FfH2 0.30 Balance Issues

Are Assassins really supposed to target (and destroy) dropped equipment? This kinda ruins the assassins job at killing damaged units in the city if you want to capture the equipment after taking over the city. Since if you wanna keep it, you have to stop attacking with the assassins.

This is a problem introduced by BtS patch 3.13. Bhruic patch fixes this, so Kael & C. can look into that and grab the code (the source is available).

Please report it in the bug thread, since it is a bug.

I installed Bhruic's patch before I installed FfH and it works fine. I don"t know how it would work the other way.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Dwarven smithy (- 1 healthy, +10% hammers, +10% hammers with copper, +10% hammers with iron, +10% hammers with mithril)

vs

Forge (standard) (- 1 healthy, +25% hammers, +1 happy from gold, removes the 'rusted' promotion)

The smithy which replaces the forge has neither the 'Removes rust' nor '+1 Happy from gold' bonuses at the same cost as the normal forge (250 hammers, - 1 health)

This makes the dwarves at a disadvantage (most of the time - unless player has all metal resources) on a building where you would expect them to be assisted.

suggestion
- dwarven smithy adds +1 happy to gold, removes rust, cost 300 (from 250 hammers)

Both smithies were originally only 10% prod. bonus, so since the normal one has been changed, the dwarven should reflect this change too.

I installed Bhruic's patch before I installed FfH and it works fine. I don"t know how it would work the other way.

Best wishes,

Breunor

you can't do it that way, Bhruic's .dll is not loaded with FFH which has its own dll.

Slave trade seems pretty broken. For 10 gold I get a unit that i can sac for 15 hammers (and theres no stop to the number of slaves i can buy each turn.) So in the end i payed 600 gold for finishing the winter palace instead of the 3600 normal rushing would have cost.

I agree w/ you, see my prior post. It really needs fixed, unless there's another mechanic that gives the overcouncil a great advantage (which I haven't really seen...)

Council of Esus brought a strong balance change towards religious victory. To pay 25 gold is much easier then to build a sacrificable disciple. And it is not limited with your borders like for the Order. Plus you have no religion penalty with other religions and can support open borders more easily. Plus there is a Troyan Horse for non-open-borders civs. Overall with CoE religious victory now is the easiest one despite of more religions in shadow. Especially with slower speed.

But CoE doesn't get Inquisitors. On big maps, Inquisitors are a MUST for a religious victory, since populations follow each religion in a city in an euqal percentage.

There's two glaring issues I've noticed playing multiplayer games:

1) the AI absolutely cannot deal with raging barbs. On a huge custom continents, 4 teams of 3 each, half the AI's die to barbs.

2) 1-tile and small islands. This is the most glaring. I just finished up a game with the same settings as above - 4 teams of 3, custom continents (1 per team), and 6 of the AI's started on 1-tile islands and never placed their settlers. One AI started on a 2-tile island and never placed a settler. Is there a mod or a way it can be coded so that settlers do not appear on small islands? It's pretty ridiculous and aggravating at the same time, playing up through turn 2-400 and finding out one who team is just standing around on 1-tile islands without ever placing a settler.

1) the AI absolutely cannot deal with raging barbs. On a huge custom continents, 4 teams of 3 each, half the AI's die to barbs.

Yeah, I stopped turning on Raging Barbs from FFH2 0.21, because the AI evidently performs worse with it (it doesn't necessarily die to barbs, but it does perform worse). Plus it was mind numbingly borning for me too to deal with all those barbarians.

The Slave Trade should have a limit to how many slaves you can buy per turn. As it is now it's so powerful it's almost game breaking. Even the limit per turn would still make it very powerful, unless it's a VERY low limit (3 or below).

Chalid Astrakein is one strong hero - both melee, magic (summoning) + fire damage.

Now, i like his style, but for some reason i don't get to it why the +to Fire is increasing/decreasing sometimes (?)

played with a friend he got >40 +fire dmg

maybe its a bug, if not, it's to powerful.

Slaves should be more expensive to buy, say 50 gold, and also more expensive to sell (Why would I want to sell them for 5 gold? It is so humiliating cheap I'd rather disband them :) )

Slaves should be more expensive to buy, say 50 gold, and also more expensive to sell (Why would I want to sell them for 5 gold? It is so humiliating cheap I'd rather disband them :) )

Slaves should change so they give, say, slightly more hammers than the equivalent cost for gold rushing the building. Since they can't rush units, perhaps they should be able to rush buildings in 3/4 the time as standard gold rushing?

In solo games, it seems like an exploit to trade your religion tech. This leads to massive and easy spread of your religion, and you get a tech in return!

In solo games, it seems like an exploit to trade your religion tech. This leads to massive and easy spread of your religion, and you get a tech in return!

Yeah I figure they shouldn't be tradeable (except Honor and Deception perhaps). Might slow down the spread of the early religions too.

Concur with a couple of posters re: how the slave trade works. Turning 10 gold into 10 hammers for rushing buildings is a great & unlimited bargain. Same with deciding you need to spruce up your empire, buy dozens of slaves and automate them... again, too cheap NOT to squeeze every last bit of use out of the function.

Maybe some restrictions like raising cost, limiting how many per turn can be purchased, or even having a civic requirement (like slavery running?) would help.

I find myself wondering what happened to elven workers. In pre-BtS games, they were able to build most improvements in forests and ancient forests, but mines still required clearcutting and the bronzeworking tech, and jungles still had to be cleared with sanitation. Now, Elven workers can build mines in forested squares and can build freely in jungle squares, though it seems they are unable to clear jungle even with the necessary Sanitation tech. The game would play a whole lot better and be more balanced if a way could be found to recode the elven workers to function as they did in Fire.
Just my thoughts on it.

Top Bottom