Abdication of King Seidrik and Coronation of King dutchfire!

Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik The Gray
The palace square is mobbed with people from all corners of Aretania, and even a smattering of foreign visitors. Rumors have been flying for months now, concerning the apparent absence of King Seidrik and the status of the newly born Arkadian Dynasty. Messengers told all interested parties to appear for an address from the King himself, the first of its kind.

A ring of axemen held the crowd away from the Palace doors, and Archers were posted on the roof tops. Other guards were stationed in the crowd to keep things under control. As the noon hour approached, the tentions built until the guards finally sensed that the kettle would boil over and the second revolution in Aretanian history might happen.

Then, to a defining sessasion of noise, and to no customer drum announcements, the great doors to the palace simply opened. Out stepped King Seidrik in his royal fineries the ivory and gold scepter in one hand and the crown of Aretania firmly on his head. Calmly, the King stepped to the front of the top most stair leading to the palace square with members of his faction trailing a short distance behind him.

"Citizens of Aretania and foreign guests. Today is a sad day for me, but a day that I hope turns yet another page for us all. I love Aretania and all of her people. I do nothing, unless I can do it well and with all of my being invested in it. In this position, least of all things, can we have a ruler, who is unable to be fully devoted...fully vested. My sons are young and far away in years to be a dutiful heir to Aretania. My homeland of Arkadia also needs someone to watch over it while it is under increasing pressure from outside forces. My own life seems drawn away to other things, and I no longer believe that I have the necessary requirements to rule.

We have discussed this vigorously but also very quickly within the Arkadian Faction, whom you chose to rule over our people, and believe that dutchfire has those key components within himself to rule most effectively for all of us.

And so, as my last command, I order that all men, women, and children of Aretania, and in deed even the lands and waters within her borders shall now rest under the rulership of a new king."

Seidrik removes his crown and transfers it to Diamondeye, the head of the Protectors of Faith, the head of the Aretanian faith, and the spiritual leader of Aretania. Seidrik then bows and hands over the scepter as well.

Finally, Seidrik steps back, and dutchfire steps forward.

Seidrik kneels, as dutchfire bows his head toward Diamondeye, who then places the crown on dutchfires head, and then hands the scepter over to his care and posession.

Then, Seidrik stands and shouts, "ALL HALE KING dutchfire!"

your leadership will be missed kwp. A wise decision to name a successor instead of a long drawn out election :goodjob: . Congrats King :king: Dutchfire lead us into glory.

It was just one of those things...I had really been looking forward to ruling but I feel that I can no longer support the commitment...a real bummer for me, but it's the best thing for everyone.

After the coronation ceremony, King dutchfire went back to his palace together with his advisers. They had a lot of policy issues to discuss. The new king was eager to make a good start of his reign.

"Minions, Great times lie ahead of us. We are the government that provide the change that's needed. Under Seidrik's rule, that change has been initiated, under my rule, it will be completed.
First of all, I want to issue small metal remembrance items of this coronation ceremony. These items will be very valuable, and people can use them to facilitate trade. I have received information that Queen Hatsheput's metal workers have mastered the art of working better, harder metal, called 'Eye-Ron' (named after Swift Ron, the one-eyed master-smith of Seville). I suggest Lord Civius sends some of his staff to her, and convince her to share that information with us. In exchange, we'll teach her how to count to 10. The poor girl never was good at arithmetics.

We will also start recruiting brave citizens of our empire to explore the boundaries of the known world, and settle them. Aretania will rule the lands. Rumour has it that there are people west from here, the Sandpeople, I will support an expedition by sea to find out if there's fact to support that rumour.

King Lincoln and King Hatsheput are always bragging about the strength of their army. I can't stand that bragging. I hope to make our own army just as strong, or even stronger, so that I will be able to brag soon.

Glorious days await us, make sure you're there, make your country and your king proud of you, and enter the history books as a hero.

For King and Country!"

"For King and Country" bellowed Cyc as he raised his wine class. A slight nod going to the new King. In unison, the other Advisors repeated the call, "For King and Country" filled the chamber. A toast to our ruler, a grand way to end the ceremony.

Now Cyc needed to gather his thoughts and maps in preparation for his discussion with King dutchfire. Would the Monarchy press on with the Land Grants as a payment for the dedication of it's Advisors? Might this be the key that triggers the final bonding of our nation?

The King looked good in his new crown, unshaven and all. I'm sure that look of confusion was just a ploy to hide anxiety and distrust. :) My time to speak will be soon. I will wait.

Seidrik sat musing over his ale, contemplating the whirlwind of events, his meteoric rise and fall and the events which kept him away from what he had wanted to do...Then, he considered how well the transition had appeared to be going. It was as if the Monarchy hadn't missed a beat. In fact, things were moving much faster than he had feared, and more smoothly too. A smile crept onto his face as he felt some of the happiness and excitement returning to him.

"Better to leave with honor than to be burned at the steak, right?" He thought to himself, with a cynical grin breaking out on his face.

"I will find ways to move things still no doubt, but the scepter of rulership is truley and fastly in the hands of dutchfire, who is already proving to be quite a worthy successor."

Then, with a smile and that familiar mischievous glint in his eye, Seidrik whispered into his ale, "Long live the King indeed."

Mere days after the ceremony, a dusty and weatherbit scout enters Arkadia to find Seidrik sitting whispering in his ale. Staggering closer, Seidrik recognizes his old friend Sindar. The man looks skinny and exhausted after the long and fast travel, but strong and rank as ever. his clothes are dusty and worn, and his hair in its ponytail is crude and messy. He smiles at Seidrik, his teeth gleamingly white, amongst the dusty looks of the young man. He looks older than the 19 years he has just passed.

He walks up to Seidrik and claps his shoulder, motioning him to stand up and recieve one of his bearlike hugs, while signaling with the other hand at the barmaid that he needed an ale. A large one.

Celebrations have ended and everyone has gone to work hard at getting Aretania where it belongs. Commemorative coins have been issued, scientists have worked hard at getting break-throughs, diplomats have manipulated foreign civs into donating for the common good of Aretania, and soldiers have spread Aretanian honour by force.

Soon, very soon, Aretania will be the world power. The days of Lincoln and Hatsheput are counted if every citizen of Aretania keeps working this hard at becoming the best. King dutchfire will rule the continent, his loyal helpers controlling the cities where Hatsheput used to dwell.

Soon, very soon, all the world will be ours.

Top Bottom