Many Leaders Game 2 - Sword Training

Jet - that's awesome. :)

Spoiler :
What sort of tech/unit level are your opponents at? I'd check the save, but couldn't see it and am at work right now. :D

Also i forgot to mention,

Spoiler :
That entire war i had with churchill was won using preats, a few trebs and crossbows. I'm going to upgrade what seems like my numberless preats all to infantry and mongolian ass kicking will be seen on next turnset.

I just get The Look and a "That's nice dear!"
Not fair! :gripe:

:lol: You'd never guess the boys at DM have covered that one.

Drunk SG

*notices Rex, Imhotep and Greyfox there*

Actually, I thought DM would do something like this... But it was an SG.... Multiple drunks doing crazy stuff (I'm still reading it, though). :p Hey! It lead to nowhere!!!! Bad advertisement!!!!! I'm gonna sue you!
If we actually make it, we'll have good material to compare a sober playing with a drunk playing... You never know, but maybe, just maybe, being drunk will do wonders for a game. And I don't mean being wonder-happy! :lol:

I'll stop the thread-jack for now.

Spoiler :

@Jet: ALWAYS WAR! COOL! :ar15:

@Bindamel: Actually, I didn't like the partisans too. I think (note the emphasis. It's totally empiric guess) the unit it spawns is the same "draftable" unit the civ can spawn at the time.
If you disconnected all the metals, the civ would spawn warriors until gunpowder, which should be nice. ;)
But, regardless of this point, razing a city now is a major gamble. Either the resistants attack you just after you capture the city or they reinforce the capital. It's good, however, that the AI no longer gives us that completely crap cities they used to in Vanilla. It's bad that conquest is now even harder than domination.
@Ozzy: his pics are ok for me now...

@TLO: I had to settle various junk cities to get that domination land up. It's faster to build settlers and galleys (galleons) than to conquer a city in Washy's land. So, there's a piece of advice. Always follow Ozzy's advice! Am I right, Bindamel? ;)

Yah i figured Jet, my biggest worry is Ghnadi de-capitulating from me. (his land does count as my land for dominition i think)

In warlords you used to get 50% of vassals' pop and land added to yours for domination.

Spoiler :
Oh, one more thing: I'm not sure I like the partisan thing. I'm killing two longbowmen and a spearman to raze a city and four macemen are popping out of the woodwork?
Spoiler :
:confused: I haven't seen these partisan units, yet. Can you elaborate on what they do?

Edit: I guess I should have just read a little further before posting ...

Spoiler :
@Bindamel: Actually, I didn't like the partisans too. I think (note the emphasis. It's totally empiric guess) the unit it spawns is the same "draftable" unit the civ can spawn at the time.
If you disconnected all the metals, the civ would spawn warriors until gunpowder, which should be nice. ;)
But, regardless of this point, razing a city now is a major gamble. Either the resistants attack you just after you capture the city or they reinforce the capital.
Spoiler :
I know I've razed cities and not seen these partisans. My second BTS game was as Justinian and I razed a bunch of HC's cities. I didn't have any units spawn. Is this like a random event? Or is supposed to happen whenever you raze a city?

Spoiler :
:confused: I haven't seen these partisan units, yet. Can you elaborate on what they do?

Edit: I guess I should have just read a little further before posting ...

Spoiler :
I know I've razed cities and not seen these partisans. My second BTS game was as Justinian and I razed a bunch of HC's cities. I didn't have any units spawn. Is this like a random event? Or is supposed to happen whenever you raze a city?
Spoiler :
I've read somewhere that it indeed is a random event: Some people get partisans from all cities and some don't get any. I didn't get any partisans at my game after razing the whole greek empire.

Turns coming tomorrow morning Finlands time.

Spoiler :
I've read somewhere that it indeed is a random event: Some people get partisans from all cities and some don't get any. I didn't get any partisans at my game after razing the whole greek empire.

Turns coming tomorrow morning Finlands time.

Does this need a spoiler tag? Yes indeed it is a random event.

I didn't get that event as i keept every singal city i captured.

So, I'm a damn lucky guy! Too bad it's bad luck! :p
Every single city I raze nowadays get me partisans... Even the auto-razed ones.. :gripe:
I guess I'll have to change manually that random seed... :hammer2:

Report from Lisboa, in the God's year of 1700 ( in the verge of the XVIII century :band: )
Spoiler :
Turn 202.Gandhi wants deal. I agree
Spoiler :

Traded Gems per iron with Ramesses ( good for both. I need Happiness and he needs metals )

Turn 206 Used a GM in Istambul ( 1700 gold ).Will fund deficit research after some upgrades

Turn 209 Chemistry in in. Time for....
Spoiler :

AP resolution for stop trading with Wash. Said no

Turn 210 Resolution fails ( good to see that.... )

Turn 212 Weedy IBT : Alex demands Philo , the Bulldog wants guilds for 25 gold and gandhi gives gifts to a arranged mariage between a Portuguese and a Indian, putting stress in relations

Turn 215 First Privateer at work ( Gandhi doesn’t even have Optics :crazyeye: )
Spoiler :

Turn 219 AP proposal .Stop war with Alex :lol: voted no

Turn 220 Resolution fails ( me , Gandhi and Mehmed voted against... )

Turn 227 Discovered Democracy and changed civics
Spoiler :

Turn 228 Failed the Blessed sea quest :p

Turn 230 AP resolution for OB with all members passes ( against my will ). A mixed blessing: more trade routes , more boring neighbours...

Turn 234 Bought Music from Ramesses ( Colonies are great for this kind of deals )

Turn 241 Tensions grow between Gandhi and Alex....
Spoiler :

Turn 244 Alex Dowed Gandhi ( the news of the century :lol: ). I’m really tempted to take sides...

Turn 246 Wash asks for us to cut deals with greeks and the bulldog builds the taj

Turn 250 SoL is online
Spoiler :

Alex calls a vote to stop the war... voted no ( no desire of seeing this war ending )

Reminders for next turnset

Continue cultural war in Libian
Continue pumping Privateers until they aren’t useful anymore
Route for Sushi ( in spite of obseleting GLighthouse.... the corps are really powerful if you use them wisely )

P.S Just to give a taste of the Portuguese UB ( one of the best in the game IMHO ( I would call it OP if it was in a Fin leader hands ), I'll post 2 screenies from 1700 ( notice the number of cottages in the second city :p ... even then it is the city that produces more gold in the empire ( of course that the shrine helps ) )
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Lisboa,1700 AD

Now time to see how everyone is going and to see the fuzz about jet game :p

@ Ozbenno
Spoiler :
Sorry about the erroneous intel... but in warlords labs do give the bonus to Apollo. Another change that isn't in the manual? :gripe:

@Jet
Spoiler :
I want to see the "jet vs "Rest of the World" smackdown" result with a lot of pictures of people dying :lol: . Just reserved a spot in the front row for that show...

Spoiler :
@ Ozbenno - Sorry about the erroneous intel... but in warlords labs do give the bonus to Apollo. Another change that isn't in the manual? :gripe:

No problems. The more I think about it though, the more I think that this path is actually better, get labs and health buildings up and running before building SS parts. When I play the next round I'm going to try and analyse this a bit with numbers and stuff ;)

And the manual is a joke :mad:. I downloaded the one made by Anion, which is much better.

The analysis will go up after I get Sealot's save. vra, you still with us?

OK, the next round (for those still in it). There are two options, we go another 50 or just play the game out. What does everyone think? I'm pretty sure I'll have launched in 50 so not concerned. If we limit it to 50, does anyone know what year turn 300 is?

Also, when you have won your game, can you either edit your first post or create a new post, with a link to each round of your own game (like ChrTh has done on post #2)? I'll then put a post up linking these, so lurkers (if we have any left) have the option of following a single game from start to finish.

The analysis will go up after I get Sealot's save. vra, you still with us?

OK, the next round (for those still in it). There are two options, we go another 50 or just play the game out. What does everyone think? I'm pretty sure I'll have launched in 50 so not concerned. If we limit it to 50, does anyone know what year turn 300 is?

Also, when you have won your game, can you either edit your first post or create a new post, with a link to each round of your own game (like ChrTh has done on post #2)? I'll then put a post up linking these, so lurkers (if we have any left) have the option of following a single game from start to finish.

I say play to finish, and provide saves for every 50 turns. How about that?

i like that idea as i want to finish my game as this SG is starting to become an Ass on my schedule. And i almost won. (only have to upgrade my preats to infantry and make a smackdown of mongolia.)

I say a save for every 50 turns so you can provide us with the amazing graph from Microsoft Excell every 50 turns.

I see Ozbenno has already got tired of me and removed my name from his latest list ... :lol:

But anyway, here I am, still with stuck with my rusty old sword (i.e. not yet beyond the sword) at 4000BC waiting .... while you guys at close to 6000 years ahead, ... and I can just grape at the shipping date that changes from 10Aug -> 24 Aug -> 31 Aug -> 15 Sep ...

Considering this, and the fact that this thread is now at 23 pages :eek: and I haven't read any, I am forced to withdraw myself from this training --- I am truly sorry ... morale of the story, never sign up for a game which you don't even own (yet).

--

Info on the Partisans, from Ori's thread in the BTS section:

Event139
Partisans
Prereq: Emancipation civic AND one of your cities was razed
Obsolete: None
Active/Weight: 55/0
Result:
1.a number of drafted units (equal to city's culture level -1) spawn at the city site
2.half that number of drafted units spawn in the capital

So, if that's correct, it shouldn't happen unless my opponent is in Emancipation (which he can't be, atm), so that may be a bug?

Top Bottom