Multiplayer Sync Error

-=OTR=-Avenger

Chieftain
Ok I bought Civ and i love it. And Just recently i turned my clan onto playing this and so now there is about 8 of us which have the game. I we finally were all on together. So i host a game. Starts out well go a good 10-20 Turns and boom On my screen it says waiting to here from (so and so) and then i ask him over Teamspeak what his screen says. It says that he is waiting on me. So i ask my other members and they are all just waiting on other civilizations. So i leave the room and some back so does he. When returning it took maybe 5 turns untill we got a Red message saying Sync Error (OSS) blah....blah...blah.... and so after that crap. I said ok some 1 else make the room which they did. And from there this conflict arrose againg with a different person. I have no idea why but it was ruining a great game with all this starting and stopping. We are all patched and We all have a broadband connection.

Im asking Does ne 1 have a clue. All the members are from all across the states and i see no reason why there should be this problem.

Please get back to me thank you:(

When my games go out of sync if everyone with a different number from the others rejoins, the game usually starts working again.

yes but when the people who are out of sync leave and rejoin it only takes maybe 20 more turns before we have an issue again.

same here, just happened for the first time today, happened 3 times in about 30 min. I guess no problem resolution yet?

I would try having all players turn on pings (alt-N) and see who has abnormally high ones to others in the group, physical distance does not unnecessarily mean low pings. Also even with good pings people with marginal computer systems can lag out due to there machines not processing the game code fast enough, perhaps take a poll of the computer specs in the group.

I've played random lobby ladder games with people all over the world and not had OOS errors, and on the other hand some specific players almost always cause them, so some investigation might be required.

On another note you might get a faster response to MP problems if you post on the Civ4players forums, nothing against CFC or Poly for that matter, but you will find more MP experts in the MP community than in the SP community :p

CS

Delete the cache files. It's in C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache

Another possibility to the problem you are having is if the host is running a script mod that others do not have. I play regularly with a few others in multiplayer mode and if I use the smartmap script to generate a map where anyone else is not using the same mod, we get an OOS (Out of Sync) error. Make sure when running any kind of mod that all the other players have the same one as well. I have also noticed that having a player that isn't running the mod leave and reconnect, the error goes away. Just a possibility.

the unoffcial patch will casue sync issues whenever a random event occurs also if not all players have same core file

I've had this problem since the 3.13 patch. Even without the unofficial patch. We get out of sync everytime a random event triggers. We have even copied the same exact files onto three different computers and cleared all cache with no success. The only way we can play is to disable random events completely. Kind of lame, hoping they can fix if there is ever another patch.

Top Bottom