• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

I Can't Believe I Let You Talk Me Into This - Communist China HoI2 AAR

Why, so the next save will just crash on me again?

Do ALL of your HoI2 saves crash now? Start a new game perhaps? And what's with paradox saved games getting corrupted, hasn't happened to me yet and I don't recall it happening in other games. (except morrowind but that was due to mods).

The saves from my Germany AAR still work. I can play those without any problem.

I'm going to try reinstalling. I started a game as Canada and just let it fly though a few months, but it crashed as well after save.

I'm in the middle of the reinstall right now, so I can't really check. But it was the HoI Anthology, so I would assume its the latest patch.

HoI did somthing like this to me, i played as nationalist china and left the chinese alliance. i attacked shanxi right after and attacks wouldnt work.

they would just march to the province and would just keep marching (doing nothing) until there werent any units in the province. they werent fighting but they would take provinces that werent guarded.

Alright, everything is up and running again. And some good news. I've actually managed to field a few more infantry divisions thanks to me defeating Shanxi quicker than in my second restart. During that one I tried to rush for the VP for a quick victory, but it didn't work out so good. :mischief:

Chapter V - Renewing Hostilities

With the outbreak of the new Sino-Japanese War, Mao Zedong negotiated a truce with the Japanese. While it appeared to the Japanese that the Communists would pull out and allow for them to fight the other Chinese nations, Mao had already assured Chiang Kai-shek of his intentions. By pulling out of the war, the Japanese would pull forces out of Manchuria for the campaign in the south. After two months of waiting, all that remained of Japanese forces was a small border guard, with the Communists possessing the advantage in numbers.

With the opportunity presenting itself, Mao set his plan into action. He marched his armies across the border and sent a declaration of war to Tokyo. It was fall and the Communists would have much ground to cover before the onset of winter if they wished to take advantage of their suprise attack.

Thirty-five Communist divisions attacked Japanese soldiers stationed along the border. The Japanese where quickly overwhelmed and forced to retreat into Manchuria. The vital port city of Tangshan came under Communist control, including its power plant which produced a large amount of energy (35 energy :D)

With the Communists now advancing deep into Japanese held lands, large quantities of Kuomintang reinforcements began to head north. With KMT reinforcements reaching the front lines, the balance of power along the front began to shift. With the combination of KMT numbers and CCP equipment, the Chinese were able to push deep into Manchuria by the time winter arrived in December.

As the snow fell in the winter of 1937, the Communists and Japanese were beginning to dig in for the next few months. The Chinese were now just outside of Mukden, but with the heavy snowfall, any attempted attack would be ill-advised. KMT reinforcements continued to arrive, giving the Communists much needed support.

With the war rolling on, Communist forces continued to recruit new soldiers from the new lands they conquered. Now with 45 infantry divisions, they numbered just under half of those of the Kuomintang. The various Chinese warlords fielded armies of greatly inferior numbers, leaving the KMT and CCP to do most of the fighting.

One thing, I think expeditionary forces appear under whomever is leading them, not who actually owns them. This means that the forces of the minor warlords are probably larger, it's just that they have lent them to the Nat.Chi (or KMT if you prefer).

Chapter VI - Onwards

In the spring, the ground began to thaw and the snow melted. With the weather improving, KMT forces began the new offensive into Ulan Hot. The KMT focused their efforts towards northern Manchuria, while the CCP headed into the industry rich south. The Japanese had reinforced the area, making the advances tough, but over time the Chinese slowly crept forwards. Over the summer the KMT forces had reached Qiqihar in the interior and had made many attempts at taking Harbin. By Fall, the lines had moved moved closer to Harbin and Xingjing, but with a new winter approaching, both sides began to dig in for the winter.

On January 1, 1939, the lines had changed very little. The only changes were the Chinese taking possession of Hailar in the north and the important port and airstrip in Dalian. The Chinese forces began to attack the city of Harbin. They were successful in taking the city, but the victory was shortlived. The Japanese counterattacked and took control back.

However, over the course of the next few months, Harbin continually changed hands. Every few weeks an attack was launched on the city and it changed hands many times. By the end of March, the Chinese were finally successful in taking the city. With the fall of Harbin, Chinese forces continued east, reaching Mudanjiang along the Soviet border. A large number of Japanese and Manchurian forces became trapped in northern China.

The Manchurian government collapsed in early April. The capital, Xingjing, fell to Communist forces and a peace treaty was negotiated between the two sides. Manchukuo accepted total defeat, and was annexed by the Chinese Communists. As a sign of goodwill, soldiers in the Manchurian army were allowed to surrender peacefully and returned to their hometowns. Despite the fall of Manchuria, the Japanese continued to fight on.

During the summer, the Communists reached the Yalu River. This marked the end of Manchuria and the start of Korea. By now the Japanese forces were begining to crumble and the Chinese quickly advanced down the peninsula. A large force of Japanese soldiers took up positions in Chongyin, causing a major problem for the Chinese forces. With the fall of the rest of the peninsula, the Japanese in Chongyin were the last holdouts. After many months, the Chinese were finally victorious and took possession of Chongyin on September 9. With this defeat, the Japanese had now lost all their possessions on mainland Asia.

With the capture of Korea, the Chinese set up a new puppet state. After many long years of Japanese colonial rule, the Korean people now had a new state of their own. The People's Republic of Korea ruled the entire peninsula. The island of Cheju, traditionally a part of Korea, was still under Japanese occupation. The new Communist state was led by Kim Il-Sung, and loyal to the Chinese Communists.

Finally, the new map of Asia. The IC of Communist China has more than doubled, and is now competitve with that of the Nationalists.

The funny thing is, the Nationalists actually did most of the fighting for me. :lol: They took most of Manchuria, and all I really did was beat up the last remaining Japanese in Korea and support some of their attacks.

Nearing the end of 1939

Is getting to Japan even feasible? Given the sheet strength of the Japanese Navy and Army and also considering that there isn't anyone else in the Far East attacking Japan to divert these resources away at the moment?

I'd be surprised if we even had the one transport, at this point. Hence why I'm asking if Nationalist China may be a better option for expansion.

Even trying to attack Japan would be suicide. Getting to Japan itself would be a feat.

Top Bottom