NoTW XIX: The Song of the Nightingale - Game Thread

I may as well support giving Renata the statue.

is everyone scared to speak? we wont get anywhere unless we hear your accusations!

izipo, you at least must speak to explain your actions. and niklas, put some clothes on and then make your voice heard! you were dead! now you arent! so why don't you speak????

(OOC: I'm back, but I have no idea what's going on. I'll post once I figure it out. Or once I've figured out that I'm not going to figure out, which is infinitely more likely.)

{OOC : Okay people, I just got back from a long week end and indeed I have much to say on the events of last night (game time). Just give me some time to 1/clean my apartment 2/phone my new GF (this would explain my absence somewhat ;) and 3/compose a nice IC post. See you later. }

{ OOC: Like the previous speakers I've been quite busy, I'll be sure to put some clothes on a speak in a few hours. ;) }

Coming up behind her husband, Izipo slowly puts a cloth around his midsection. Holding hands with him, she looks him in the eyes :

My Love, I thought I had lost you...
But I lost no time mourning, I finally knew then what my destiny was. All these years I had been studying, just for you. How simple it looks now, how hard the choice was. I was torn, thought I couldn't do it, but found strength and resolve in the friends we have made.
Sure, one might argue that two souls to save one, is too heavy a price to pay.

Abruptly she turns to the crowd, with a look of defiance.

But know this : my husband's soul is worth more than all of ours.
If this was the price to pay to rid us of evil and get me back my love, then yes I am guilty of being willing to pay it.

Taking out the book from her robe again, she looks at it for moment then throws it in front of her on the sand. It is noticeably charred in some parts and most of the pages turning with the gentle breeze are either unreadable, or simply blank.

There, I have no need of this anymore, now that my destiny is fulfilled. Finally I am at peace.

Turning back to face her husband, she whispers :

I am yours forever my love, even death was not able to tear us apart.

After donning some clothes his wife found him, the new-reborn First Mate sits a long while staring out over the ocean that has been his home for so long, his wife by his side. When the night draws closer, he moves to sit down by the small fire, eyes locked in the flames for a long time before he starts to speak.

I... I don't really know where to begin. I've been somewhere, I ... the images, I can't quite... well, it's no matter, it's as a dream, waiting for me when... when... *shudder* The captain, is he dead? Did I... did I really get him this time? I can't feel him in me anymore...

And you finally killed a werewolf! That nasty little dwarf, should have known, she was after me from the beginning. I would have wanted to see... but there are still wolves left! We must find them! Before they kill the rest of us!

merciary! I considered you a friend, but a friend you are not, of anyone that's good and true.

Items seem so irrelevant now, but let Frozen In Ice have the gold, and Renata the statue. The vial, I... my daughter... *sob*

Aye, right you are my love.

Merciary has been far too silent, probably sharpening his claws as we speak...

And those items, do we really need them ? Go ahead my son (qoou), have the statue if it pleases you. The gold can go to Frozen in Ice, maybe you could melt it and put it to better use.

The Captain sat on an upturned crate. He seemed troubled, pained in some way. His clothes are like rags, his eyes dark with exaustion. He presently gets up, and points an accusary finger at merciary

''I have heard of your crimes, merciary. To think, after all this time I trusted you, believed your lies. No more. I may no longer have a ship, but you are still my crew and I am still your captain! How dare you betray my trust! Werewolf!''

(Merciary)

''I would like the gold, after all I have lost so much. My ship, my belongings. My life. The statue may go to renata.''

"I am the only one left in my family. I will allow the statue to go to Renata. I have no need for it.

Stuck in Pi rubs her missing leg, obviously still in pain from two days ago.

"I am not sure of anyone's guilt, but I believe that Tolis Ironsmith needs to put more into our search."

[The Hippus shaman-to-be has been in retreat from the camp overnight, and when he returns it is to find three more dead, mythmonster2 among them. He gazes sadly at the remains, then addresses Stuck in Pi.]

We are only two now, dear countrywoman. Tali is testing us harder than I feared.

I should indeed like to have mythmonster2's little statue. We were colleagues, and if it has a use in this situation, perhaps I can divine it. Tolis is a dwarf; she should have the gold. The vial I am uncertain about. Poisons are an abomination unto Tali, and I would prefer it go to no-one. In the interests of not allowing it to fall into the wrong hands, I would like to propose that Catharsis get it. She is too crazy to be evil.

As for my choice on who is to follow the deceitful Tasslehoff into death? I think I must keep my thoughts to myself for a little while longer. Izipo and Niklas have yet to speak.

(OOC: I realize this is a cross-post, sorry. Back later.)

Stuck in Pi rubs her missing leg, obviously still in pain from two days ago.

Ghost Comment: So, how does one rub a missing leg? Do you still carry the lopped off one around? :mischief:

This being the cutoff point for voting. Unfortunately, I remembered that I have an exam tommorow, and I should have been in bed an hour ago.

So goodnight, and expect the update tommorow.

Evening 7

Another day had passed for the survivors beneath the red sky. The Song of the Nightingale carried on its tune, and inflicted a chilly feeling upon each and every one of the innocents. They felt in their bones that the Infernals were really coming. If they failed to destroy the orb by Morning 10, they would all die.

The more immediate concern was of course the execution voting. Following the tradition set the previous day of beheading, Lightfang readied the trusty execution axe, and merciary OceanDweller walked up to stand beside his executioner. It was he who had been decided to die that evening.

“Any last words?” asked the captain, in an attempt at a cool professional demeanour. To put it bluntly, the fellow just didn’t have the talent.

Merciary looked at the man for a second with what appeared to be anger on his face. Finally he seemed to nod to himself as if making a decision. Then the man resumed his true form.

The Patriarch of the Oceandwellers grew fur, and a short tail drew out from behind him. Having seen such a sight just the day before, the Nightingalers were not paralysed by fear and most began to back away slowly.

The werewolf however, seemed to have other ideas on his mind. Merciary addressed Captain Kol in a maniacal voice.

“You have no idea what was done to me. What was done on your behalf.
It is your fault that I’m like this Captain!
How dare you still live after all that was done. I will correct the mistake! “

With that, the werewolf threw himself at Kol, scratching at the man’s body with his claws. The captain started to run, but tripped on a rock as the werewolf pursued him.

Thankfully for the captain Lightfang still valued his life, and as the werewolf reared to deal a mortal blow, the servant drew back the axe and cut off merciary’s head.

Spoiler :
Merciary, The Navigator, was a wolf.

With two wolves dead, the survivors trekked off to bed with some degree of hope. Still none could escape the troubling thought: They only had two executions left.
-----------------------------------
Voting Tally:

Kol.7 Riverking merciary Renata Kol.7
Lightfang Riverking Izipo Renata
Niklas Wavewalker merciaryFrozen in Ice Renata
Izipo Wavewalker merciaryFrozen in Ice qoou
qoou Wavewalker qoouqoouqoou
Merciary Oceandweller Izipo
Methos Oceandweller
Catharsis Oceandweller qoouRenata
Frozen in Ice Hammerfist
Tolis Ironsmith
Renata Plainsrider Renata TolisCatharsis
Stuck in Pi Silver-rider Tolis Renata

Accusations
merciary: 3
Tolis: 1
qoou: 1
Izipo: 2

The Vial
Catharsis: 1

The Gold
Frozen in Ice: 2
Kol.7: 1
Tolis: 1

The Statue
Reanta: 6
qoou: 2

@ Kol.7, it's obvious that we have a tie for the vial. I need your vote on the matter PMed to me asap.

Public Posting is now closed.

Send in your items abilities and amenities.

End of day 7.

((Well that was fun, and now to give my pm box some well needed rest. I guess I need to start working on mine now))

Morning 8

*BANG! BANG! BANG!*

The survivors awoke to the terrifying feeling of the earth shaking beneath them. This frenzied movement of the ground was accompanied by a horrible rumbling sound that struck fear into the hearts of them all. Somehow even the Song of the Nightingale seemed to pulse in beat with the ground.

As each of the trembling Nightingalers plucked up the courage to venture outside, the cause of it all became apparent. There was a ferocious pillar of fire and smoke rising from one unlikely woman’s tent. Evidently there had been an explosion of some kind.

Unfortunately for her, the sheer monstrosity of the fire left no hope that she still lived. Somehow, she had been burned alive within her own tent.

Spoiler :
The Cannoneer, Catharsis, was dead and innocent.

Still, there was some hope of recovering some of her possessions, and as the fire and earthquake seemed to settle down, Tolis ventured into Catharsis’ tent to recover “important things”.

When the woman came limping out, he carried the Nightingale Orb in his hands, with a few burns for his efforts. “Lets vote on this shall we?” said Tolis, before promptly fainting from smoke inhalation. Incidentally, the vial had been awarded to Catharsis yesterday by the Captain, so it also had to be voted on.

Of course, there was a small problem with this idea. As soon as Tolis fainted, the orb began...screaming. A terrible shrieking arose from its depths to equal the song of the Nightingale in magnitude. Most survivors covered their ears and ran away shamelessly.

So the Nightingalers had a long day and an even longer night ahead of them. Who could say what consequences had arisen from these events?

The midday post will come at the usual time, followed by a final post 24 hours from then.
Accusations should be in Black.
Supports should be in Green.
Votes for the Nightingale should be in red.
Votes for the Vial should be in purple.

Quick, put the damn thing in a bucket of water! At least it will tone down the screaming.

Slaps Tolis to make him regain consciousness

Wake up now, let me see those burns.

*The captain's son looks around, solemnly.*

''There are so few of us remaining, yet presumably there are still wolves amongst us and now we're stuck on some godsdamned island. Bloody fantastic that is. I would like to hold onto the vial for now, there are rumours that no one but Chandraeskhar has the knowledge to use the poison yet I don't want to take any more risk here then necessary.

I have heard many dark tales of this orb of late, and I happen to know that if you speak the name of a werewolf into it it kills the speaker. The orb killed catharsis, and I happen to know which name catharsis spoke into it tonight. Lightfangs! My so-called bodyguard and ''trusted friend''. Hah! I have suspected you from the start of this crisis yet you have always managed to escape 'the vote', so to speak. Not this time, mate. There's too much evidence against you now.

Top Bottom