Many Leaders Game 3 - Prince Domination

I negotiated with my wife a full civ time at Wednesdays, which would last for 2 hours and a half

Different continent same concern :lol:
As for me, I cut my sleep time for about an hour every day to get the games going...

While we're on the topic (not that we were), thoughts for MLG4!?!

I was thinking Monarch as the next natural progression and either space or cultural as the condition. What do we think?

I was also thinking of doing a MLG with an unusual condition. I thought Fall from Heavan, mice suggested Always War!?!

Would people want to do two MLG games (I couldn't run two, so would someone want to run the second)?

Don't worry, oh great leader.... I'm finishing my turnset and will post in 5/6 hours ( still have some hours of work between :mad: )

About MLG 4 : I like the AW idea.... and no, I'm not avaliable for hosting it ( "We're with the hands full at the moment" aka 4 SG + hosting 2 open games :p )

Monarch sounds great to me. Been really enjoying these ML games. I'm a little pushed at the moment to be starting another until one is over... Got this and 2 other SG on the go as well as some other stuff... and ML-3 is looking to be getting quite time consuming. :)

Cultural would get my vote - nice counterpoint to the current game - and not won that way before in BTS or Warlords. :blush: Not sure why, but always find some other direction to head in. But I'm easy any which way!

An AW game could be fun. Although we might not want to jump to monarch with that variant. :eek:

A UN diplomatic win could be fun - do you war for votes or try to make friends and influence people?

Monarch sounds great to me. Been really enjoying these ML games. I'm a little pushed at the moment to be starting another until one is over... Got this and 2 other SG on the go as well as some other stuff... and ML-3 is looking to be getting quite time consuming. :)

Certainly not looking at starting until this one is over but trying to get an idea where people want to go.

Cultural would get my vote - nice counterpoint to the current game - and not won that way before in BTS or Warlords.

Like this ;). I would vote culture by the way.

An AW game could be fun. Although we might not want to jump to monarch with that variant. :eek:

The AW or FFH would be a seperate game (MLG4a maybe). Trying to establish if there is enough interest in 2 MLG games, one Monarch space/culture and one unusual game (AW/FFH) at a level to be determined.

@ Oz, TriviAl & r_rolo

I would vote cultural for Monarch too. It's a great idea, and a nice way for some of noobs like me to jump a level up :D

AW sounds appealing if it's on small map. This way I sign asap. Otherwise, it seem pretty tedious, managing all these troops into war.
Well, the MLG 3 is already rather heavy anyway when you think :)

Fall from Heaven would be a great one too, though we should drop a level ;) I don't know you, I have never tried it :blush:, so it is really appealing to discover it but maybe a little bit hard core on Prince.

Does FfH still play like Marathon speed? If so it will be very tedious.

Epic is the default speed for FFH. From what I've found (played 3/4 games) 400-500 turns seems the game spread, so longer than what we're dealing with here but still fun.

Anyway, perhaps there should be a separate MLG planning thread to limit the spam in what will already be a massive game thread.

Spam, what's spam? ;) If anyone doesn't want to spam up the thread PM me. :mischief:

In any case, MLG4 will be a Monarch game (culture winning out now). Just want to see if there is interest in 2 games going simultaneously (with one being an odd theme).

, mice suggested Always War!?!

I dont remember that. I wouldn't like to play an AW game.

FfH though sounds good as I've never played a game, but want to. Right now I'm trying to get off this continent.

Spoiler :
Turn 152 : I decided it was time to take Shaka down:
Spoiler :

Turn 153 here is Shaka’s 1st response :
Spoiler :

Completely obliterated next turn, with the loss of 1 cat

Turn 155 time for maces and x-bows:
Spoiler :

Turn 156 Some more cats down and:
Spoiler :

Now time to hold defense until new cats get to the front

We got a GG. Settled it in capitol

Turn 157 Got a Gspy, researched IW and
Spoiler :

Turn 161 We raze another zulu city. Partisans appear ( probably axes ) and for the first time, I’m ahead of Shaka in power.

After a while, some troops lost ( including a almost hopeless defense of Nobamba) , the grand prize is in our hands:
:corrupt jpeg: :mad:
And city after city fell ( now without the mids, Shaka standing army was clearly breaking down... but those phants demanded pikes ) and our economy as well ( almost hit the 0% ( with a fin civ :eek: ) ). But Shaka had to go down.... Goth was the last city in continent to fell ( turn before I had a mediator :lol: ) :
Spoiler :

As you can see in the upper left corner, my economy was in shambles and had no navy in hand. So I decided to acept peace with Shaka:
Spoiler :

Turn before ( at the same time as the mediator ) I’ve got this quest:
Spoiler :

As I have gold and silver, forges are a good idea by itself... but it cames a little too late ( it obsoletes with Education ) and the reward is not as big as it could be ( 1 cooper revealed, Swords with shock promo or ( if with state religion ) gain a free engineer in Vanhalla. I think we have 3 forges already, so maybe I’ll try that....

After some more turns healing troops, I decided to go after Izzy capitol:
:corrupt jpeg: :mad: again?
Took Pamplona easily.... madrid was harder ( capitol and holy city in a hill ) and required some sacrifices ( 2 berserkers and 1 phant ), but it fell:
Spoiler :

Of course that a shrine would be handy, but a nice dye grassland area is good as well.

A little earlier, we got this little and unimportant Tech:
Spoiler :

My turnset ended with the fall of the phant/horse Izzy city:
Spoiler :

Plans for next turnset:

-Finish both Shaka and Izzy ( the latter is building metal units... I bet it settled that offshore desert iron )
-Contact the outer world and get the circumnavigation bonus
-Finish the quest ( the forges now give + 2 :) )
-Get Astro of Lib and beeline Chemistry to get some free XP from Privateers
- Prepare the invasion of the other side of the world ( Some GG had appeard in my turnset.... the other continent is in war. Maybe someone will invite me for the taking )

@ Ozbenno
F8
Spoiler :

Demo screen
Spoiler :
Just in case the save has any kind of problem....
Now post the Dominatrix, please..... ;)

Attachments

• Ragnar AD-1400.CivBeyondSwordSave
    220.9 KB · Views: 64
my shadow game is up to turn 250, and all my screenies got dumped when my civ stopped working a couple days ago. However, i'll try to catch even up on the events as I can. Short version: i'm somewhat vindicated ;)

oh, and Ozzie ~ i think you forgot to list my land percentage . . . oh, no ~ that's right . . .

finally, as to MLG4 ~ i'd like to say I don't have the time...like to, but can't ~ i'm in for a monarch culture win ~ Pericles please :D, or even better random leaders (or, the best scenario: random unrestricted leaders!)

finally, as to MLG4 ~ i'd like to say I don't have the time...like to, but can't ~ i'm in for a monarch culture win ~ Pericles please :D, or even better random leaders (or, the best scenario: random unrestricted leaders!)

Instead of first in - best leader, as we've done (to my advantage for always being first in :goodjob:), I was going to let leader choice be by reverse finishing order in this one (ie whoever has the best time in MLG3 gets to pick their leader for MLG4 last), so pholk, you definately get to pick first :mischief:.

Interested to see how the shadow is going.

Instead of first in - best leader, as we've done (to my advantage for always being first in :goodjob:), I was going to let leader choice be by reverse finishing order in this one (ie whoever has the best time in MLG3 gets to pick their leader for MLG4 last), so pholk, you definately get to pick first :mischief:.

Interested to see how the shadow is going.

Lurkers comment: How about people like me who want to make a re-entrance in MLG4? :mischief:

Some thoughts on the games...

Spoiler :

The race is definately on.

yena has launched his invasion fleet a turn or two from the end, TriviAl is just about to hit the water and I'm exactly 5 turns from launching.

Ralph and pawelo have Astronomy as well.

Shaka and Izzy just remains as memories or isolated pockets in all games :goodjob:

Thoughts on the leaders I selected...

As mentioned before I picked 2 leaders from each incantation of Civ IV.

Vanilla: Isabella and Mansu. I was hoping that Mansu would be on our island and that everyone would have the difficult choice of keeping him around for tech trading or wiping him out. Izzy can be just plain annoying in games but was strangely impotent in this one.

Warlords: Shaka and Wang. I was hoping that Shaka would be on the starting island but further away, so he couldn't be dealt with until later in the game. Wang is a sort of mix between Mansu and Toko, techs like a mad bastard but sometimes won't ever trade.

BtS: Justinian and Suryavarman. Justinian has played his part perfectly in most games. I wanted him to be on the other island and expand hugely. Sury, I was hoping, would be our immediate neighbour. An early creative neighbour can be a pain in the butt.

okay, waiting for the wife to get home, so i have a bit of time.

Spoiler :
so, here is the last installment of Shadow-Lincoln
[sing to the tune of "shadow dancin']

it's now about 100 turns later, and here's my empire:

Notice I haven't completely filled in my island yet, as I . . . well, i don't remember why, but let's all assume it was for a good reason, shall we? okay.

I build some wonders on my island there, and got a bunch of Great Scientists ~ 9 to be exact so far in the game. I mostly used them to bulb techs, i think, but have no confirmation of this. I probably used one for an academy in ulundi, my sci city, as well settling one or two there.

I got the nav bonus, as well as Liberalism (took Astro) as i think many people might've.

In my game, poor Suryavarmint has been eliminated by Justinian, who is the Dom leader w/30% and the power to match. Check it out:

I declared on MM since WK was vassalized to Justinian. However, shortly after my DoW, those 2 joined in. Their end is mostly phony at this point, and I am looking to keeping a strong navy to stop them from getting frisky.

I've taken Timbuktu, and some other rinky-dink city there, and am moving in on Djenne:

(hard to see, but . . .)

WW is creeping up, and my sci slider is at 10%, culture @ 20%, but i'm still doing fairly well tech-wise.

I've now got Grenadiers and Cannon on the move west to finish off and vassalize MM, and move onto the main continent. Justinian is going to be a real bugger to finish off, but should be fun! :yup: since i'm out of the running, getting a large tech-lead and crushing him w/advanced machinery seems appealing.

Here's my tech screen:

And demo:

And that's that ~ no need for a save, I assume?

also, instead of bumping it up to monarch, why not try Agg AI on Prince?? would make for an interesting challenge for a culture win ~

Top Bottom