Fall From Heaven Leader's Tale - Valledia the Even

got it.

it seems like for our empire to get in contact with others, it must expand through or past perpentach. Too bad we can't see perp's power rating.

Do people want to continue expanding peacefully or build an army to bonk heads?

I.

Also, religion or head for sorcery?

I'd go for Empyrean next...Chalid just plain rocks :D !

Huh.. I'm really torn three-ways. RoK gives us lots of gold and Bambur. But Dwarves are in game. Empyrean would probably be better. And there is AV. But do we want AV? Do we want the power? :drool:

Lots of divergent ideas...
i'll wait until tomorrow to play the turn so we can discuss this.

We have a few problems:
we have a very limited number of workers and many of our cities are not working improved tiles.
We have no contacts besides perp.
We have no consensus on how to develop an army.

I have a few suggestions:
1) build a hunter's lodge and get a hawk to go out and meet the elves and dwarves. This will let us make use of our trade tech and could lead to further contacts.
2) i think we should burn the GS on alteration and dump 'way of the wise' and 'honor' and go for sorcery. If i remember correctly this will let us build cave of ancestors which will let us get fireball-chucking mages to attack perp with. also with alteration, we could make enchantment nodes and really raise our happy cap.

Anyway, story aside, what do people think?

2) i think we should burn the GS on alteration and dump 'way of the wise' and 'honor' and go for sorcery. If i remember correctly this will let us build cave of ancestors which will let us get fireball-chucking mages to attack perp with. also with alteration, we could make enchantment nodes and really raise our happy cap.

I wouldn't mind this either, we could just forget founding a religion ourselves. And "steal" OO/Esus from Perp.

@Immaculate:

Agree on 1). Disagree on 2). Who needs fireball summoning Mages if you can get Chalid Astrakein. That guy is like a f****g one man army. Crown of Brillance puts whole stacks through the grinder. If we are content that we can get Empyrean with a detour to Sorcery - fine. But if not I'd rather see us heading that way. Meanwhile hook up Bronze and get some footsoldiers ready. As an afterthought: Being good opens the way to Paladins. Another reason for Empyrean...

Imhotep

·Imhotep·;6831155 said:
@Immaculate:

Agree on 1). Disagree on 2). Who needs fireball summoning Mages if you can get Chalid Astrakein. That guy is like a f****g one man army. Crown of Brillance puts whole stacks through the grinder. If we are content that we can get Empyrean with a detour to Sorcery - fine. But if not I'd rather see us heading that way. Meanwhile hook up Bronze and get some footsoldiers ready. As an afterthought: Being good opens the way to Paladins. Another reason for Empyrean...

Imhotep
Lurker Comment:

Empyrean will change Evil to Neutral, but not Neutral to Good. You'll need Order to change to Good, but the Order doesn't have Chalid, nor Radiants or Rathas.

Metamagic II is Dispel - Reverts mana nodes to raw and removes positive buffs from enemies and negative from your troops. It is not too useful, but metamagic 2 promotion also increases spell damage and reduces enemy resist. That comes nicely if you use maelstrom, but has no effect on fireballs.

It should be noted that it is not possible to steal the Esus. If we research deception we'll get Nightwatch, but he can spread Esus only if it is our state religion. Our only chance is natural spread.

Immaculate has valid points, but that route leads us to Veil... The fate of Amurites is to be decided. I guess it could make a nice story :)

@TheJopa:

In fact Metamagic II is very useful for Tower of Mastery Victories as you don't need every mana source - just 4 suffices as you can revert the nodes after each Tower has finished...

OOS:

We have three normal workers and only one production-type city. This city is currently being used to build a wonder. I realize Imhotep is the ‘legendary builder’ but at this point we need basic infrastructure. (EDIT: oops- i thought imhotep had played before me but it was ozbenno- i guess the legendary bird of weed likes to build?) So (with apologies), that got cancelled.

To address this issue, I let the current builds finish in most cities (exception is Udenerat) then set them to build workers. At the end of this turn set we have one more worker and every city except Udenerat is building another one and in some cases, close to being complete. When you look at the map and you see all the unimproved tiles, you’ll understand why I did what I did.

I burned the great sage on alteration and started us towards sorcery. I thought, hey, are we the amurites or aren’t we? And that decided it. Also, chalid needs priesthood, code-of-laws, religious law, way of the wise, AND honor, so he’s a long, long ways off.

Anyway, on with the story:

It was a time of war and blood, but the Amurite people did not know this. They felt snug and warm in their jungle valleys. The worst they had to fear was goblins and orcs. Perpentach and the Balseraphs always loomed on the horizon but their forces were rarely seen on the Amurite border. The Amurite people were blissfully unaware of the wars of extermination being waged across the globe.

All that changed with on little spell and one little bird. Amurite wise-men had for some time studied to understand the workings of the astral aethar that surrounded them and permuated the mana nodes near Udenerat and in the wilds. They sought to tame them and learn their secrets. In the year 260, a great sage appeared who taught them the very secrets had so long lusted after.

As a result, amurite mages were able to combine their scrying spells to a tamed hawk and send it out into the wilds. This, ultimately, change the face of Amurite culture and identity forever.
The hawk flew far and wide and discovered many secrets.

He met Beeri Bawl and Arendel Phaedra, followers of the fellowship of leaves, to the south of Perpentach.

He flew east and met the leader of the dark elves, Faeryl Viconia.

He flew beyond her realm and met a third elf, Varn Gosam, who led humans.

The world was a bloody place as the dwarves and Arendel’s elves fought Perpentach and his people while Varn Gossam led his human armies against his kindred led by Faeryl Viconia.

Through arcane magics, the bird was able to speak for Amurite people and it is perhaps the greatest ambassador ever to have been known amongst the Amurites.

The amurites helped slow the Balseraph advance by teaching the light elves the use of metals. In exchange they taught the Amurites how to map the lands they had newly discovered as well as some prize fishing spots. Such was the diplomatic skill of the lowly bird and the friendship between the Amurite people and the elves that latter, when asked, the elven queen freely gave away the maps to her lands.

The dwarves also needed assistance in turning the Balseraph forces. The amurites did what they could and taught them the use of bronze also.

Faeryl Viconia, when need of assistance, turned to the Amurite people for help. Her kind words held the lightest hint of a threat.

The war between Varn’s humans and Faeryl’s elves did not bode well for the humans and the Amurites, in the spirt of helping their fellow man, provided what assistance they could to strengthen Varn’s armies.

Such was the flights of the hawk.

Attachments

• Valledia AD-0277.CivBeyondSwordSave
    220.3 KB · Views: 115
Excellen turnset Immaculate. Now that we've met most people (where is Auric?) we can start some longterm plans. I think it is in our own interest to destroy the Balseraphs, and help the elves. Faeryl Viconia seems stronger than Varn Gosam, so we should try and play nice. However, helping Varn will sabatoge Viconia, making her lose her strength.

Fellowship of the Leaves is an attractive religion.
1) We would become good friends with Arendel and Beeri
2) Our newly grown forests will be Ancient Forests
3) Cerruneous/Sucellus (im[portant FoL gods) opposed Mulcarn, and the religion symbolizes summer, the opposite of winter.

So I think we need to start an army, mainly swordsmen, reinforced with leter mages, aquire Fol, and establish good relations with Faeryl. Also, since most of the continent is discovered, it seems Auric is on another continent. We will need good seafaring techs.

Finally, whose where on score?

I decided to tech for sorcery.

If we can get our trade routes hooked up to the Balseraph, we should be able to get a passive CoE spread. Note that Perp sent us a OO missionary (and converted one of our cities) during my turnset so we could become OO whenever we wanted to- but I decided against it since he is our first target: he also asked us to declare on Beeri and I said no to preserve relations with the elven leaders. But taking Esus, if we can get a passive spread would be cool because it wouldn’t hurt our relations with the other civs (they wouldn’t know we were following a heathen religion- it shows as no religion). Personally, I much prefer Esus over Leaves and besides, to get leaves requires us to get the tech whereas to get Esus, we just need to build a road and wait a bit.

Also:
I am having a bit of a problem with FFH/CIV whenever i open these saves. Maybe someone can relate and help me.
I am playing version 'E' of FFH .31 and that was running fine until I played my first turn in this SG. Afterwards, I would get CTDs whenever I played any game regardless of if it was FFH .30 or .31. I posted my difficulties in the trouble-shooting section of FFH but no real help there. Anyway, I ended up having to uninstall my CIV and FFH games (including saves which sucked) and reinstalling. Then it worked. At the time, I didn’t think it had anything to do with this SG.
Now, I just played my turns in this SG and I am getting the CTDs again and I will probably have to reinstall my CIV and FFH which is a pretty long process and pretty much takes up all my computer game time for that night (I don’t get much anymore).
Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks,
I.

Top Bottom