Bayou Genre Marshes

Pounder, that is most excellent! :goodjob: Just add some burnt trees and vegetation and we will have a winner. :D

:nuke: Cheers Senior Elder Thorgrimm :nuke:

Thorgrimm said:
Pounder, that is most excellent! :goodjob: Just add some burnt trees and vegetation and we will have a winner. :D
:nuke: Cheers Senior Elder Thorgrimm :nuke:

I have added some burnt trees and there already was some vegetation.

The trees sort of get lost in the dark terrain.

Along with the skeletons, rocks, plants, trees, etc..., it is becomes a where's Waldo trying to spot the trees.

edit: Maybe you could use the crater file, now that it is free to place other things on the lighter portions of the terrain.

Pounder, do you think it would be possible to transpose the forest trees we are using over your good base terrain?
I have attached the forest pcx we are using for you. :)

:nuke: Cheers Thorgrimm :nuke:

Attachments

• grassland forests.pcx
    134 KB · Views: 193
Pounder I will get a screenie up ASAP. :) Thanks dude.

Pounder, I think if you change the colors you are using from brown to black for the trees and vegetation, like they had just went through a fire, it would look much better. :)

The screenie shows that thye trees are too light to be seen.

Attachments

• Wastelands Test.gif
    Wastelands Test.gif
    109 KB · Views: 256
Thorgrimm said:
Pounder, I think if you change the colors you are using from brown to black for the trees and vegetation, like they had just went through a fire, it would look much better. :)

The screenie shows that thye trees are too light to be seen.

As you can see those trees are dark, not as light as your screenie.

I don't know why they are displaying so light on your screen, as I said in a previous post they are so dark on mine that I can't see them against the dark terrain. Maybe they should be left separate and put the trees on the crater file, that way you would be able to mix them up better and not be as repetative, giving you more variety.

I could just post them with out the trees if you like.

Pounder, with the new blackened trees the 'wastelands' are outstanding! I don't know about anybody else, but to me they are great. :goodjob: :D

Attachments

• Wastelands Test1.gif
    Wastelands Test1.gif
    83.4 KB · Views: 262
Hi Pounder! I find your Bayou Marsh a real bulls eye shot. I'm already using that in the game for ages. Without those dead bushes I find the marsh looking like holes in the landscape. With your dead bushes: like marsh!
I haven't tried the new version yet. My first idea is that maybe that's a bit too many tree stumps. Maybe a combination of the two versions would be ideal. But I haven't installed it yet, so I should be careful.
It looks a bit more blue than the old version as well.
Keep up the good work!
Update: Ok, I generated a few maps with the new marsh, and I'm revising my initial opinion: It's not too many tree stumps; it looks great! I believe now that it actually looks better than the previous version. But it's much bluer. Too blue for the terrain that I'm using. What I'm using is: Thunderfall's less yellow for the base terrain, Snoopy's version #2 for all the water, and newer Snoopy for the trees and mountains. Fits together seamless. But your new marsh is a little too blue for this.
Any chance on leaving the new marsh exactly like it is, but just to turn it back to the original murky green colour? I think marsh should be murky!
Thanks for all what you're doing.

Hi Pounder! I find your Bayou Marsh a real bulls eye shot. I'm already using that in the game for ages. Without those dead bushes I find the marsh looking like holes in the landscape. With your dead bushes: like marsh!
I haven't tried the new version yet. My first idea is that maybe that's a bit too many tree stumps. Maybe a combination of the two versions would be ideal. But I haven't installed it yet, so I should be careful.
It looks a bit more blue than the old version as well.
Keep up the good work!
Update: Ok, I generated a few maps with the new marsh, and I'm revising my initial opinion: It's not too many tree stumps; it looks great! I believe now that it actually looks better than the previous version. But it's much bluer. Too blue for the terrain that I'm using. What I'm using is: Thunderfall's less yellow for the base terrain, Snoopy's version #2 for all the water, and newer Snoopy for the trees and mountains. Fits together seamless. But your new marsh is a little too blue for this.
Any chance on leaving the new marsh exactly like it is, but just to turn it back to the original murky green colour? I think marsh should be murky!
Thanks for all what you're doing.

I missed your update.

I live by a marsh and it is not murky, it is the clearest water you'll find, must be all the plants/weeds/life that filter the water.

I made the blue ones for myself, I like the way they look with the jungles.

I may give it a look with the green ones, mind you, I already have a green set (the set you were using), but I will revisit it.

Speaking of murky, I made a set of brown rivers a while back, seems nobody had anything positive to say about them, so they were never posted, hmm, I have a ton of stuff I never posted come to think about it, I should get back to work.

Top Bottom