NoTW XIX: The Song of the Nightingale - Game Thread

(OOC: qoou, pick to either support or lynch you can't do both)

The game will resume tonight at 8pm EST. This shall be a spoiler free zone if you wish it.

Merciary, wanna remove your support vote to make it a tie? (Kol hasn't voted for either one of you two)

Merciary, wanna remove your support vote to make it a tie? (Kol hasn't voted for either one of you two)

I'm fairly certain that your votes didn't count considering the deadline for the evening was yesterday at 7 pm central time/8 pm eastern. Anything after that doesn't count. Even if our illustrious GM was busy watching the Lost finale. :D

Edit: Technically speaking we should be getting the morning update in a couple hours. ;)

Evening 6

At the end of the day, it was another day over, which is all that can be said of the life of a Nightingaler. The vote, with a significant amount of absent members, was led by Tasslehoff- whose turn it was to die.

After the failure of hanging as a method of execution yesterday, the survivors decided that a new method was necessary. One innovative chap suggested that the victims simply be beheaded using scrap metal discovered in the forest. The axe fashioned from it was left aside for executions, and would not be voted to anybody.

The expressionless Tasslehoff walked up towards his executioner, decided to be Lightfang, slowly and deliberately as if savoring every moment remaining of her life. When she took up her position, the captain asked her if he had any last words, a reasonable question given the circumstances.
“I do in fact have a few words for you all.” Said Tasslehoff as her face transformed into a sneer. “Quite simple really, nothing too complex.”

“THE ASHEN VEIL WILL KILL You ALL!”

With that, a snarling Tasslehoff resumed her true form, that of a werewolf, and threw herself at Lightfang. The Riverking leapt out of the way just in time, but his movement gave Tasslehoff an opening and she fled on four legs towards the forest.

The others ran in pursuit, but were unable to overtake the four legged Tasslehoff. She disappeared into the forest, leaving behind a bunch of huffing and puffing survivors.

Still he could not hide forever. It was a small island after all, and search parties scouring the woods were able to slowly track him down and encircle the wolf. Soon the Nightingalers came upon the defeated Tasslehoff from all sides, closing him in completely.

Conversationally Tasslehoff remarked: “You are all going to die you know. There is no way to stop the power of the Ashen Veil. Absolutely none.

Have you figured out what exactly Pinman is doing yet? Didn’t think so.
No I fear that I will be avenged very very soon. “

With that terrible promise the man-wolf threw himself on the execution axe, his last breath escaping his mouth.

Spoiler :

The Crafter, Tasslehoff, was a wolf.

Upon the moment of the wolf’s death something mysterious happened to the survivor’s erstwhile companion. Somehow the Song of the Nightingale had grown softer, as if it had lost strength.

Strength that it could never regain.
--------------
Voting Tally:

Kol.7 Riverking Kol.7 CatharsisIzipo
Lightfang Riverking Kol.7
Izipo Wavewalker
qoou Wavewalker
Merciary Oceandweller merciary
Tyrs Oceandweller
Methos Oceandweller Tasslehoff Kol.7 Catharsis
Catharsis Oceandweller merciaryCatharsis Kol.7 Rheinmetall
Frozen in Ice Hammerfist Catharsis Kol.7
Tasslehoff Ironsmith Tasslehoff Kol.7
Rheinmetall Ironsmith Rheinmetall
Tolis Ironsmith Catharsis
Renata Plainsrider
Stuck in Pi Silver-rider Tasslehoff Kol.7 Catharsis Stuck in pi
mythmonster2 Silver-rider Tasslehoff Kol.7

Accusations

Tasslehoff:3
merciary:1

Supports

merciary:1
Tasslehoff:1

The Vial

Rheinmetall:2
Stuck in Pi: 1

The Red Crystal

Catharsis: 6

The Silver Amulet

kol.7: 7

Public Posting is now closed.

Send in your items, abilities and amenities.

End of Day 6.

Night 6

“So where are we going again?” asked Rheinmetall Ironsmith as he followed the cloaked figure slowly.

The Dwarf and Tyrs Oceandweller had agreed to help out their cloaked leader in an experiment. They had been told that they could help advance the powers of healing far beyond their current limits. That they could help breach the limit imposed for so long.

“ To my tent- which is here”, said the leader as he opened a door at the far end of theshore. It led to a small chamber, with strange runes that had been inscribed by its current owner on theground. Upon close examination, there was a small book opened on a nearby table, and two chairs had been set up on the far wall. All of these furnishings appeared to have been recently carved probably using the wood in the forest to the north.

“ Please take a seat, all I need is your strength, nothing else”.

Slightly uneasy, the two seated themselves on the chairs, as the figure began to chant.

The language that pierced the air seemed strange, and as they listened to it the two seemed to grow tired and weaker. They had not noticed the small runes that surrounded each of their chairs.

“Hey, don’t you think this is a little weird” whispered the Dwarf to Tyrs. “Maybe this guy is one of the priests of the AV or something”.

“I’m sorry Rheinmetall, but it was the only way for the rest to survive.”, replied his counterpart.

“What do you mean? Whats happening? Hey what are you-“

Her voice cut off as the two bodies hit the floor.

Morning 7

The survivors awoke to the smell of blood. Outside their tents, in the center of their fledgling camp, lay the body of the latest victim. Mythmonster, to the shock of his mother Stuck in Pi, had been ripped to pieces by the wolves. The remains of his body were scattered around the camp. Bleed seeping out from the gory remains of the Hippus. The only solace to his weeping mother was that nothing had landed in the water. All of the pieces were there, nothing had floated away.

Spoiler :
It appeared that The Rider, mythmonster, was innocent.

Although innocent, it seemed that the poor Hippus had hidden some secrets. Among his belongings lay the statue of a Hippus Rider- probably given to the trainee shaman by his father. Maybe it would be of use to somebody else, as determined by an item vote to be held later that morning.

The true surprise lay elsewhere that morning, not at the camp. It was Methos who found them, lying further down the beach. Their bodies had been dumped far from where they had died, as evidenced by the dragging marks in the dirt and they died without blood, with no mark on either of them.

Spoiler :

Still, Rheinmetall The Merchant and Tyrs The Wave Watcher were both dead and innocent.

The mystery of their deaths was profound, as both were quite intact with no signs of struggle. A few people suggested poison, and that would have been the general theory had Chandrasekhar not been killed, with her vial still lying unopened in Rheinmetall’s pocket with the gold that had been voted to him days before.

There seemed to be no cause, and the strangest clue was that both bodies appeared drained, if such a phenomenon can be described.

So the thoughtful Nightingalers headed back to their camp, debating the possible causes in their mind. The jolt to reality came only later, as they saw a naked man staring out to sea on their beach.

He seemed not to notice their coming and did not turn as they all gathered around him, fingering weapons and wondering who he could be. None of them were missing, and he did not have Captain Pinman’s figure.

Finally he turned around, and time seemed to freeze in its place.

“Hello Everybody” said Niklas Wavewalker.

The day will last 48 hours, with the midday post coming in 24.

Accusations should be in Black.
Support Votes should be in Green.
Votes for the Statue should be in Yellow.
Votes for the Vial should be in Purple.
Votes for the Gold should be in Orange.

Public Posting is now opened.

Renata is away from the thread for a few days due to personal reasons.

Revival. This is Izipo at work here. You have heard of the law of equivalent exchange, yes? I had suspected it all along. You can't just bring back bodies. You have to pay a price equal or greater. In this case, two innocents have died to bring back one. That puts us at negative one. Clearly this endeavor wasn't worth the cost.

Not that I'm not glad to see you back, Niklas. It's just that, well, two innocents have died for you, which doesn't help our cause at all.

I'm sorry but Izipo I knew no good would come of your necromancy ,no offense Niklas. Kol.7 you're in on it too. You sent me a message asking for me to participate in what ever happened here. I suspected that his experiment would lead to such an end, but it seems my wife was naive enough to trust you. I will have my vengeance.

How dare you accuse Izipo! Do you not realise how he has put his life at risk to help the innocent team? If a werewolf had found out he'd be dead! And now you accuse him like this? How is this necromancy? Niklas is not undead, he is alive again. I knew about Izipo's power and suspected that Niklas would be useful to the innocent team, so I contacted Izipo and other people to ask for their help. Out of all the people that agreed I chose Tyrs, becaue he has been so quiet lately, and you can never trst the quiet ones, and Rheinmetall who was one of my main suspects. We were hoping to catch a wolf in the process but alas they were both innocent.

YOU!!! YOU WILL ALL PAY FOR THIS! Now I will get revenge.

Since wherever the vial goes, it seems to bring death, I will knowingly sacrifice myself for the good of the rest. For similar reasons, I think that the gold and the statue should go into my possession.

I would also like to accuse Captain Pinman, as he seems to be behind this whole thing.

((He's already dead))

Lurker's comment:
In this NotW, nobody's ever dead...

((Okay, rephrased. He is incapable of being voted on for being non-physical being at the moment))

The Oceandweller daughter pokes the corpse of her mother with her shoe a bit.

bye-bye, lady who seemed to know me.

ahem. what's the matter with you? voting for izipo for reviving a person when we only have a few days before certain death! this thing - here Catharsis waves the red crystal around - has to be silenced. and it seems like the way to do this is by killing wolves.

so...

...let's kill wolves!

qoou! your attempts to save tasslehoff even included trying to persuade merciary to remove his support vote on himself, which, however cowardly, was the only thing preventing him from being killed as well as, or instead of, tasslehoff. you are a wolf! you should be fed to the sharks.

EDIT: oh, and give renata the goldy statue thing.

Small warning: No midday post tonight.

I just finished my final essay of the year, and i'm exhausted.

The Oceandweller daughter pokes the corpse of her mother with her shoe a bit.

bye-bye, lady who seemed to know me.

ahem. what's the matter with you? voting for izipo for reviving a person when we only have a few days before certain death! this thing - here Catharsis waves the red crystal around - has to be silenced. and it seems like the way to do this is by killing wolves.

so...

...let's kill wolves!

qoou! your attempts to save tasslehoff even included trying to persuade merciary to remove his support vote on himself, which, however cowardly, was the only thing preventing him from being killed as well as, or instead of, tasslehoff. you are a wolf! you should be fed to the sharks.

EDIT: oh, and give renata the goldy statue thing.

Tasslehoff was the only person I had the courage to privately discuss these killings with for quite some time. He temporarily convinced me that one of my current allies were guilty. Even after I had started doubting him, I did not believe that he was evil: in fact I thought that we was right and it was my other allies who were being misled. I now see how horribly wrong I was...

Top Bottom