[BtS] Amra's Modpack v3 for Beyond the Sword

When I tried to load ANY mod, I was crashing to desktop. Finally I reinstalled the game and set it up to run the mod from the config file. Works fine now!

However I seem to have a bug where the first civ to place three cities wins a cultural victory if I play with cultural victory on! Any help out there?

Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around but I have a good reason, or a bad one depending on your point of view.

As some of you know I am a family man. A week ago my son got seriously ill and ended up in the hospital. He is out now & hopefully on the road to recovery but, needless to say, needs a lot of attention and thus, Civ4 is not really all that important to me right now.

Because of this, I will be taking a short break from Civ4 modding and hope to return in August to update this modpack & possibly add more to it as originally planned.

In the meantime, I thank everone for their patience and suggest checking out some of the other great modpacks on this forum such as Rise of Mankind.

I hope to see you soon... Amra

I was really looking forward to playing your excellent mod with BtS 3.17, but there's no question that this is *totally* insignificant compared to the health of your son. Best wishes to him and to your whole family!

Take your time Amra . . . . having lost a child I can fully agree that your family in a time of need in far more important than a Civ4 Mod . . . even if it is the best Mod out there

I second all the sincere and kind words of the guys above. Nothing in the world can come before family. We are already indebted to your loved ones for the time you spent crafting all of these excellent mods. I will be quite happy to see you around again when it is absolutely appropriate for you. Best wishes for your kid, God bless you.

I want to thank you for the work you've done to create a great mod. I do hope your son recovers quickly. Our plans are a bit messed up right now too, my husband's mother collapsed from the heat and dehydration and is in the hospital, so we're running 30 miles each way for a bit here too. Looks like she'll be alright, but not entirely out of the woods yet - she's 83.

Take care of him Amra and I hope he recovers from this quickly. Thanks for your work and letting us know whats up in your life.

Just wanted to congratulate you, great mod, just finished my first game as Peter's Russia.

Take care, hope your kid continues to get well.

Amra,

I hope your son is feeling better.

I modified your basil to be more unique and byzantine but I think i have an old skin texture (as show by the facial hair). Do you have a newer texture for the diff and nonshader. could you post them here? (I cant download your whole mod at the moment)

I can load the mod, but when i choose any civ (new or old) the game crashes when it is initializing graphics. I'm too lazy to read all the posts to see if this has already been answered. It says that the file could not be written at some long number i can't remember and then it crashes.

I tried reinstalling it with the patches and it still crashes!!!!:mad:

HELP!!!!!

by the way i can't buy revolutions because i'm as rich as dirt!:sad:

Start Civ4, click on "Advanced", and then on "About this build". Check the number behind "Civ version". If it's 3.17, then this modpack won't work, as it has been written for version 3.13. If you *do* have 3.13, then there's something else going on, but your description isn't specific enough to determine the cause.

Yes, i do have 3.17, so how do i get back to 3.13?
Do i have to completely unistall the game, re-install and then update to 3.13 or is there an easier way?

Also i'm running that no-cd crack so i don't have to sift through a billion cd's to find the game. Will that affect the mod??:confused:If you don't know about the no-cd cracks, they basically let oyu play the game without the cd. I borrowed my friends Medieval Total War and was still able to play months after i gave it back, but then it got boring and it took up a sizeable chunk of my hardrive, so DELETE!!

I also have that Rise of Mankind Mod, will that not work if i go back to version 3.13

I don't suppose there's an easy and painless way to switch between patches (3.17 && 3.13) ??
The safest way (although it wastes a lot of space) is this: If you already installed 3.17, then rename your BtS directory to "BtS 3.17". Then install BtS again, and patch it to 3.13. Then rename the new BtS directory to "BtS 3.13". Then, before you play, rename the folder of the version you need to "Beyond the Sword" and play.

het arma,

i hope everything is going well with your sons recovery, and i wish him to speedy health! take care we will all be saying our prayers for ya

you know guys, i think as a community we could help the mod... so far we are helping eachother out with issues that have been popping up since its release.
i think to help the mod work out any kinks created, and in arma's absense...
if any of us finds any xml errors or oddities and so on, is it possible if we could post fixs to this thread for others to download to the mod on their cpus?

it might even help arma on the work when arma gets back

by no means possible do i mean this suggestion in any disrespect.. i just hope to keep the advancement of this mod going as a community in armas absense

I figured it out. I have also majorly tweeked the AA_Rhye's_Earth_Map worldbuilder screen, and in conjunction with my tweeked version of the Venetian Republic Mod, and the min_city_range of 1, and many barb cities and early civs that I have placed on this map, it's quite a serious challenge and allot of fun, too.

FYI, I had to disable IDW, but barbciv, and revolution mod components are working great!

Top Bottom