ModCast #6: "Where are my Robots?"

Locutus

King of the Collective

The sixth episode of ModCast is here, an official podcast of Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS). "Where are my Robots?" (51m16s) features the four core panelists Wouter "Locutus" Snijders, Tony "GarretSidzaka" Kiehl, Kenneth "Impaler[WrG]" Ferland and Oscar "Elhoim" Velzi.

ModCast is a bi-weekly ~45-minute audio production of Apolyton Civilization Site and is an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on Civilization modding; its sibling show PolyCast focuses on Civ strategy. To date, ACS is the only community on the web to produce its own Civilization podcasts.

Summary of Topics:

- 02m23s | News
We discuss CFC's server getting hacked and a lot of mods and artwork being deleted.
- 10m39s | Artist Sketchpad
Looking at a Generic Middle Eastern Leader by Amra, Bakuel's Incan Industrial Age Unit Pack, the Fairey Swordfish by The_Coyote and an Evil Lizard Palace by woodelf and winddelay.
- 22m10s | Code Corner
We talk about Leonardo's Workshop by GIR and Shqype's Route Restricter (similar to Zebra 9's zRoutes mod as discussed in episode 2).
- 28m47s | Cartography Room
Focused on Lokolus's Earth 1643 AD scenario.
- 39m06s | Spotlight
We dig into the Next War scenario that shipped with Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, to lay a foundation for future discussions on Next War-based mods.

Wow, cool, it's pleasant to see my name here! :D

EDIT: hahaha, this is pretty cool. I need to upload an audio file that sounds out my username so that people don't have to keep guessing what it sounds like. :p

The y is a close front rounded vowel in Albanian, and is similar to the French tu, and German über.

The "q" sound is harder to pronounce, but the closest in English is the "ch" sound, which will pass as you'll be understood. To make it easier for you guys, you can pronounce the q in Shqype as if it was silent.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/marknika/HowToPronounceShqype.mp3

And to hear "Albania" in a sentence (in a song):
http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/marknika/SiShqypniaVendNukKa.mp3

I hope that clears things up for everyone! :)

PS - If the above links don't work, simply download the .zip attachment provided in this post. It contains the 2 audio files linked above.

Where are my robots and what's that smell? :clap:
Another nice episode and I have to agree on huge scenarios with too much pre-worldbuilded stuff. Locutus sounded as sensible as always.

EDIT: hahaha, this is pretty cool. I need to upload an audio file that sounds out my username so that people don't have to keep guessing what it sounds like. :p

Just in case I ever get mentioned in any of these: my name is pronounced Guy-us Ock-tay-vee-us, not Gay-us Octavius! :lol: :mischief:

(A lot of people get that wrong. :p)

Just in case I ever get mentioned in any of these: my name is pronounced Guy-us Ock-tay-vee-us, not Gay-us Octavius! :lol: :mischief:

(A lot of people get that wrong. :p)

LOL! I knew that, but if I ever called you "gay-is" it was just to "bust your balls," haha.

Don't get me started on how Italy beat Albania now... ;)

Don't get me started on how Illyria formed a significant foundation for the Roman Empire now... ;)

And how Albania saved Italy from Mehmed the Conqueror in the 15th century ;)

Once again you guys inspire me - this time I finished up 6 old units listening to the cast. Always a good time when you guys post.

and to let you know, i just added them to the next recording. ;)

We were supposed to record today, but had some time zone issues. we will have to record ep7 next weekend.

that means i dont have to edit this week, but will have to entirely edit all next week :p

I'm really starting to enjoy these little productions. I was skeptical at first, but I admit I was actually waiting for this one to come out. :)

@jkp1187
Yeah, I told you all that wouter was funny :D
I didn't play the epic game :p so thats probly why.
that link you sent was funny btw

@woodelf
you will like this episode and it has you in it too :goodjob: when are you coming onto the show yourself ;) ??

@cephalo
hell yeah!!! :D We converted you to liking us!!! Biggest compliment i've heard yet at that.

@woodelf
you will like this episode and it has you in it too :goodjob: when are you coming onto the show yourself ;) ??

You'd need heavy editing if I was on the show Tony. :mischief:

I'd actually love to, but don't have any hardware needed to speak into a podcast. At least I don't think I do.

I'd actually love to, but don't have any hardware needed to speak into a podcast. At least I don't think I do.

You can buy a basic microphone for like $10 ...

just buy a microphone headset that is $25+
thats all you need, and internet connection (no dialup)

dont worry about the editing, its hard no matter what :lol:

Top Bottom