Many Leaders Game 2 - Sword Training

The only think I have to add to this format is that 40 turns on the BCs is one thing and 40 turns after 1800 AD is totally different. If we're at a modern war, WAY more different... I don't like getting turnsets to last more than one week, though. It kinda makes the interest on the game fall. But we should try to balance it. Say, 60 turns on the first set, and 40 until 1000 AD, and then follow 20 or something... I don't know. I think you experts will do the balance way better than myself.

100% Agreed. I agree on the first set 60 turns, And after that 40 Turn sets. BUt how about 40 turn set's to 1500 AD? as to 1000 AD will make the turnsets kinda short. And then after whatever date, only 20 turn sets?

Good point on the turn lengths. Its a hard thing to try and balance as if you decrease the sets, you increase the (real) time the game takes and risk Kodii-itis ;) as the players who finished first have longer to wait until everyone finishes. How about 50 turns/week in BC years and 40 once we hit ADs.

One of the things that was apparent in this game was that the development years were the most interesting to compar the games. We can also look at relaxing the "x turns a week" rule at a given stage of the game (say after 1500s), as most people will have won the game by that stage. You would still have to report at set years but can just play at your own pace, either reporting quicker or slower than before.

Hopefully the two above changes will cover peoples concerns about the time to play their turns.

As for level, I think I'll leave it at Prince. Lets progress the levels in turn. That makes MLG7 Deity ;)

Did anyone have any problem with the number of people involved? Obviously everyone who completed MLG2 gets a start in MLG3, that would be 11 runners. Should we accept a couple more to get numbers to 16 or leave as is. I found it more interesting with the amount of people starting this one (16) as there were that many different approaches, I got more out of it but equally, it was hard to remember which game was which :lol:

Once Bindamel puts up the final report, I'll close this one off and open.....

MLG3 - Prince Domination

Declare your candidacy and pick a leader (any leader is fair game now not just BtS ones).

I'm going Ethiopian myself :goodjob:

I'm going Mayan. Pacal II.

Anyway what's the point of the new MLG game? IS there special rules such as unrestricted leaders? Or is it just a plain out game with nothing special?

Anyway what's the point of the new MLG game? IS there special rules such as unrestricted leaders? Or is it just a plain out game with nothing special?

Everyone is going for the same victory condition, domination. Other than that no special rules or variants.

@r_rolo1 - :p :lol:

LastOne, the idea is that it's bit of a a competition. We race for the earliest victory date. That's the edge.

Ozbenno, I forgot how to link a save. Working it out now ...:lol:

@ Ozbenno

Just one question: map script? Fractal ,Continents, Pangea, B&S ?
If you want a vote, B&S or Fractal

P.S. It is good to be the big boss, isn't it :mad: ?

Just one question: map script? Fractal ,Continents, Pangea, B&S ?
If you want a vote, B&S or Fractal

Was thinking B&S or Hemispheres (ie one of the BtS maps). The first MLG was Continents and required us to invade the other continent to get the domination limit. I think that is a touch harder than having the starting landmass ove rthe domination limit. So maybe Hemispheres.

P.S. It is good to be the big boss, isn't it :mad: ?

Got to be some advanage to running this thing ;)

@mice - use the insert link button (the one with a globe and paper clip) and link the the URL location of the save (assuming you've used easy-upload to upload it to CFC).

I'll put together a linkage post for my game in the next day or so. Far too late at night to be trawling for posts! :)

I'd be up for Napoleon if possible = never played as him - looks like he'd be good and the musketeers new position in the tree should be interesting...

If it's new leaders only, then Babylon would be my backup.

As for settings - it's all good! We'll all be playing the same map after all.

On Number of players - kinda liked the extra players as well. But would be happy to go with whatever the organiser prefers/finds easiest!

Hey! I'd better think up my leader... You guys are fast... I was hoping to get Ethiopia too... :gripe: you, Ozzy!

50/40 seems too much like the current ones, Ozzy. Maybe we could do 60, 50, 40 (maybe a couple of 40) and 30 onwards...

I just would like to get one of the scripts that doesn't necessarily have much islands. You know, the way things are about colony expenses and stuff... Oh! And what do you think of waiting until 3.13 is out?
Care to add a little handicap? What about no vassal states? No vassal states means no colonies, which means no colony expenses... Just an idea. ;)

We're going domination, right? Reserve Boudica for me, please!

Hey! I'd better think up my leader... You guys are fast... I was hoping to get Ethiopia too... :gripe: you, Ozzy!

:p

50/40 seems too much like the current ones, Ozzy. Maybe we could do 60, 50, 40 (maybe a couple of 40) and 30 onwards...

Well what I am actually suggestion is 50 (2000BC), 50 (375BC), 40 (700AD?), 40 (1200AD?) as mandatory weekly sessions and then play at your own pace, reporting every 40 turns until victory. Games should be set up nicely for victory (or defeat) at this stage. I don't want to make the original turns more than 50 as they are the most interesting to look at and analyse. Also don't want to drag out the game too much.

How does this sound?

Oh! And what do you think of waiting until 3.13 is out?;)

I would like 3.13 to be out and I'm hoping that happens before next weekend (when I want to start off) but we'll see. If its not we should be able to patch and still be able to play.

Care to add a little handicap? What about no vassal states? No vassal states means no colonies, which means no colony expenses... Just an idea. ;)

I hate vassals (its really broken) so I'm with you here. No Vassals, no colonies it is. Domination the hard way :goodjob:

Hammy, Round 8 – Home at last, with a few extra turns.

Spoiler :
In 1946 London finally fell.

I would eventually capture Karakorum and Washington, both from Kublai, so with Delhi and Athens, I owned five AI capitals. Athens was one of four cities that I could produce a tank from every turn.

In 1948, Winnie capitulates. His only city is Oxford, on the one tile island south of MY continent. He doesn’t look terribly happy about it. Pride goeth before the fall, Winnie!

In 1951, I declare on the last civilization to have the nerve to own property on my continent, the two-faced (think about it) Kublai Khan. Turned out to be a two-on-two as he had Washington as a vassal.

New unit came available, definitely not useful in this game, I’m not exactly sure when it would be useful, honestly.

The other new unit that I managed to get to was the guided missile. I played with it a bit, but 4 square travel is very limiting. I’m assuming you need subs to get the most out of them, but I didn’t try it to find out.

Now here’s an event. Is one of the prerequisites for this event “has knowledge of artillery”? I hope not.

My 1957 remake of Custer’s last stand that I mentioned previously? Remember the spear/tank smiley. Well, it wasn’t quite that bad, but…

Of the battles listed, only one (Cavalry defeats my Infantry, with flanking damage to 4 of my units) didn’t take place in the square of doom. He suicided 24 units, and had a couple of withdrawals. I lost 7 infantry, 2 cavalry, and a tank. My tank lost to a knight, eventually, and one of my infantries lost to a longbowman. I turned Nebuchadrezzar into a vengeance tank, btw.

I did manage to get a National Park/Forest Preserve city built on one of the barbarian islands; I can see the potential, but it was purely a curiosity in this game.

In 1980, the “end” of this turnset:

so close, and yet so far.

Continuing on, it ended in 1982.

I built way too many units late…

…killed a few along the way, too.

And I scored an Augustus Caesar, one position better than me! Hey, wait a minute, Augie’s a hack compared to me. Someone has some explaining to do! :mad:

The 1980 save is attached to this post (or will be in the future, given my save posting history so far), I will make a second post with the final save and replay, and with links to each report.

Attachments

• MLG2_1980AD_Hammurabi.CivBeyondSwordSave
    455.3 KB · Views: 62
Ozbenno said:
Its a hard thing to try and balance as if you decrease the sets, you increase the (real) time the game takes and risk Kodii-itis ;)
:lol:

I'll take the HRE because nobody played him in MLG2, it wasn't included in Epic 13, and everybody hates it. Plus, the UB looks promising for a domination victory.

EDIT: XPosted with Bindamel. Congratulations on the victory, its over! :D

Well done Bindamel :goodjob:

130 Redcoats is a hell of a stat :eek:

I think that's the last submission we're going to get.

In summary, here's everyone's victories...

Kodii - Justinian - Diplomatic Victory 1410AD
azaris - de Gaulle - Diplomatic Victory 1460AD
FeedBack - Pericles - Domination Victory 1665AD
TheLastOne36 - Augustus - Domination Victory 1828AD
Ozbenno - Darius - Space Victory 1830AD
pigswill - Gilgamesh - Space Victory 1919AD
Conroe - Willem van Oranje - Diplmatic Victory 1920AD
TriviAl - Lincoln - Space Victory 1931AD
mice - Zara Yaqob - Domination Victory 1953AD
r rolo1 - Joao II - Space Victory 1956AD
Bindamel - Hammurabi - Domination 1982AD

Again, thanks to everyone for taking part. It certainly opened my eyes to some of the new features of BtS and was a lot of fun to play and run.

I'll start up a thread for MLG3 soon.

Top Bottom