the Uh..., the Redeemer, and the Disentigrator made quick work of all 4 ships, with only small damage done to the Roman ships.

100 miles North of Oea was a Radar tower and an Infantry unit. A Roman Tank unit came along, and now both the Tower and the Infantry are gone.

Titus' Army, The 5th Army, and the 8th Army now attacked the city. 3 Infantry units were killed, a Jet Fighter was destroyed, and the rest is History.

So much seems to happen in just 4 years- probably because Carthage has such massive culture and so much military.

Last edited:
oo u should nuke some1 :evil:

Space Flight is not known yet, I can't. So, here's my current tech choices:

Space Flight->Computers (If the AI doesn't research it. Strangely, the Maya showed up with Ecology on the last turn- I was almost sure the AI would choose Computers over Ecology! Maybe they have a Spy...)->Nuclear Power->Miniaturization->Satellites (Hello, ICBM's!).

As soon as I get Nukes, I'll probably drop a few on some of Carthage's cities, as I've never used nukes before and am wanting to. For that matter, I haven't had nukes before, because the only time I've had the technology for them was in my last game, as the Dutch, and no one built the Manhattan Project (I was an age ahead in tech). But now, the Manhattan project is built, and as soon as I get Space Flight and Satellites...

also if you really want to get rid of a city w/ like 50+ units in them in like 1 turn nuke them & about half disapear and get really badly hurt :) its really really fun... the only cruddy thing is, is polution & the other AI will Declare war on you

Top Bottom